It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Would We Kneel During the National Anthem? (And the Missed Warning.)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
It is to note that something has gone awry in our national ideals. Like when a flag is at half mast. Something is wrong and we should do something to point it out until it is fixed.

It doesn't mean we don't love our country. Quite the contrary. We love it enough that we do something physical to show it.

How often in your daily life (unless you are active military or reserve) is it that you do something to show you love your country? I am guessing 0.
Having a flag on your house does not count as 1. Too easy.

You must do something that shows you understand American ideals. These are rooted in protest and things some might say 'occupy wallstreet' did.

Oddly, some may say 'occupy movements' were a dirty public nuisance started by kids that have no idea of what the are doing.

If you are one of those......SHAME!

We have all arrived at the same place.

Some slept in the streets in sun and in rain and snow to stop it. They were demonized.

Here we are.

You can't say that you were not warned.

edit on 3-10-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

So what are we going to do about all the inner city black on black violent crime?

I see no one kneeling in protest over that far more influential problem within their communities.

edit on 3-10-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   

It is to note that something has gone awry in our national ideals. Like when a flag is at half mast. Something is wrong and we should do something to point it out until it is fixed.

I thought the original take a knee and or sit out the anthem was about police brutality against blacks?

Twitter

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Showing any national Pride in the UK is a massive no no, the regressive left have made the nations Flag (Union jack) socially unacceptable to fly as they have linked any showing of national pride to be neo nazi, facist etc etc.. In some towns it has more or less be outlawed to fly the nations flag with councils requesting removal siting racial hatred. (Indeed it is hatred towards the local native population that is)

But then is that not the idea in the first place to make people afraid to be patriotic to help the agenda of creating a cultural soup from mass migration??.. Maybe, maybe not but the two seem very well aligned.

The U.S. of A is only a few steps behind Europe now, I see the changing times.. In another 10-15 years it may well also be unacceptable to show patriotism, esp when the mass uncontrolled migration starts in the coming few years and of course it is the feelings of the people coming to the country that count not the natives that created it... I fear the agenda will be pushed by the absolute guilt the country feels towards minority's, it's all part of the same puzzle..

RA
edit on 3-10-2016 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2016 by slider1982 because: Sp

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982
Showing any national Pride in the UK is a massive no no, the regressive left have made the nations Flag (Union jack) socially unacceptable to fly as they have linked any showing of national pride to be neo nazi, facist etc etc.. In some towns it has more or less be outlawed to fly the nations flag with councils requesting removal siting racial hatred. (Indeed it is hatred towards the local native population that is)

That's not the best atmosphere over there since the large influx of migrants. Sadly it seems like your slowly but surely losing your identity as a nation. Hopefully Brexit will help that somewhat but I could understand why Thatcher and Churchill would roll over in their graves if they realized what it's become.
edit on 3-10-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

If you want a return of American ideals, then maybe there should be a return to the lawful and proper way of simply displaying our flag for instance.

Since you brought up the half mast display, according to the Flag Code, it's not being displayed correctly, or at the very least, no authority is given to display our flag (for every single f#ing tragedy that comes along) at half mast.

Every time more than one person dies in one spot, our flag goes half way down the pole.
You see it mostly at fast food restaurant chains. (Why they have a flag in the first place in curiously insulting.) The president doesn't declare it to be displayed that way, they just do it to garner appreciation towards their products.

This example alone is why folks aren't as patriotic as they could be because its trivialized and common.

Improperly Flying the Flag at half mast is simply a propaganda tool to get people to ask and wonder "who died?". It maintains a narrative/agenda, and it's disgusting that our flag be used in such a manner.

From the website:

"FLYING THE FLAG AT HALF-STAFF: The pertinent section of the Flag Code says, "by order of the President, the flag shall be flown at half-staff upon the death of principal figures of the United States Government and the Governor of a State, territory, or possesion, as a mark of respect to their memory. In the event of the death of other officials or foreign dignitaries, the flag is to be displayed at half-staff according to Presidential orders, or in accordance with recognized customs or practices not inconsistent with law."
www.usflag.org...

Sure, there's a "good faith misunderstanding" clause, but it is important to do things right, not what just feels right.

Look at ALLLLL the patriotism that lasted maybe all of 2 months after 9/11. Bumper stickers, flags, shirts, and actually a general sense of unity amongst the citizenry, albeit very temporary however.

GONE.

Why do you think the slogan "NEVER FORGET" was implemented... some think tank probably thought the same thing but was looking to extend the event, if not the patriotism, in the minds of the populace. But that's a another subject entirely...

If tragedy and horror is the only thing that brings us close together as a nation, you really got your work cut out for you to think that type of "programming" can be overhauled any time soon.
Folks are obviously primed to react a certain way to certain things. A new sense of civic duty isn't going to change that.

edit on E31America/ChicagoMon, 03 Oct 2016 05:02:57 -050010amMondayrd05am by EternalShadow because: add

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Its a shame that its come to that - Having to outlaw your own flag, because a group from another country decided to move to your home, then abused their gift of free speech. I really wish they would practice what they preach in their own home lands - When it comes to politics like this.
I could just imagine the outcome if someone from a 3rd world country took stand and said they feel offended by their country's flag.
Something tells me it wouldn't end well for them.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

I see no one kneeling in protest over that far more influential problem within their communities.

This is an old, tired, debunked stance that some people cling to simply because they want to. When arguments and proof are presented you close your eyes and plug your ears. You make a deliberate choice to maintain your image of 'animals' running wild in the street shooting, beating and robbing each other.

Why do you do this?

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

That is a giant load of doo-doo.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

So what are we going to do about all the inner city black on black violent crime?

This amounts to victim blaming. Its not like black folks are of a hive mentality.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

That is a giant load of doo-doo.

