It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tabby's Star Just Got Even Stranger , again

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Its Goku powering down through his super saiyan forms.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Aliensun

I don't think a space ship would keep itself in between KIC 8462852 and Earth , both bodies are moving through space so it would have to be a purposeful act to keep position.
If it were a Dyson swarm the increase of units to the swarm over the years could fit the bill for the regular dimming but the increased dimming over the final 6 months is a head scratcher.

What if it actually is a ship and is using the star to hide behind while it travels, to keep from being followed or something? A ship capable of interstellar travel would surely have a way to map the stars and their trajectories...they might be able to maintain that position by using such methods to program their navigational systems to match that of the star.

They could be simply covering their six by traveling in front of the star, or they could be hiding from us, thinking either we wouldn't notice or wouldn't be able to discern what is causing the dimming. Of course the latter sounds kind of sinister...the only reason I can think they'd want to hide from us would be if they were up to no good.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I believe its a binary system with a brown dwarf.. The irregular data is what i believe a black hole moving in front of them both..

Just a theory from someone without a degree...

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

If you knew you were monitored by humans, would you say;" Heeey!!" Or would you think;" Aw, s#.. The monkeys are signaling "

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Has anyone considered that the light pattern received could be communication? Short yes, just a thought.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Posted to wrong thread *sigh
edit on 3-10-2016 by FamCore because: ugh

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

lol.....wrong thread? lol

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LightAssassin

yes... no wonder I couldn't find my comment on the Wikileaks thread lol

Tabby's Star is way more interesting anyway

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Since gortex has chosen to bring this topic of Tabby's Star to our attention again and inform us again of the consternations of the scientists as they break their pencils and crumble their pages of calculations in disgust at the failure of their pet theories, (I know, I know) I have chose to again thrust forth my solidly based scientific theory that an approaching space ship of some sort or another, perhaps a whole planet from that place, is hurling toward us at a fast clip. As it recedes from that place and approaches our place, it blocks more and more of the light coming to us from that star and we blame the star, not the interference. Thus, I have solved the need for the Dyson Sphere which is incredible more expensive and time-consuming to build than a decent interstellar spaceship don't you think?

Probably a more plausible theory than a Dyson Sphere.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

Since gortex has chosen to bring this topic of Tabby's Star to our attention again and inform us again of the consternations of the scientists as they break their pencils and crumble their pages of calculations in disgust at the failure of their pet theories, (I know, I know) I have chose to again thrust forth my solidly based scientific theory that an approaching space ship of some sort or another, perhaps a whole planet from that place, is hurling toward us at a fast clip. As it recedes from that place and approaches our place, it blocks more and more of the light coming to us from that star and we blame the star, not the interference. Thus, I have solved the need for the Dyson Sphere which is incredible more expensive and time-consuming to build than a decent interstellar spaceship don't you think?

That was exactly my point, and it doesn't involve perhaps the loss of thousands of Tabby's aliens that likely were working and fell off the hypothetical Dyson Shell and fell, after indeed a long fall, into Tabby--but I digress.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

That was exactly my point, and it doesn't involve perhaps the loss of thousands of Tabby's aliens that likely were working and fell off the hypothetical Dyson Shell and fell, after indeed a long fall, into Tabby--but I digress.

A massive alien spaceship is more plausible then a hypothetical technological theory, a theory that is more sound then an actual alien spacecraft neither of which we have 0 evidence on.

Yes that totally makes sense.

Or it could be a small problem such as slight vibrations on the Kepler craft causing erroneous data (example), a new theory that recently came out...

But that crazy simple theory of a slight fault with Kepler, or a belt of busted up space rocks, a cloud of dust, a massive impact in that solar system etc etc is way more less believable then a massive alien spaceship.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Aliensun

I don't think a space ship would keep itself in between KIC 8462852 and Earth , both bodies are moving through space so it would have to be a purposeful act to keep position.
If it were a Dyson swarm the increase of units to the swarm over the years could fit the bill for the regular dimming but the increased dimming over the final 6 months is a head scratcher.

