It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The quiz

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Alright ATSrs, how is your memory lately? Hollywood managed to erase all juicy records of true art in your brains already?

It's trying to do so with me, a rather sad news. 😢

So lets not give up the old creepy novels, silly fairy tales and horrific short stories.

I aim with this thread, to create a game. The rules are simple. One gives a hint, by the form of very unique phrase or word from old famous, of semi famous novel/story/poem/etc. The role of the ATS reader should be to guess from which work the hint words had been taken. It might be a name, place, or something else unique for the work, which is hard to be Googled. The quiz giver may also give a small additional hint in addition, if the phrase is too hard to guess.

If you are interested I will steal myself the opportunity for first puzzler here.

My question is where comes the word Zgromb from?
Additional hint: Sci-fi genre.

Let the
begin

edit on 4-10-2016 by Argentbenign because: mobile

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Argentbenign

No freaking clue. I even googled it and got nothing.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

where comes the word Zgromb from?

Morphy Planet, or Planet Morphy by Adrian Rogoz? I don't remember the exact name, my mom had the italian version of this when I was a kid...it was called Pianeta Morphy, if I'm not mistaken...never really got to read it, since I don't speak italian, but I remember this weird @$$ word.

It's my turn, I guess...this one is easy, just to get the game going:

Hispaniola

Not the San Domingo island.
edit on 4/10/2016 by Raven_Heart because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Raven_Heart Everybody remembers that word
Also the story behind is awesome. It is the name of hell strong beverage, used for drinking contests in the story. Hmmm... I do not have an idea where Hispaniola comes from, probably someone else will get it faster than me. Anyway I'll think about it, it sounds like woman's nickname...

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Sorry Raven, didn't know that one! Not one I had read, sadly
Looked it up because I couldn't just leave it at not knowing. Good choice, but not one I'd read.. here's one in that same vein..

Does The Rachel ring a bell for anyone? (classic)

How about Harmoniums? (sci-fi)

Great thread, OP-- hope it continues!

top topics

join