It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump the Heretic

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: introvert

I don't recall in recent memory any supporters being violently harassed and threatened for which candidate they support. Is it true of Clinton supporters as well?

That is not a product of Trump valiantly speaking truths that go against the establishment or accepted "dogma". That is a direct result of him lacking the "temperament" and skill set to bring issues to the forefront of the public debate without pissing-off and threatening entire sections of society.

As I stated, if you want someone good at acting and posey, whose robotic and flaccid delivery can satiate the most timid among us, you have a good choice in the other candidate.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: LesMisanthrope
I know right? Every time I see you talk you bitch about how people see Trump because of the words he says.

It's not the words he says it's the misrepresentation of his words that drive us nuts!

Trump says:
"Some illegal immigrants are prone to rape because they actually come from a real rape culture".

You hear:
"All Mexicans are disgusting rapists!"

Again. Y'all do it to Hillary all the time too. Pretending like Trump is a sole victim of this practice is just stupid, biased, and not worth putting in a serious conversation. Trump brings most of this stuff on himself. Is he the victim of media sensationalism? Sure. But if he watched his words a bit better then it wouldn't happen to him so often.

Trump digs his own grave. Blaming the media for his stupid words just shows how you guys can't ever look critically at what Trump does. This thread is an example of that. It's NEVER Trump's fault. It's always the media or Hillary or Hillary supporters. Psh. Yeah right. This is why I don't take any of these discussions seriously anymore and why I said what I've said so far in this thread.

+9 more 
link   
I don't like him for president because he speaks like a 4th-grade dropout and brags that he never reads books. Your mileage may vary, obviously.

link   

originally posted by: kruphix

a reply to: kruphix

And I don't trust in your judgement of character.

You don't have to trust in my judgment of character.

But the majority seems to have the same judgement as I do...so maybe your admiration of the man is blinding you.

A majority once believed the universe revolved around the earth. Appeals to the populace are not my business.
edit on 3-10-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

a reply to: kruphix

And I don't trust in your judgement of character.

You don't have to trust in my judgment of character.

But the majority seems to have the same judgement as I do...so maybe your admiration of the man is blinding you.

A majority once believed the universe revolved around the earth. Appeals to the populace are not my business.

How the universe behaves in relation to the Earth can be demonstrated and proved with objective data and experimentation. What Kruphix alluded to was an opinion about someone's character based on watching the person act. Something that isn't provable and ENTIRELY subjective. Try to learn the difference because you just compared apples to oranges in your misunderstanding of science.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I don't recall in recent memory any supporters being violently harassed and threatened for which candidate they support. Is it true of Clinton supporters as well?

That is not a product of Trump valiantly speaking truths that go against the establishment or accepted "dogma". That is a direct result of him lacking the "temperament" and skill set to bring issues to the forefront of the public debate without pissing-off and threatening entire sections of society.

As I stated, if you want someone good at acting and posey, whose robotic and flaccid delivery can satiate the most timid among us, you have a good choice in the other candidate.

Ok, sure, but aren't you just making judgments based on how you perceive her "temperament" to be? Aren't you doing exactly what you described in the OP that others were doing to Trump?

And isn't the topic about Trump being called a heretic because of such things?

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I know right? Every time I see you talk you bitch about how people see Trump because of the words he says.

Well apparently the OP thinks what one says on the Internet with words typed is completely different to saying them with your vocal chords.

Not only do we have to ignore the text trump regurgitates,we have to do the same with the garbage gushing from his mouth

We should also ignore that the OP admires trolls,has authored threads on trolling and it is blatantly obvious Trump is his troll king

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I prefer looking at her political career and experience.

+28 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
After watching Trumps debate and then late night twitter melt down can anybody really say Trump should be in office? I mean really. Ignore the facts he has more scandals in week than Clinton has in her career, ignore the stupid wall nonsense, his complete ignorance of foreign affairs, his sloppy and often illegal business practices, his lack of charity, his sex scandals, his failure to pay people that have done jobs for him, his ties to and love of Russia, his poor choices in staffing his campaign, his long history of disrespecting women, his treatment of minorities, his lack of paying taxes, his hiring of illegals, his charity paying for portraits and legal fees, his bashing of several amendments of the Constitution, his not stop lies, his flip flopping on issues sometimes in the same day, his debts to China, his crazy ideas on nuclear weapons, his using people campaign donations to pay his own businesses, his inability to control what he says, his disrespect of the military, his draft dodging, his crazy idea knows more than everybody else about anything, his nutty ideas that he can cut taxes and increase spending and that is will some how works itself out, that the vast majority of national security experts from both parties have come out against Trump, the no major newspaper has endorsed Trump breaking some papers hundred year runs of endorsing Republicans, all that creepy stuff with his daughter, that economist do not support him, that he has large amounts of debt to big banks, that he just makes stuff up and then denies he ever said it, that he is endorsed by KKK for embracing their values, that thinks the military will follow illegal orders, that he runs scams like Trump University, that he was sued by Justice Department for refusing to rent to blacks, that everything he says Clinton did wrong he also supported at the time, that he has ties organized crime, that he re-tweets stuff from neo nazi websites, that global opinion of him is at record lows, that he thinks anybody who is not rich is a loser etc.

