It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tons of ghost stories told by nurses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I was just reading a thread by RedEyes619 here about a possible ghost story related by his nurse mother. There is a website and forum for nurses that's been around quite awhile, and over the years I periodically drop in on the thread and do some reading, some really cool stories here.

This link drops you in the middle of the thread, there are hundreds of pages, and you can always start at page one if you have time to spare, or more like days!

allnurses.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
WOW! Thanks for sharing this! Im a former RN and I LOVE ghost stories, so Im enjoying the link. There are some good ones in that thread.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

You ever have anything odd happen when you were a nurse?

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
WOW! Thanks for sharing this! Im a former RN and I LOVE ghost stories, so Im enjoying the link. There are some good ones in that thread.

If you like reading real ghost stories, you should come read through my thread. Just click on the bottom of my signature.

Over 350 pages so far, and still counting. It's been going since 2012.

Share your own there too. Everyone welcome, but no ridiculing allowed.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: sled735
Share your own there too. Everyone welcome, but no ridiculing allowed.

There is precisely one story in that wonderful collection that is obviously a hoax, and anyone can spot it. It's the one that would embarrass William Peter Blatty.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Very cool OP nice thread, I'm going to have a good read of the link you posted.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
To add to this thread, may I strongly recommend The Haunted Wilderness, an excellent collection of first-hand accounts found online (not all ghost stories, many are all-too-earthbound and more alarming for it). How reliable any of them are is unknown, but some of them definitely have the ring of truth and quite a few are memorably unsettling.

personalghoststories.wordpress.com...

And the archive is absolutely enormous, there are at least 1,000 stories to work your way through over the winter period.
edit on 2-10-2016 by audubon because: parenthesis added for clarity

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

There is precisely one story in that wonderful collection that is obviously a hoax, and anyone can spot it. It's the one that would embarrass William Peter Blatty.

Care to elaborate? Out of all those stories, how would anybody be able to pick out one? And why do you say it would embarrass Blatty?

And op, thanks for that link!

edit on 10/2/2016 by wtbengineer because: to add

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: wtbengineer
Care to elaborate? Out of all those stories, how would anybody be able to pick out one? And why do you say it would embarrass Blatty?

It's a year or two since I read the enormous "allnurses" thread linked to by the OP (and I was delighted to see it again) but if the post I'm talking about is still there, believe me you'll recognise it. It is so ridiculously over-the-top that it jumps the shark within the first dozen sentences, then loops back and jumps it another few times while doing the splits to the sound of a 500-piece brass band and firework display.

You'll see what I mean about Blatty when you find it - like I say, it's been a couple of years since I read it and it's the one I remember nearly wearing out my B.S. detector!

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

But I can't read all those pages searching for one post. If you only knew the posters screen name or a page range to search maybe I could find it. I guess it's not important because I'll never take the time to read through that whole thread. I've got a whole lot of books I'm trying to get through right now, I don't have time to read these super long threads.

But thanks for your reply!
edit on 10/2/2016 by wtbengineer because: to add

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

Very cool post, if anyone is going to experience a ghost, it would probably be a nurse. But sadly on that site they have trolls too.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: laughingdog

No doubt. Try the earlier parts of the thread, many of those seem more legit

new topics

top topics

join