It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that evolution is the only answer

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AshFan
Lately I've noticed my little girl being very jealous if she is not the center of attention. So much so that she lashes out just to get ANY attention, be it positive or negative. I hope she grows out of it.

That's sad for your little girl

Now how about trying to comprehend empirical evidence then offering some for your little faith

Lol, rofl, hahahaha, chortle, giggle,msniffle sneeze

Empire let evidence, that's what I want the center of attention to be, I want to see it

Off you go

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AshFan

I have heard rumours of these "Trainers" trainers of Demons! they will die also.
(Shooting starts soon for a 30 minute movie I'm making)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I was on the phone with my mom last night, and I was describing a behavior that I found both sad and hilarious, and she got offended thinking that I was talking about her. Even though she had no empirical evidence. Is it her ego that causes this insecurity, or just a lack of normal reasoning skills?

Oh well, topic for a different thread.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

I have heard rumours of these "Trainers" trainers of Demons! they will die also.
(Shooting starts soon for a 30 minute movie I'm making)

Well, don't take action until you have empirical evidence

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom423

originally posted by: Raggedyman

a reply to: coomba98

At least he provides opposing evidence and views.
Raggedyman doesn'tprovide anything.

The onus is not on me to provide anything, I am not saying I have evidence
The onus is on you
The onus is on science to provide empirical evidence

I still havnt seen any

All I hear is we have shown you, yet, I havnt seen any empirical evidence

So why not just show it to me, empirical evidence that is
Not assumption, real scientific evidence, not faith or belief, real science

I can go on and on and all you can do is ad hominem, let's keep playing

I just have to post asking for empirical evidence, that's all I will do

Talk is cheap, empirical evidence wins the flag, go get them my little students of science, get amongst it
Win the day, shut me up.
Get the empirical evidence

So am I to assume a face palm picture is empirical evidence, what I asked for
Or is it you trying to deflect answering my question for empirical evidence

Is that a white feather falling to the ground Phants
, a sign that you are running from true science, all you have to offer for empirical evidence

Your best shot is to hide behind the palm of your hand, to run and hide, the white feather

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

We should start a thread "Empirical evidence" put it in the joke section and have fun with it.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Empirical evidence, also known as sense experience, is the knowledge or source of knowledge acquired by means of the senses, particularly by observation and experimentation.[1] The term comes from the Greek word for experience, ἐμπειρία (empeiría). After Immanuel Kant, it is common in philosophy to call the knowledge thus gained a posteriori knowledge (in contrast to a priori knowledge).

Observe! I have the evidence because I have sense!

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I was on the phone with my mom last night, and I was describing a behavior that I found both sad and hilarious, and she got offended thinking that I was talking about her. Even though she had no empirical evidence. Is it her ego that causes this insecurity, or just a lack of normal reasoning skills?

Oh well, topic for a different thread.

So still no empirical evidence

Looking like a religion, tell your mom that evolution is your chosen faith, that you don't need science or don't understand how it works

She won't be shocked

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

We should start a thread "Empirical evidence" put it in the joke section and have fun with it.

I thought that is what we were doing.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: JackKcaj
Empirical evidence, also known as sense experience, is the knowledge or source of knowledge acquired by means of the senses, particularly by observation and experimentation.[1] The term comes from the Greek word for experience, ἐμπειρία (empeiría). After Immanuel Kant, it is common in philosophy to call the knowledge thus gained a posteriori knowledge (in contrast to a priori knowledge).

Observe! I have the evidence because I have sense!

So,we now know what it is, can we see it in relation to the pseudo science of evolution

That seems to be a challenge no one will take on, bit sad

It's a real scientific question, empirical evidence

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
learning.hccs.edu... -bynatural-selection
There we go lol.

link   
learning.hccs.edu... -bynatural-selection

Link doesn't work but takes you to this.
www.nature.com...
There we go lol.
edit on 5-10-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Do you need empirical evidence to challenge empirical evidence?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I thought that is what we were doing.

