It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bombshell: Over 1,000 Illegal Voters in Eight Virginia Localities

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
A "bombshell" from Lifezette.
That's gold.

1000, eh?
That's sure to win you an election.

Illegal is illegal...unless, of course, you don't care about the laws in our country. The progressive left is a bunch of criminals for supporting illegal voting and the notion that proving who you are (eg. providing ID) disenfranchises anyone is absurd. If you can't provide valid ID...you shouldn't be allowed to vote. Same as you can't fly, buy booze or drive.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

That's gold.

1000, eh?

Illegal is illegal...unless, of course, you don't care about the laws in our country. The progressive left is a bunch of criminals

Well duh. Right Wingers commit legal crime. It wouldn't make sense if it was 'initially' against the law for half of these White collar crimes, or we wouldn't be able to give them constant passes. I swear I've seen the media criticize aspects of deals before they were exploited, and then they were -still- exploited. They don't even steal behind curtains anymore, just right in your face. No respect.

Or such legislative Gems as the Patriot Act. Nothing was as dystopian as that conservatively implemented trash. Up for renew soon yey!!!

edit on 3-10-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Konduit

Yeah the left pushed for the banning of using the term illegal alien and instead pushed undocumented alien. Jay Leno nailed it when he said the correct term is undocumented Democrat.

I support voter identification laws. We are required to show ID for everything else, like entering a federal building or flying, so aside from voter fraud as its goal I dont see why Democrats fight against voter ID laws.
There is only one reason those laws are opposed...That's so they can CHEAT...Any idiot knows that...

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
I'm waiting to see if my Mother votes in this election. She voted in the 2012 election. She died in 2010.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: imjack
Right Wingers commit legal crime.

Legal crime. That's a good one.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

Not much else to call a 20% tax cut to the .1%, while the middle class gets a 4% tax cut.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Seems like everyone is coming out to vote this year. It should be interesting this month we're getting down to the wire. I kind of wonder how much further the MSM can bury the third party runners.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

A birth certificate issued by the state/local county is ALWAYS a prof of citizenship. The second part of your quote refers to the unofficial keepsake most hospitals provide the parents.

You don't have any kids huh?

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

That's gold.

1000, eh?

1,000 is plenty gold to have gotten away with it. The individuals who did it obviously are high up in the system and wield some kind of influence in the system without even doing this. That is scary enough.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

As many as 20 dead people applied to vote in Harrisonburg

The FBI and local police are investigating the case. No charges have been filed.

Republicans state lawmakers, who have supported tighter voter ID laws, have highlighted the investigation, calling it proof of voter fraud.

House Minority Leader David J. Toscano says it was not proof of voter fraud because no one had actually managed to cast a phony vote.

Director Comey stated that charges haven't been filed because there was no intent, dead people weren't available for comment and illegals are taking the 5th.

/sarcasm

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Yeah the left pushed for the banning of using the term illegal alien and instead pushed undocumented alien. Jay Leno nailed it when he said the correct term is undocumented Democrat.

Truth be told we're never going to beat them at their game.

Should play the SAME game as them.

Undocumented guns.

Sanctuary cities for gun owners.

EVERYONE should get to pick and choose laws they don't like.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Sillyolme

Lie...

More specific

Well all I followed with.
You cannot register to vote without a valid state issued ID. Photo ID or drivers license.
To get the photo ID you must provide a birth certificate a social security number and proof of your address by way of a utility bill or insurance bill or bank statement. To get a social security number you need a birth certificate a photo ID marriage license if you're a woman and have changed your name. To open a utility account you need a bank account and to open a bank account you need photo ID cards. To get insurance you need a social so they can run a credit check on you.

The point is, to get the things you need to register to vote in Virginia you have to be very able to prove who you are and where you live.
I'm not saying fraud doesn't happen I'm disputing the story stating that you don't need to prove who you are in Virginia when in fact they go to a great deal of trouble to address the issue of proper ID. And they are very careful about issuing ID cards. The other things check and balance each other.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

That's gold.

1000, eh?

