It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rant SubForum Request

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I like the Rant forum, I've been in there on occasion having an almighty whinge and felt better for it. I've read threads by other people to see what's been bugging them and, if I could, offered a word of encouragement.

But - so many threads these days are from people complaining about the quality (or lack thereof) of ATS. The general gist is that there are no new threads to rival those of days gone by. Maybe a member has been gone for a while and come back to discover that the Rest Of Us have not been making the effort to keep ATS up to the standard to which they'd like to become accustomed.

These sort of threads can pop up elsewhere - not just the Rant Forum - and include those complaining about the state of the political forums and the upcoming Presidential Election.

Please, for the sake of those such as myself who might inadvertently stumble into these threads when we'd rather not, could a new sub forum be added: The Bitch About ATS Forum?

I know ATS is far from perfect but perhaps people might consider creating those interesting threads that they so want to grace the boards rather than throwing another wobbler about the state of the place. Or they might even participate in existing threads and demonstrate how to make quality posts.

The suggested new forum could also provide a home for those psychic members who know exactly why everyone else hands out stars & flags and disapprove of our reasons.

It could host those who know without a shadow of a doubt who all the shills are.

Seriously, how do people know that stuff? Was there a memo?

And people could go to the new forum to mutter darkly about the alphabet agencies who monitor, if not run, ATS. I'll say here - I do not care. I have a laugh here, I found people to play with. Just to show willing, I'll give you spooks a clue. Have a look at the Acronym Game thread. It's full of hidden messages put there by degenerates and subversives.***

Staff can open the new forum with this thread if they like although it's not, strictly speaking, a moan about ATS, but more of a helpful suggestion. I'm not saying that nobody should ever criticize ATS or its members, just that they should have their own place in which to do it. Then everyone else can complacently graze away on the content that pleases them without having to suffer the complaints of the discontented.

Thank you for your consideration.

*** j/k - well, about there being hidden messages anyway.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

The general gist is that there are no new threads to rival those of days gone by.

Whoever says that, should stop a second and realize he is part of the problem he thinks he sees. Those who have that opinion are invited to make outstanding threads.

Isn´t this forum exactly for that? I mean it´s even called "Board Business".

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

I know ATS is far from perfect but perhaps people might consider creating those interesting threads that they so want to grace the boards rather than throwing another wobbler about the state of the place. Or they might even participate in existing threads and demonstrate how to make quality posts.

You pulled me out of the shadows with this one.

It is not that members don't make the effort to present quality post here on ATS anymore. It is that when a member takes the time, and makes the effort to present an interesting post, if it is quickly disintegrated, or ignored.

I have seen many a well presented, thought provoking post, become a target for some that think it is fun and games time, and lets see how quickly we can derail this thread, time.

It becomes old really quick, when the Mods have to spend so much time trying to make the kids play nicely in the sandbox.

I don't think a sub-forum is going to keep the toxic element here at ATS at bay.

Of course this is just my opinion. I know. We all have one.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

that was a nice rant. Would it technically also qualify for the Bitch About ATS forum??? I mean you know, since technically ....

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Covered in my last paragraph.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I don't think they'd use it, if they want to bitch then what better place than right where people can see it and have others comment on said subject.

new topics

top topics

join