It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary Johnson Rally: Live at Phoenix

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Watch the Libertarian nominee for president of the United States of America on Facebook.

Let's break the two party cartel.

www.facebook.com...

Gary Johnson supports the 2nd amendment,marijuana legalization,is non-interventionist, and gay marriage.

Socially liberal. Fiscally conservative.
edit on 1-10-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added words

edit on 1-10-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: phoenix spelled wrong

edit on 1-10-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added the YT video

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I like anyone who makes edibles BUT if all of you guys vote for Gary and Jill then Hillary may win so you are helping her, Stein will tell you that Hillary has done all of the things that people are scared Trump will do. Trump has business crimes, Hillary has lots of different crimes and her moral crimes are the worst.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: beeeyotch

We as a nation are destined to have the worst president in history holding the white house for the next 4 years be that from red team or blue team.

Those of us voting third party refuse to hold our noses and vote for the two party turds that stink up every election. We are not goldfish minded voters who can't think past the here and now. We are voting for the future once we get past the next horrendous 4-year term and face the next election. We are striving for 5% of the vote so that a third party can get the same government funding the outdated 2 party does.

We are already screwed. It doesn't matter if Trump or Clinton hold the white house because we are still screwed.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Wanna see something really funny? Type "Gary Johnson doesn't know" into any search engine and see just how clueless the man really is.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

Yes and apparently doesn't know beans about what goes on outside of New Mexico. No thanks.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Minds of goldfish

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Minds of goldfish

It is far more important for us to stop the criminal cartel that has held power since at least 1980, than monkey around with third party candidates.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ezramullins

People are absolutely delusional to think either Trump or Clinton will improve things.

They are both liars they are both crooks and they do not care about you.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

We are striving for 5% of the vote so that a third party can get the same government funding the outdated 2 party does.

Is that election to election?

I can see your reasoning but until a third party can demonstrate credibility, funding doesn't matter (noting that the funding is a matter of matching, no more). To get from 5% to sufficient support for election will take more than campaign funding.

And no, at this point I am not voting for any Presidential candidate. Because none have given me reason to do so. And it's not for lack of wanting one to.

edit on 10/1/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Gary Johnson calls out Trump heckler.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

There isn't a candidate, but there is a party. 4 years from now Johnson may not be the party candidate for the party.

Making sure the party at least has some funding will probably attract more people for the position. The party will at least be in a much better position to gain momentum than it is now.

I am voting for a "chance" to change all of this 4 years from now.

When I go to vote it will depend on how things are. If GJ has already secured the 5% needed I will cast my vote for Stein in hopes of securing that parties funding as well. Not because I believe in them, but because the 2 party system needs to end.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

You've given me another way to look at it.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

the 2 party system needs to end.

I agree, I was so hoping that the libertrieans would exceed the support threshold to get on the debate stage this year; given the level of disapproval Trump and Clinton have. But it didn't happen ...

So I've come to believe that the best hope I'm helping to end the 2 party system in this election would be if Trump wins.

If Trump wins it will put the Republicans in a difficult position. Being in control of the House and possibly the Senate means they are going to have to push back against their own president. AND while they are actively fighting him; every dumb thing he does will be attributed to them as a whole by the Democrats and by the country at large. This schizophrenic existence might prove too much for the already fracturing republican party. It might just be what is needed to push them over the edge.

The Democrats them selves might experience some fracturing over a Trump win. The more progressive wing of the party is going to be very angree with Clinton and moderate democrats if they can't seal the deal. They are already angree at the treatment their first choice received by the party; if the party then losses to Trump they are going to be livid.

The current systemic relationship between Congress has with the Executive won't be able to hold under a Trump presidency. Right now we have a do nothing Congress all to happy to abdicate power to the Executive. All our current congress cares about is scoring political points so that it's members can be reelected. They don't care about a president who over steps his/her athority because than they can always say how they didn't aprove of the bad thing the president did. But with a Trump presidency congress will have no choice but to take more responsibility.

A Clinton presidency will be 4 or 8 more years of what we've had for the last three or four decades. That's good for Washington and Wallstreet because they get richer and gain more power under the current system; that's why even the Republicans don't want Trump to win. Losing the white house to preserve the status quo is preferable to the risk Trump carries with him.
edit on 1-10-2016 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Sorry, Grim, but I'm not sold on the Libertarian party. Johnson is all right for a politician, but the Libertarian party itself is a hot mess and if given a national identity, could possibly become the Koch brothers political wing.

The Libertarian party has supported everything from drug and prostitution legalization to abolishing the minimum wage. It's just too vague for me.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Are you saying you are happy with the 2 party system? Red pill blue pill?

I do not need to agree with libertarians completely to realize a substantial presence of liberty loving representatives in the government could bring us back on track.

Who agrees with 100% of the left or right? People are settling already when they vote for them? How much has that really accomplished?

One thing I am sure of is that having more substantialized parties come elections will mean that the parties will send their best instead of the dregs like the two parties we have do now.

new topics

top topics

join