It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westworld on HBO

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I love Ford's evil genius, he is so unapologetic about it.

Yeah they did an awesome job with creating his character and casting Anthony Hopkins. I really wasn't a huge fan of Anthony Hopkins before or perhaps I never paid as much attention to one of his characters before. but he is amazing with this role.

Warning spoiler alert if you didn't see episode 7:

That scene in episode 7 when they fire Bernard and Anthony Hopkins was just standing there and didn't even say a word . but just his look and stare around the room was incredible feat as an actor. At that point I saw what many people say about his acting abilities, the guy is just freakin awesome as an actor.

Still waiting to see if there is something with White Hat and Man in Black.

Still on the line on that one, but I can see how it makes sense. Although why would he have mistreated Dolores later on . I go back in forth on him being the white hat guy or his to be brother inlaw.

edit on 221130America/ChicagoMon, 28 Nov 2016 22:22:55 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
Still on the line on that one, but I can see how it makes sense. Although why would he have mistreated Dolores later on . I go back in forth on him being the white hat guy or his to be brother inlaw.

Maybe that is how he deals with his misplaced affection for her, be dehumanizing her.

He does state he is married with a child so the wedding would have taken place despite his relationship with Delores.

Hopefully we find out more next week in the finale.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Ohman I'm watching S01E09 right now, almost half way in, and this episode is already certainly one of the best tv show episodes I've seen. I'm already calling this one. Bam bam bam bam all these different storylines coming to head and all of them being POWERFUL, and yet the episode itself is far from the climax.....

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Loving this show. Asimov's rules gone to Hell. Not so strange when humans create artificial life in their own image...it cant be trusted.

I made a couple of fan-edits, one for the Man in Black, and one for William.
Around an episode length with their scenes put together.
Ed Harris just blows me away on this show.
Not to say Anthony Hopkins doesnt.

Westworld - Man in Black - Fan Edit Episode

Westworld - William - Fan Edit Episode

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jungian
Loving this show. Asimov's rules gone to Hell. Not so strange when humans create artificial life in their own image...it cant be trusted.

I made a couple of fan-edits, one for the Man in Black, and one for William.
Around an episode length with their scenes put together.
Ed Harris just blows me away on this show.
Not to say Anthony Hopkins doesnt.

Westworld - Man in Black - Fan Edit Episode

Westworld - William - Fan Edit Episode

Added Teddy to that list. Will clean up and finish all 3 when Episode 10 is over.

Westworld - Teddy - Supercut - Fanedit

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Anyone who likes Westworld will love Humans a uk television show about A.I robots and the story line is very close

www.channel4.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
What a series! Supposed to be another 4 seasons cant wait!

-SPOILERS-

Not quite sure where they have to go from the finalie, but I do predict that what Ford was doing in the basement was creating clones of the board members to 'replace' them. And that the 'Ford' that was 'killed' was a 'clone' of himself.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
And that the 'Ford' that was 'killed' was a 'clone' of himself.

I was thinking the same thing. We will know shortly when casting is announced for season 2.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
They got Anthony Hopkins out from acting retirement for Westworld, purely because Dr Ford would be the best send off character Hopkins could ever get. Now Hannibal is forgotten. And Hopkins is forever rememberd, and new faces who dont know him have a lot of movies to check out.

Hopkins wont be back for season 2.

Ed Harris has confirmed season 2 though, he has a part in it.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
***SPOILER***

I hated the loopy timeline plot device they used to reveal everything with:
-the man in black was William loop
-Bernard was Arnold loop
-Arnold's ambition or "dream" became Ford's "dream" loop
-the hosts' dream loops were really all about Bernard's/Arnold's/Ford's ambition/dream loop
-the Arnold of the maze loop (the hosts' innervoice / loops for everyone) was really their subconscious or innerself using the memories of horrific events (the maze event/dream loop) to awaken their self-consciousnesses and fulfill the ambition/dream loop
-and I think the entire story was even a loop, like the characters' daily loops, in order to awaken us (the audience) to the plot device loop (gone loopy)
-and more that I am sure I missed
-etc.

Feedback loops are chaos and chaos makes you a real boy...

I mean...

it was just damn turtles loops all the way down!

They should have split the old timeline into a first season about the reveal of the maze (William discovers Delores / Delores hears the voice or discovers the maze / they discover there is more to life/ old timeline), and then ended it in a second season with Delores and William solving the maze / finding their purpose in life / present day timeline.

/rant

I loved the rest of it, though - can't wait for season 2. lol
edit on 12/5/2016 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The show was #ing awesome. Cant wait for season 2.
Occams Razor:

William coming back to Sweetwater made me think of Fords speech in epi2:

edit on 16-12-2016 by Jungian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Anthony Hopkins interview

Fantastic interview with one of the greatest actors of our time.

Michelangelo would take bodies out of the graves, dissect them, and he understood — the guy was a god-like genius. But his message to the world, if there was a message there, was that God, the divine, is right here in the pineal gland. All human creativity comes out of that.

But we couldn’t cope with it even though it’s obviously there. It’s like a conspiracy theory, but we are the ones who are actually producing [the voice of our own conscious inspiration]. It’s like the nature of a conspiracy. That is it inconceivable Lee Harvey Oswald is the lone killer of JFK, so it must be somebody else. You cannot accept that as a reality — that you can be taken out so easily.

So we must develop this conspiracy. And maybe they’re right, I don’t know. But I think that the conspiracy is there must be a god, there must be something beyond us. The human animal developed so rapidly, the brain became so explosively evolved as soon as we stepped out the jungle and started reaching for the trees, that the mighty explosion of our consciousness was already created in us as a guide, as a higher power. And maybe that’s where God came from. The instinct to worship. Because we kill in the name of god.

edit on 26-12-2016 by Jungian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join