What if it actually is a ship and is using the star to hide behind while it travels, to keep from being followed or something? A ship capable of interstellar travel would surely have a way to map the stars and their trajectories...they might be able to maintain that position by using such methods to program their navigational systems to match that of the star.

They could be simply covering their six by traveling in front of the star, or they could be hiding from us, thinking either we wouldn't notice or wouldn't be able to discern what is causing the dimming. Of course the latter sounds kind of sinister...the only reason I can think they'd want to hide from us would be if they were up to no good.

Doesn't seem to be such a bright idea, as we are seeing the dips. And then there is the issue that the spaceship would have to be either very large (like Jupiter size) or very close (but then there would be parallax effects due to Keplers orbit).

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Obsrvr
I think it's dust and gas.

Well, you might have gas too, if you swallowed 2% of a dwarf star.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   

My god...it's full of stars!

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Pesky space goats.

plausible.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: AshFan
The prevailing scientific knowledge on this, is that the star is shy, and Keplar spying on it is making it bashful.

Tabby's Star is 1,480 light years from Earth, therefore the light we are seeing today left the star in approximately 536 AD, a time well before Kepler. Tabby's Star could not possibly know that Kepler is spying on it these last few years. Therefore that hypothesis is proven invalid. Try again? (Y/N) __

Quantum super awareness duh. Spooky knowledge at a distance.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AshFan

Exactly ...Schrodinger's Star!

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven

It is pretty OBVIOUS a black hole is sitting there eating this star away. Hello...anyone home?

I was thinking something like this. Sounds like something is draining the star, and said draining has rapidly increased.

If it were a black hole, would we be able to detect it?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ
a reply to: AshFan

Exactly ...Schrodinger's Star!

Uh oh, you may have just started a Kepler-Schrodinger fight.

Who would you bet on? My money would go on the cat guy, the uncertainty in betting demands I do that.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Apparently KIC 8462852 has ANOTHER star within 1000 a.u. A M-type red dwarf. That's VERY close for a star. Could be a wide binary? They said the other star might disrupt the cloud around KIC and cause comets to enter closer. I think one of the popular explanations for the dips is comet breakup. There's still a problem of dust not being seen in IR, but it's still the best I've seen?

I was trying to find a name for the nearby star. I found one referencing it as E-companion.

One consistent thing I've seen as resolving this is time. With time we should be able to rule out some explanations and zero in on the most likely. This goes without saying, but I'm specifically referencing things like passing stars disrupting XYZ or maybe a swarm of comets which temporarily crossed paths with KIC's star light. And also we were able to eliminate a large planet as causing it because the dips are irregular--it required time.

See here:
arxiv.org - Photometric and astrometric vagaries of the enigma star KIC

That proposes these're interstellar comets which're crossing paths with the star light. It should be a temporary phenomenon. If it's something else then what we're seeing will remain and not go away. From the link, below:

We propose a different interpretation which is consistent with the ob served peculiarities of the Kepler data and other information about the star. We consider a large swarm of interstellar objects ranging in size from small comets to planetoids unrelated to the target star, traveling in the interstellar space, which happened to cross the line of site to t he target and, perhaps, its near neighbors on the sky. The irregularly spaced events are ex plained as randomly timed occultations from different parts of the swarm. Such free-trave ling swarms can be the remnants of catastrophic disintegration of a rich exoplanetary system or a s tar-formation episode in a depleted molecular cloud. The interstellar Na D absorption lines detec ted by Boyajian et al. (2016) are likely to be related to the foreground cloud. The existen ce of interstellar comets has been suspected for some time but no direct evidence has yet be en found. Alternatively, a swarm of comets orbiting another foreground star which accident ally happened to be close to the target star in the sky projection (an optical pair) can also be c onsidered.

edit on 10/4/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join