Forget all that. Just the fact that the man becomes so unhinged when faced with public criticism that the GOP has to have 24 hour Trump sitters and makes him read from scripts because he can not be trusted to act on his own. That something as simple as a Miss Universe contestant he insulted could send him into a late melt down on twitter. How can anybody support a man his own campaign and party do not trust to act on his own because he can completely become unhinged at anytime. Beyond all the scandals, racism, sexism, vanity and stupidity stands a man who can not be trusted to even give a speech on his own. Just keep that in mind.
edit on 3-10-2016 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

There are rules about attacking the ball and not the player, but such fallacy always works well to expose the emotional and rage-induced among us.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Trump - 2016

"Why not?"

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
What really pisses me off about your post is that Dr. Ron Paul's name could be substituted for Trumps and the post would still be true. I know that Dr. Paul didn't get the nomination and I implicitly blame the MSM.

Low information voters, CTR and other mouthpieces for Hillary will tell you the sun rises and sets on Hillary's ass, that everything the main stream media says or writes about how great and wonderful Hillary is, is above truthfulness and no one can even compete with Hillary Clinton, so, how DARE Trump to even try??!! Bull. Sh!t.

SMH at how anyone can believe the MSM's propaganda about Hillary and how the MSM will drop and/or forget anything bad that Hillary has ever done and still there it is...

Stars and Flag for you, Kind Sir!
edit on 3-10-2016 by NightFlight because: you wouldn't believe it if I told you...

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Trump the Heretic

have all compared Trump to the drunk uncle at a wedding party.

I don’t know about you but I would much rather sit at a table with a drunk uncle than spend a minute in tedious conversation with a group of pearl-clutching finger-waggers. Loosen your tie for God’s sake!

In short, he is not the "fun" drunk uncle at the wedding party, but rather the one that you tell your children to stay away from and who freely comments on his daughters body and jokes about how he would be dating her if he was not her father. Entertaining to watch at a distance, but no one you would leave your children with, much less elect President.

You seem to be arguing the virtue of heretics? Heretics of days past included both innocent men and women burned at the stake for not adhering to religious norms...
Trump himself is employing very fierce and sometimes violent rhetoric of intolerance whether it be religious or ethnic.
He would be the one demanding the pyre to be built.

Heretics also included invading barbarians who burned villages to the ground, raped women and murdered children.

Would you agree that simply not adhering to social or political norms is not sufficient qualifications for President? Pedophiles and Serial Killers also choose not to adhere to norms. So "heretical" by itself would seem an odd thing to argue as virtuous.

...this is the important question I have for you...what standards do you employ whilst evaluating someone's competency to serve as President of the United States of America?
edit on 3-10-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

In other Words , you mean ..Stone Him ! Stone Him Now !. Let He who is Without Sin Cast the First Stone.........
edit on 3-10-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Did you consider her career and experience when you said this?

It appears you are judging on temperament as well.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Did you consider her career and experience when you said this?

It appears you are judging on temperament as well.

Look, clearly he get's an A in word selection. That's what this is really about.
It's like reading silk!

edit on 3-10-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Politics is like theatre. From my own tastes, the better actor is rarely the better human being.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

what standards do you employ whilst evaluating someone's competency to serve as President of the United States of America?

Personally I think nearly a half-century of leadership experience is a sign of competency.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

Look, clearly he get's an A in word selection. That's what this is really about.
It's like reading silk!

You may have hit the mark closer than one might assume. I think the OP's opposition is motivated significantly by how well-spoken he/she is.

Concise, fluid articulation by people who haven't been indoctrinated into their bulls# political cult infuriates them.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

After watching Trumps debate and then late night twitter melt down can anybody really say Trump should be in office? I mean really. Ignore the facts he has more scandals in week than Clinton has in her career, ignore the stupid wall nonsense, his complete ignorance of foreign affairs, his sloppy and often illegal business practices, his lack of charity, his sex scandals, his failure to pay people that have done jobs for him, his ties to and love of Russia, his poor choices in staffing his campaign, his long history of disrespecting women, his treatment of minorities, his lack of paying taxes, his hiring of illegals, his charity paying for portraits and legal fees, his bashing of several amendments of the Constitution, his not stop lies, his flip flopping on issues sometimes in the same day, his debts to China, his crazy ideas on nuclear weapons, his using people campaign donations to pay his own businesses, his inability to control what he says, his disrespect of the military, his draft dodging, his crazy idea knows more than everybody else about anything, his nutty ideas that he can cut taxes and increase spending and that is will some how works itself out, that the vast majority of national security experts from both parties have come out against Trump, the no major newspaper has endorsed Trump breaking some papers hundred year runs of endorsing Republicans, all that creepy stuff with his daughter, that economist do not support him, that he has large amounts of debt to big banks, that he just makes stuff up and then denies he ever said it, that he is endorsed by KKK for embracing their values, that thinks the military will follow illegal orders, that he runs scams like Trump University, that he was sued by Justice Department for refusing to rent to blacks, that everything he says Clinton did wrong he also supported at the time, that he has ties organized crime, that he re-tweets stuff from neo nazi websites, that global opinion of him is at record lows, that he thinks anybody who is not rich is a loser etc.

All of these one-sided arguments, where the reasonings supporting them are accepted, but those that oppose them are flat out denied. This is a typical ploy, and seems to work wonders, but is still irrational.

unhinged

Another anti-Trump buzzword that leaks from the propaganda and happens to find itself in the mouths of those who purvey it. Clear sign someone else is doing the thinking.
edit on 3-10-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join