It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia holds massive nuclear war exercise involving 40MILLION people

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulOfCeres

Here's the Interfax link.
They're probably preparing for a Trump Presidency , just 4 weeks to go.

War is coming , only a miracle can stop it.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
To be honest, all the sources are sensationalist rags. It would seem the MSM are going into overdrive to spin just how much of a 'baddie' and a 'bogeymen' Russia is. Keep your perspective dry, and your discernment faculties wet.

Then again, I suppose we could all end up in the atmosphere as a global warming gas as early as tomorrow. That will sort out the climate issue.

edit on 4/10/16 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Things were so much easier when I was a kid. No ones country meant anything more to me than a reference for the post office. We all live on this earth together regardless of what land mass or religion we occupy......

Wish I was an ignorant kid again when I see things like this.

-Alee

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: deviant300

You could argue though that since we have this global warming, and having way to many people which earth can't support.. that a nuclear war could stop global warming and that the massive population '''problem'' could be kinda solved with that... but sure still a bad ''solution''.
edit on 4-10-2016 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Here's another article from the Pravda:

Representatives for the Russian Emergency Situations Ministry (EMERCOM) said that all bomb shelters and underground shelters in Moscow meant for the evacuation of people in case of a nuclear attack or other emergencies, "were prepared and will be able to accommodate the entire population of the capital."

Moscow prepared for possible nuclear attack - EMERCOM

Hmm. The underground in the States is built for deep state actors only, innit?

Fun facts transpiring, gotta love the pesky Russians for that.
edit on 4-10-2016 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I feel you're right.

Apparently Russia have shipped in a missile defence system, the S-300 into Syria, stating it's for protection of the Naval Base.

www.express.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Yeah right. It's been coming since WWII. Putin has domestic problems with the economy so he needs a distraction. Nothing like the evil US is there for a distraction! Just to make sure let's have some nuke excercises.

Oh then we have the Russians and Assad-Syrians possibly committing war crimes by targetting hospitals and aid convoys in Aleppo. Oh no no no no we can't have that. Let's create a distraction.

Putin is playing you like a well tuned fiddle and here you all are on ATS dutifully bowing to him.
edit on 4/10/2016 by yorkshirelad because: spelling

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Russia Prepares for War, Plans to Move Thermonuclear ICBMs to Border:

The Russians claim the deployment is in response to NATO installing a US anti-missile system in Eastern Europe in violation of previous Russian-US arms treaties. The United States has made the outrageous claim its missile system is designed to respond to threats from Iran.
anon2.net...
www.globalresearch.ca...
edit on 4-10-2016 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Meh. No one is nuking anyone else. Unless North Korea gets stupid or Pakistan goes into full on Allahu Akbar mode, we won't be seeing the hostile detonation of state sponsored nuclear weapons.

"They" like to pull this every now and again to push for bigger defense budgets...US and Russia. It's all just a ruse to keep the chicken littles rattled.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Lets hope its just a drill!

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn

Yes a Nuclear Winter will put a stop to Global Warming

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilburnRoach
Lets hope its just a drill!
it is, read the links

Exercises such as these are held annually in Russia since 2012. It is timed to October 4, which is Civil Defense Day in Russia. This year’s exercise is not exceptional in terms of scale. For example, the drill of 2013 involved over 60 million people.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

Nothing like the evil US is there for a distraction!

The US and UK started this chain of events with the illegal war in Iraq , we are where we are because of that not Putin , he is taking advantage of the situation to strengthen his and Russia's hand , there are many players playing dangerous games.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

Why do you keep saying Assad bombs? Is he the only Su-17 pilot in Syria or something?

If you're so outraged by Russia helping Syria defeat terrorists, you can always go and join the wonderful "moderate opposition". You'd be more than welcome, it's like 90% foreign mercenaries anyway.

Oh, the aid convoy wasn't bombed by anyone. The UN said this did not happen. When will people stop repeating this lie?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Do you really think Obama has any control over what happens while he is president, I think he is just a puppet for someone or some people who control it all.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Hardly an aggressive move. Such a system would've been there anyway but prior to the outbreak of the war the strategic value of the naval base was quite low.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

Of course not. But he is the "face" of the system.

I should've said "the powers that be". My apologies for any confusion.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

Yeah right. It's been coming since WWII. Putin has domestic problems with the economy so he needs a distraction. Nothing like the evil US is there for a distraction!

The US is pretty much the boogeyman on that part of the map for a reason, probably due to their warmongering ways, invasions, getting rid of leaders and leaving countries far worse off than they were before they got involved.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
they should prepare in case the US once again decides to dropped Nuclear weapons on other nations, as history has shown. except this time the opposing nation has nukes of their own, so it wont be a one sided mass murder of innocent and infrastructure .

Really? Once again decide to drop nuclear weapons on other nations?

Better go back to history and figure that out, that is the weakest argument/statment I have read in many many months.

Quote from the source "Exercises such as these are held annually in Russia since 2012. It is timed to October 4, which is Civil Defense Day in Russia."

So..big deal?

I grew up in an age of nuclear threats from USSR. My school had drills weekly, we had to know where the fall-out shelters were located and how to acces them, we kept supplies of of food and water for such an 'event'. That was an exercise weekly. Involved over 160 million people.

How people forget history really is beyond me.

Nice try though.

MG

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Hardly an aggressive move. Such a system would've been there anyway but prior to the outbreak of the war the strategic value of the naval base was quite low.

It's the first time they have been taken outside Russia, so they didn't have anything like this until now.

It's a defence system, so sure it's not aggressive, but they must be expecting something.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join