It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bombshell: Over 1,000 Illegal Voters in Eight Virginia Localities

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Citizenship certificate or birth certificate.

I used my citizenship certificate as I was foreign born.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
So what do more ID laws prevent?

The ones that can vote already have the ID's to combat that.

Sounds like the laws are just affected law abiding citizens...thought we didn't like those.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Citizenship certificate or birth certificate.
That would depend.

If you were born on U.S. soil and there is a record of your birth, a standard U.S. birth certificate issued by a state government is your primary proof of U.S. citizenship. (Birth certificates issued by hospitals are not official records and do not serve as proof of citizenship.)

www.nolo.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
These people just come to our country and think they can join America!

Wait, how did they do it before Obama again? Oh ya, mailed Green Cards didn't exist and the only way to become a citizen was to illegally enter the country and go to Phoenix or Chicago to have local paperwork filed.

"They don't pay Taxes!"

Wouldn't Donald say that makes them smart? Voting on top of that makes them even smarter imo.
edit on 2-10-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
A "bombshell" from Lifezette.
That's gold.

1000, eh?
That's sure to win you an election.

There's this thing called extrapolation: the process of estimating, beyond the original observation range, the value of a variable on the basis of its relationship with another variable.

1000 votes x how many more counties in 50 states. Starts to add up if this is an indication of a nationwide problem.

So you're ok with voter fraud as long as it's kept within your perceived "acceptable" level?

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

Can't really talk about extrapolation and then qualify it with an if.
Not really how that works.
And this study didn't find actual votes, just failed registration.

Maybe you are willing to answer what more ID laws will do for the ones that are already able to make it past the registration which already needs an ID.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Yeah, it shines light on the questionable doings of Democrats, so it must be biased, huh? Seems like every time voter fraud pops up, there are Democrats involved and it benefits them. I mean, it's not like the DNC or the Democratic party would pull anything funny with an election, right?
oh...wait...

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Maybe you are willing to answer what more ID laws will do for the ones that are already able to make it past the registration which already needs an ID.

Matching your Social Security # to a national database ensuring each number is valid and can only be used once?
ID to double verify that your name in the SS database matches the name on your ID?
It's tough to regulate it when it so easy to obtain a fake ID.
It's far harder to utilize a fake/borrowed SS#.
Unless you're Obama...

edit on 2-10-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Matching your Social Security # to a national database ensuring each number is valid and can only be used once?

Has nothing to do with the new voter ID laws and all the others things rely on this.

The issue is identity theft, new voter ID laws do nothing to combat that.

It's far harder to utilize a fake/borrowed SS#.

You should tell that to everyone that had theirs stolen.

Unless your Obama...

And ya why not finish it off with some Birtherism.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
A "bombshell" from Lifezette.
That's gold.

1000, eh?
That's sure to win you an election.

1000 illegal votes is enough to win an election.

More than enough, actually.

As the Wall Street Journal's John Fund reports, Minnesota Democrat Al Franken’s narrow, 312-vote victory in 2008 over incumbent Sen. Norm Coleman may have come as the result of people being allowed to vote who, under existing law, shouldn’t have been.

[See who gave the most to Franken.]

The certification of Franken as the victor came only after a series of recounts dragging out for almost half a year. It also sparked an investigation by Minnesota Majority, a conservative watchdog group that compared the list of those recorded as having voted in the election against what Fund calls “criminal rap sheets.” The group found, in what appears to clearly warrant further and official inquiry, that

www.usnews.com...

edit on 2-10-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Well it is a good thing this didn't find that then!

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

At least I tried to come up with some new verification ideas. What's your grand fix for the voter verification fiasco?
All the people who've had their SS# stolen is minute in comparison to the amount of fake ID's in circulation.
The Obama SS# ribbing was a joke I couldn't resist sorry, but

edit on 2-10-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Looking at it positively : Contrary to what many anarchist types believe, that would mean that votes actually count.

I understand the philosophical idea behind not consenting to vote but let's say a movement done by the people that never vote would decide for everyone to vote for a candidate that's not from the establishment just to see if votes really do count or not. I don't see any better way of knowing.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

When my kids were born the hospital recorded the birth and the information sent to the state health department where their BCs were generated and sent to us.

So...Depends on what? Hospital certificates are issued for records that can later be used to obtain copies of official records. You have to make those requests through the hospitals Correspondence department. They will give you all the records they have on you and your kids.

The only reason I can come up with for why a person would not have an ID is because they didn't bother to get one, or they aren't legally here.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

The only reason I can come up with for why a person would not have an ID is because they didn't bother to get one, or they aren't legally here.

You can get an ID. But unless that ID specifies that you are a citizen, you don't have to prove that you are.

For some people proving ID, or citizenship can be problematic. It can mean difficulty in getting a drivers license. It can mean difficulty in getting a passport. But those things are not rights. Voting is a right.

Requiring proof of citizenship to vote may, or may not reduce voter fraud. But it would make it difficult, if not impossible, for some citizens to vote. Should it be difficult or impossible for a citizen to vote? Is (maybe) reducing voter fraud worth it?

Just think, we could solve the problem of crime if we did away with that pesky "innocent until proven guilty" thing. Seems to be working in the Philippines.

edit on 10/2/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I'm beginning to think that with all the insecurity of voting and indeed the Presidential candidates, that a close election (which it could well be) could resort to an elected President by the House of Representatives selecting the winner, inside of the individual states election process, if the electoral vote laws, seem a bit passe for some states at least this time round. What say anybody?

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Lie...
I live in Virginia. You need to be a US citizen have a state issued ID . To get the ID you need a birth certificate a social security number proof of residency.
www.google.com...=va /1/5/m.07z1m

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Lie...

More specific

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Can you cite where this is such a problem that many voters would be disenfranchised as a result?

Getting an ID when you're a citizen is NOT difficult.

Protecting the integrity of the voting process should be a priority.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Democrats don't fight voter ID however some jurisdictions make it hard for some citizens to get to a place to register and it blocks certain segments of society.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join