Yup, crime is ok as long as it's small enough to seem not to matter...

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

That's gold.

1000, eh?

Illegal is illegal...unless, of course, you don't care about the laws in our country. The progressive left is a bunch of criminals

Well duh. Right Wingers commit legal crime. It wouldn't make sense if it was 'initially' against the law for half of these White collar crimes, or we wouldn't be able to give them constant passes. I swear I've seen the media criticize aspects of deals before they were exploited, and then they were -still- exploited. They don't even steal behind curtains anymore, just right in your face. No respect.

Or such legislative Gems as the Patriot Act. Nothing was as dystopian as that conservatively implemented trash. Up for renew soon yey!!!

"Legal crime"? What is that...the new liberal war cry? Makes as much sense factually as every other dump they take and pretend it is gold.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Not much else to call a 20% tax cut to the .1%, while the middle class gets a 4% tax cut.

How about you pass a law that businesses and business owners pay 99%! Great idea don't you think! Then when the business close and everyone is unemployed, that 4% will look so nice...won't it? Do you remember school and...well...life in general. You get rewarded for doing well, you get nothing for doing nothing and you punished for doing bad. Remember that? Yeah...it worked!

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

How about you pass a law that businesses and business owners pay 99%! Great idea don't you think! Then when the business close and everyone is unemployed, that 4% will look so nice...won't it? Do you remember school and...well...life in general. You get rewarded for doing well, you get nothing for doing nothing and you punished for doing bad. Remember that? Yeah...it worked!

It did? *eyes glow* I was never punished. I'm auspicious and perfect. I also own a business tho, so 99% is a bit more excessive than I can afford. I hope future business conversations don't actually become this in the wake of Trump, or I'm going to have to send my whole company back to college for economics.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I can't see why ANYONE would have a problem with folks having to prove their citizenship.

This is only one tip of the iceberg though....there's still lots of dead folks who vote too.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: projectvxn

The only reason I can come up with for why a person would not have an ID is because they didn't bother to get one, or they aren't legally here.

You can get an ID. But unless that ID specifies that you are a citizen, you don't have to prove that you are.

For some people proving ID, or citizenship can be problematic. It can mean difficulty in getting a drivers license. It can mean difficulty in getting a passport. But those things are not rights. Voting is a right.

Requiring proof of citizenship to vote may, or may not reduce voter fraud. But it would make it difficult, if not impossible, for some citizens to vote. Should it be difficult or impossible for a citizen to vote? Is (maybe) reducing voter fraud worth it?

Just think, we could solve the problem of crime if we did away with that pesky "innocent until proven guilty" thing. Seems to be working in the Philippines.

Gosh i hope your sarcasm meter was off after this Phage. You're humor escapes me this time bro as a neutral Libertarian type. I am for the simple idea of we all agreeing to stay out of other peoples lives until they decide to harm yours or mine. I guess collectively that means "Don't tread on" any of us, please, and we won't have to get up and handle the dirty work.

You sir, have been sharing quite obtuse answers that make me think you have a lack of knowledge in political matters as you do science. Please, don't pretend you aren't smart and can't see the potential fraud. Even if you won't entertain the reports to support the claims to be valid the potential is there and you know it. It makes you look to be biased away from facts because they don't support your feelings. We all do it, so I have and so I might again save for a little experience to fall upon.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Yep. With a nice litte note next to the name that says "DECEASED"

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

The Constitution lays out voting and the portion the left uses is the right to vote cant be abridged. The important part they ignore is the remainder of that sentence - "on account of race, color, previous condition of servitude, sex, or age for those above 18".

Considering the Constitution required several amendments to give certain groups, like women and slaves / black people, the right to vote I fail to see how requiring proof of citizenship / ID to vote is discriminatory.

Further the Constitution left the means of suffrage and how its applied to the states.

i fully support legal / lawful immigration. Recently we have become way to out of control by sinking to the lowest common denominator instead of setting a higher standard. A person who breaks the law should not be rewarded for breaking the law because they came here illegally.
edit on 4-10-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join