What you are doing ash is hiding from real science, you are practicing religion, the faith in evolution, the belief in the unproven

You can't offer empirical evidence lol, rofl, hahaha, chortle , snicker, because you don't have any
Haha, rofl, lol

Let's start a joke thread,
Ashes empirical evidence for evolution, it will be
"I believe"

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I don't really know if evolution is some kind of junk science or what, I mean, there is a lot of proof for it. Let me say rather, natural selection. If you don't like evolution, what alternative do you present, or what evidence do you present against it? I've read stuff like the "Journal of Creation", Creationist propaganda that proposes the world is only 6000 years old and they try to offer some arguments, all of which defy numerous branches of science that are well founded (geology, archaeology, astronomy, chemistry, etc.); So I'm not sure what the alternative is.

Perhaps we do not fully understand natural selection, that can be admitted, there are mysteries like Symbiosis, but all in all, it is the current best offered solution, in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Thing is he had never heard of It and Phage mentioned it and now he keeps on repeating it...I wish I had a quid for everytime I read Empirical evidence in his threads.
I bet he has a Tramp stamp saying it also

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

No just simple science, even you should be able to do,simple science

Well maybe not
Rofl, lol, haha

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: JackKcaj

Ask him many have many have asked him for empirical evidence of his views but alas to no avail he ignores hard questions.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: Phantom423

So you are STILL NOT going to offer any empirical evidence
I know you won't because you can't, science doesn't have any

You don't know science, scienc doesn't have any, go search empirical evidence for evolution, it doesn't exist
You lie, it's all you can do, lie
Phantom, there is no empirical evidence, there is none, that's a fact
If there was you would show it to me here and now
You, science have nothing, just faith and belief

Pull the trigger

Now please learn simple
I am not saying creation is science, there is no onus on me to prove it
I accept its a faith

Here's one out of hundreds of papers that includes EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE:

Evidence for recent, population-specific evolution of the human mutation rate
Kelley Harris1
Author Affiliations

Edited by Mark Stoneking, Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, Leipzig, Germany, and accepted by the Editorial Board February 6, 2015 (received for review September 26, 2014)

AbstractFull TextAuthors & InfoFiguresSIMetricsRelated ContentPDFPDF + SI
Significance

Most, but not all, human genetic variation is shared between populations, and whole-genome sequencing is now making it possible to catalogue population-private mutations that occur in only one ethnic group and are especially informative about recent human history. By contrasting frequencies of mutations private to Europe, Asia, and Africa, I have revealed a previously undetected difference between Europeans and other ethnic groups: Europeans experience higher rates of a specific mutation type that has known associations with UV light exposure. Although it is not clear whether the excess mutations are harmful or directly related to the UV sensitivity of light skin, this result demonstrates that the human mutation rate has evolved on a much faster timescale than previously believed.

Next Section
Abstract
As humans dispersed out of Africa they adapted to new environmental challenges, including changes in exposure to mutagenic solar radiation. Humans in temperate latitudes have acquired light skin that is relatively transparent to UV light, and some evidence suggests that their DNA damage response pathways have also experienced local adaptation. This raises the possibility that different populations have experienced different selective pressures affecting genome integrity. Here, I present evidence that the rate of a particular mutation type has recently increased in the European population, rising in frequency by 50% during the 40,000–80,000 y since Europeans began diverging from Asians. A comparison of SNPs private to Africa, Asia, and Europe in the 1000 Genomes data reveals that private European variation is enriched for the transition 5′-TCC-3′ → 5′-TTC-3′. Although it is not clear whether UV played a causal role in changing the European mutational spectrum, 5′-TCC-3′ → 5′-TTC-3′ is known to be the most common somatic mutation present in melanoma skin cancers, as well as the mutation most frequently induced in vitro by UV. Regardless of its causality, this change indicates that DNA replication fidelity has not remained stable even since the origin of modern humans and might have changed numerous times during our recent evolutionary history.

FULL TEXT INCLUDING METHODS AND MATERIALS: www.pnas.org...

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

a reply to: Raggedyman

Do you need empirical evidence to challenge empirical evidence?

It's funny how a lot of bible thumpers think that their faith is better than a faith that can be tested, and challenged freely. I say that because there were these Two Morman dudes walking around the block. And when I explained that they would never EVOLVE into space gods, and that they should be using their FREE WILL to experience NATURE and REALITY they just told me that I was living in a fantasy world and walked away shaking thier heads

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join