It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump the Heretic

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I didn’t mean you personally, and I apologize for that, but thanks for the life story. Nonetheless, your self-promotion is no different than Trump’s.

Trump, however, doesn’t resort to moral posturing, which is itself immoral. I don’t respect—I suspect—anyone who claims moral superiority over others. This is the very same sanctimony the inquisitors of all ages have used to justify hatred towards others.

Let’s pour through all our lives and indiscretions with the scrutiny of a gutter press for decades on end, and see if our claims to moral purity really live up to our claims.

He has books about his failures, and the press has been right there scrutinizing every detail of his life since the 80s. Trump’s paid more taxes than thousands of us combined. His real estate empire is world-renowned. He employs tens of thousands people.

No, Trump cannot say the same, and frankly, I’m not sure why he’d want to.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Any story who's by line is

Editor’s note: Donald Trump regularly incites political violence and is a serial liar, rampant xenophobe, racist, misogynist and birther who has repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims — 1.6 billion members of an entire religion — from entering the U.S.

is a hit piece.

So, if he would have simply invested the money in the stock market he 'might have' made more money. If he would have invested better in the housing market he would be more rich?

There is nothing in that article and he did not inherit 200 million. He inherited a portion when his dad died split among siblings. The MSM left however cannot find the exact total so they simply say 200 million.

Investigate anything the HuffPo puts up. 20 of their 25 lead articles are anti Trump. How about some news about Hillary?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
So, if he would have simply invested the money in the stock market he 'might have' made more money. If he would have invested better in the housing market he would be more rich?

Trump has done less with his fortune than his peers with similar fortunes did over the same time. In terms of ability to grow wealth he is the least successful millionaire or billionaire over the past 50 years. Just take what he's done with a billion. In the same time it's taken him to increase it from 1 billion to 8 billion (using his own personal generous estimates) his peers were able to go from 1 to 20 or more. In fact, as a percentage going from 20,000 in 1975 to 1 million today (which many people have done) is the same growth as going from 160 million to 8 billion in the same time frame, but Trump started from an even higher place than that.

All indications are that he's not really all that good. He started with a lot of money, but he's grown that at a slower rate than most others... and that's after going to an elite school where he was supposedly learning this exact stuff.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I'm 53 yrs old. If I had one or two wishes, I would like for one of those wishes...to be that all the younger voter's out there in the great ole USA to do some research on the Clinton's, from their time in Arkansas, from the time Bill was prez...and what the definition of is...is? That's a real winner .....!!!!! to his lady friends...then take a good look at Hillary. ..and her great job in benghazi and the job while she held that office....and then have stuff bieng destroyed after being subpoenaed. ...and really think is this what I want....please all those who wasn't around yet... during the early years do some digging. ...then make up your mind...don't take my word...I'm still trying to figure out a president saying. ..it depends on the definition of what is, is...befor I can answer that.... I could go on forever, but it doesn't take too much surfing the ole Internet. .to see or read for yourself. ...

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: THEREDUNDANT1

Wait a second. If you had 2 wishes, that's how you'd spend one of the wishes? Not on curing world hunger, creating world peace, making all Homo Sapiens immune to all forms of cancer and deadly diseases, giving yourself control of ___, creating infinite wealth, immortality with invulnerability, the ability to understand all things, the power of unlimited creation, etc?

Instead, you'd seriously spend one wish to make people within a certain age range do a lot of google searches on the Clinton family? Why not just wish for mind control or some high level telepathy? Then you could just project that information into everyone's mind, regardless of their age, and then do a buttload of other things with the same power?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

With my second wish, I would wish for a few hundred more wishes , so I could do some of those things of which you speak of....

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

TlDR:

So unless it's your flavour of "Climate Propaganda" you tldr.
Why bother even coming to the water, let alone dip your toes?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

In their gnashing and vitriol they fail to see the noose tightening around them...really makes me wonder about the sanity of some...

The only entity his opinions would be genuinely heretical to, would be Corporate Globalism, which is positioning itself above national sovereignties. This new idealism embraces the taxation of the world through global warming initiatives, seeks disarmed citizenry globally, wants open borders and cheap labor of the third world nations, presses to destabilize sovereignties through forced immigration by tolerating the mass genocide in Syria. The Nations are too weak and dependent for their alliances to act where moral obligation demands it. So we see Ukraine get divided, Syria fall into civil war, Islamic State rise with it's barbaric human atrocities, terror sweeping across the free world.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Well, do we need to tear apart that cesspool called the "Clinton Foundation" to see it for what it truly is?
How can you even compare business bankruptcies with outright theft?

you might start here...

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: THEREDUNDANT1
a reply to: enlightenedservant

With my second wish, I would wish for a few hundred more wishes , so I could do some of those things of which you speak of....

Hey, that's cheating!

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Trump may have succeeded more than I, I won't speak for anyone else, but his failures certainly outweigh mine a thousand-fold.

But what you clearly forget to mention is the body count behind the Clintons....

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Third, from all the evidence, Mr. Trump has committed as many or more crimes than Mrs. Clinton has even been accused of. So if we're going to restore belief in the American system of justice, I guess Mr. T needs to turn himself in.

What you clearly don't get is the "minor" difference between "crime" "dead bodies" "suicided" as opposed to Trumps bankruptcies

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

But those same tax breaks are available to all - or don't you believe in equality. Your objecting to the fact that he makes more money than you. Do you also deny that you have ever used an accountant to "help with your taxes". What sort of world do you live in?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

you said this

In the US our "leader" (i.e. the President) doesn't determine what goes into bills and what doesn't (to this extent) ... he doesn't understand basic separation of powers.

and then..

have quite simply seen NOTHING in any recent decision-making evidenced by him that suggests he could run a small town effectively, much less, the United States of America.

Obviously you know how America is run...NOT

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Free lunch crowd? Like Trump?.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Those options are open to all - ever hear of "work"

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

So your gripe is that you prefer to work with a shovel than a pen. When you say you have not made money off others you deny that you sold your labour for cash?

see because here you describe how the "capitalist" has provided you with the tools for you to earn an "honest living"

or using tools and machinery in a precision industry, for my whole adult life. I have never once made money from the efforts of others,

Houses and rental properties are also built by "sweat workers" as a form of investment. What is your real objection?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

So with the benefit of "Fortune Magazines" hindsight he failed to turn it into $20 Bill. OK.
Can you or the writers of that article claim to have turned your "x" assets into a fortune either?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: THEREDUNDANT1

I've taken all of that into account. Despite the fact that I like to criticize Trump because I really don't like him, I'm undecided. What I've concluded is that I can't base my vote on policy because neither Hillary or Trump has offered something sane. I can't base it on character because both have horrible character. I can't base it on experience because Trump's been relatively unsuccessful in the private sector, and Hillary has also screwed up whatever she's touched.

I'm still looking for something distinctive between the two.

The problem is, you look at all those problems with Hillary and think that means Trump is a shoe in. I don't think you understand just what a joke of a candidate Trump is. The fact that this shouldn't be a competition, but it is just shows how flawed they both are because if either had a single redeeming quality they would run away with this election.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
So with the benefit of "Fortune Magazines" hindsight he failed to turn it into $20 Bill. OK.
Can you or the writers of that article claim to have turned your "x" assets into a fortune either?

It's not about the value, it's about the percentage change. What were your assets when you were 20 years old, what are they now? How much were you able to grow it by?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join