It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who have seen UFOs did you do anything special before seeing them?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Hey, I'm a pilot and have seen a bunch...never wanting to.....

but one place one could see lots of orbs.....an area that sat in a dip....trees all around.a willow lowland in N Texas, that's when I saw the orb outbound from KDFW going bout twice as fast as the MD-90...off the star wingtip not very far and went all the way to the horiz.

that was me in a glider

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Gary Numan Preyed to the Aliens... now he relies on Vanity Publishing

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
i invented the universe before ufo's were sighted, no biggie.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Nope. No prep. Just observing things around. Like looking out the window, or bird watching or plane spotting. So far I've only seen three things that I'd qualify as UFOs. And I can't claim aliens or something of that nature. Only that the things I saw didn't match up to the description of known aircraft or natural objects. By that definition they still qualify as "unidentified", and "flying" because they're up there in the sky.

So what were my sightings?
1. Staying at a friends house as a kid. (This was back in the 1980's.) Basically got up for the 3AM bathroom trip. Saw some bright light moving in the living room picture window, and there were no cars going down the road. Basically the thing was one long line of bright amber light hovering in the sky. Didn't do anything amazing, but tried waking up a friend to see it and it was gone.

2. Walking on the Navy base in Orlando (had to be 1998 when it was still there), returning to the enlisted quarters after class. Was at 9PM or so. Noticed a bright flash like one from a camera that lit up the entire area. No other obvious source so looked up. Just a diamond configuration of white lights that glided by silently. (I figure it's correlated, seemed to be.) I know Orlando has it's share of blimps with the tourist attractions, but when they're low you can still hear the engines. And at night they usually light up anyways. So this UFO while not being too amazing wasn't the usual.

3. Backyard bird watching in the early 2000's. Just a slow day after doing some yard work and sitting in the lawn chairs and watching hawks or gulls circling and doing their thing.The thing was a metallic spherical object and I'd guess about 3ft in diameter given the apparent height. Although it definitely looked a lot like a mylar balloon, it was still large for that and those typically don't travel at a steady speed against the prevailing wind. Again not anything super amazing, but what I'd call "odd". If you weren't actively watching the sky, it's something you'd never notice as being there.

So no real prep or any form of expectation. All my observations I'd consider random. Only thing I did is when something peculiar catches my attention I make an effort to get a look.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Consciously looking up at the stars on a clear night, was the only thing in common for the sightings I have had.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I was reading passport to the cosmos, was quite stressed about something, and took place on vacation at maybe 2am, although the sighting was not significant, at least not in the sense that it convinced me it can't be of this earth, just that it had 2 characteristics that I've never seen before and would be highly unusual given the location. I also stared at the sky every night and saw many satellites (star-like moving steadily in perfectly straight lines) before and after this sighting.

I share this in hopes others will come forward to at least provide the background of what they were doing at the time and perhaps also that week prior as maybe there's a common factor.
edit on 8-10-2016 by pilotx because: typo

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The two most mind blowing sightings I 've had occurred while camping in remote areas. There are two other people who were present at both incidents.
I was also with new girlfriend both times.
Not sure if those details are in any way relevant.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I be holy and visit myself.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23
Yes. Being with certain people has a lot to do with it.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Whaler

Well if you look at a lot of claimed sightings on here MANY are due to people going outside for a smoke what they are smoking now that's the real question

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Ive been seeing them pretty frequently recently. About ten years ago I started noticing what I thought might be ufos. mostly during the day. bright lights that kind of disappeared real fast. nothing very concrete. Couple other instances where i thought something seemed weird but nothing to write home about.

a couple of months ago, I was with my wife and my sister, and headed to my folks house. Im kind of on my toes, bc i had seen enough to know that they are around in my area. My wife said, 'hey what are those lights'? i immediately stopped the car. these were close, three of them. Weird lights an hour or so before sunset. My sister thought they were drones. I wanted to grab a video, but thought maybe she was right for a second and didn't want to take my eyes off of them. likely story right? lol

anyhow...they floated around for a while and these lights were bright, hard to see much else, weird orbs around them. then they shot into the atmosphere in what appeared to be a pretty steep incline. super fast. just almost disappeared. no sound.

i was melting, i guess the women didn't care too much, my mind was blown.

I see them pretty frequently know, maybe once a week, or every couple weeks, im trying to stop looking now bc it kind of creeps me out. i saw three or four pretty recently in a lightning storm. the lightning would pop off and one by one they shot out of the cloud and disappeared. saw one when i was coming over a large bridge that was flying low. once you know what you are looking at and where to look, seems easy enough to find them, at least for me. all the ones ive seen seem the same. similar type of movements, lights, disappearing act etc.

I swear i can see them around here anytime i look at the sky long enough.

ive been getting the ringing in my ears lately to boot. super weird, don't like it. :/

i am in the camp that thinks these 'aliens' arent any good if thats what they are, don't think its something you want to invite in your life. certainly nothing to pray for. i think there is a spirituality link, but not a good kind. for now all i know is i see things in the sky. not sure about aliens or anything else.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join