Yes it is.

No flag has been outlawed in Britain.

This guy often speaks on British politics all the way from Indonesia or wherever he is.
Often doo-doo.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Oddly, some may say 'occupy movements' were a dirty public nuisance started by kids that have no idea of what the are doing

And they would be right.

You can't say that you were not warned.

Warned about WHAT ?

The fact we live in an idiocracy where the 'news' makes political movements.

And they ALL come and go, and are a dime a dozen.

For the record people.

That flower power,hippy generation. Running around saying 'peace, and love' screaming damn the man ?

Are the man in 2016.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

Hmmm....Well the word "crime" kind of answers your question.

The African American community and everyone else already understand that "violent crime" is a serious issue. It is why it is referred to as "violent crime". Violent Crime has legal consequences, social awareness and by it's definition is fully recognized as an issue.

Now..."Law Enforcement Officers" being tasked with protecting it's citizens from "violent crime" and upholding the peace...arriving in African American communities with the assumption that everyone is a threat and a violent criminal and thus shooting unarmed African Americans on a weekly? Monthly basis? The people you call for help being the ones that show up shooting? That is an issue that needs some thought invested and solutions proposed.

People that live in high-crime areas need well trained and trust-worthy police the most...and too often what they get is reckless, knee-jerk gunplay and death.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

That flower power,hippy generation. Running around saying 'peace, and love' screaming damn the man ?

Are the man in 2016.

Indeed they are.

Still keeping pot illegal. Still waging war. Burning down compounds and killing their inhabitants. Everything they railed against, they became.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

A better question: Why does anyone care who kneels during the anthem and what their personal reasons for doing so are? I've tried to understand this issue, but I just can't bring myself to give a tinker's damn about Kaepernick kneeling during the anthem... if he wants to draw attention to himself, so be it. For this to be a major news issue and story it requires people to become fussed one way or the other, no fuss = no story = media fail. I wish the folks getting flustered about this would recognize that simple fact and just go about their business, ignoring the whole fiasco.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I disagree.

Everyone assumes that all people from teens to mid twenties were hippies in the late 60's. While people toyed with the outskirts of the actual movement, few actually were actively in the movement. Most just continued on with school and followed the plans their parents had set out for them.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
slider1982 :

Showing any national Pride in the UK is a massive no no...

Is that true, Slider? What about the referendum result? If that was not a retort to the stealing by stealth of national sovereignty, I don't know what else it could be?

Flags are symbols. Pride in one's country is not to be found in a flag, it is to be found in what you do for your country to retain it as your country. In this respect, I state it to mean respecting the core values of one's country, and ensuring that no matter how one's country progresses over time, the core values remain the same. So flags have their appropriate times, but they should not be the only option for displaying pride for one's nation.

I love Britain, and I love the people of Britain. I consider everyone of them my brother and sister, even those I find myself in ideological disagreement, all 16 million of them. To make your country great, you have to care for your countrymen and women, no matter what their ethnicity. In doing that, flags (particularly) do not represent the care for one another...the soldiers' uniform does, because those of our countrymen and women who wear it are putting their lives on the line for us when called upon. On that issue, there cannot be a greater demonstration of love for one's countrymen and women.

Those of us who do not wear the soldiers' uniform, can demonstrate our love and our pride in ensuring that our country remains worth fighting for if imperilled. We do this by ensuring politicians are checked and balanced all way. That our government governs for the people of the country, and not some corporate ideology. We ensure that when our magnificent armed forces are called upon to defend us, we ask that they do so for justified moral reasons that are right, and that we do not ask them to go into a conflict for the convenience of corporate agendas.

We, who think we are powerless, have a lot of work to do, and a lot of bridges to build between the various ethnicities that make up our country. I think it is the same for other countries.
edit on 3/10/16 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I disagree.

Everyone assumes that all people from teens to mid twenties were hippies in the late 60's. While people toyed with the outskirts of the actual movement, few actually were actively in the movement. Most just continued on with school and followed the plans their parents had set out for them.

If you were in college in the 60s, you likely helped shape the world we are in today.

And if you were in college in the 60's, you were exposed to ground zero of the "counter culture" movement.

Not that everyone embraced it....

And if you actually go door to door and poll people, you will find:

- enormous public support for legalization
- enormous public displeasure with stuff like Ruby Ridge and Waco
- enormous public displeasure with our wars and their effect

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

This is an old, tired, debunked stance that some people cling to simply because they want to. When arguments and proof are presented you close your eyes and plug your ears. You make a deliberate choice to maintain your image of 'animals' running wild in the street shooting, beating and robbing each other.

Why do you do this?

Well...I live near Milwaukee and I will usually tune into the local evening news. On nearly any given evening on the newscast there are multiple shootings being reported and guess what? 95% of the time it's black on black crime. I'm sorry but I just don't see anywhere near as many news stories detailing white on white violent crime. We just had a guy sentenced recently who shot up the wrong house killing a 5 year old girl who was sitting on her grandfathers lap on the couch in their living room. The three scumbags involved were black but in this case the victim wasn't.

5 year old Laylah Petersen

I don't need to "maintain an image of 'animals' running wild in the street shooting, beating and robbing each other" when Chicago alone provides all the proof needed to for anyone to realize this is a big problem. It's bad enough I avoid Milwaukee as much as possible and only head into the city if I absolutely have to rather than possibly being caught in the crossfire of some 2 bit gangland style shoot-em-up.

That's why I do it.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

No need to have that image of animals in the street....you have the broad brush to stand in for you.

Why are "black people" killing each other? I know why....and its a pretty obvious problem with a not so simple solution.

At the end of the day, its human behavior. And human behavior is both predictable and controllable.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join