It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Globalization is a good thing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Globalisation means different things to different people.

There are many reasons why the majority of Brits wanted to leave the EU, and if truth be known if several EU countries had the courage to hold referenda today then they would be joining the UK.

To me, the key element is independence. The repeal of the European Communities Act will place the UK elected officials as the legitimate legal authority in the UK once again. In other words, the UK will become fully sovereign once again. That may go against the flow of globalisation, but then the English tend to buck the trends don't they.

Others feared the growing homogenisation of British culture through immigration from within and without the EU, jobs, livelihoods and all that.

Not sure that your average person gives a toss about globalisation. They are more concerned with life and love. Oh, and the price of haddock.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

I would have to Disagree , Globalization would be World Slavery .

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
But I'm still a Texan at heart.

What exactly are you disagreeing about?

Texas isn't even a country. You live under a government that allows you to be as texan as you want, why do you think a global government wouldn't be the same?

I don't understand why homogenization and a global dictator seem to be the first thing that pops into peoples heads when they hear global government.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
In a sense the present world is full of slavery in one form or another

Now this is only my idea of a United world
And nothing to do with the conspiricy idea of Globalisation

The world is shrinking through the advent of modern technology
Ideas can be passed around the world at the click of a key board

We are all part of the same Human Race
What is done in one part of the world can effect people on the other side of the planet
We all laugh and cry and love and lose
It is time I feel to recognise that the idea of the planet being unified
Is now the most sensible course of action

I do not mean being led by the nose by unscrupulous ones with their own selfish agenda
History is littered with wars and the pointless death of millions
That way is surely a relic of the past in a new world of co operation rather than competition for resources
There is enough for all only the will is lacking

My idea is a future world based on mutual respect
Where each are their own soveriegn
Each taking responsibility for their own area and if help is required then those that can and are able give that help
You can create countless enemys through hate but love and generousity can win countless friends

Time for those in power to use that power for the common good
If they do not then ignore them ... You are your own soveriegn
Answerable to non but your own soul

Even the idea of governments can be thrown to wind if we take individual responsibility
If you do not like what certain one's are selling you do not have to buy it
Nor do you have to obey tyrants and fools

I am not talking about choas I am talking about a new order of the ages in it's truest sense
The old world order of tyrants is doomed
Together we can create a better world for all

It starts with small things ... the people around you
The world is crazy at present let us add reason and caring to help get it sane

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Globalization would be too Much Power for any Man or Group to Hold . National Sovereignty Assures there will Always be a Bastion of Freedom SOMEWHERE in the World . Technology Misused Leads to Slavery . No Thanks

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Like I said in another post, I'll be open to the idea if America can fix their government first. Dont expand something if its not working right to begin with.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I will agree that globalization is a good thing with the caveat that the entire world embrace the US Constitution, embrace US customs and laws, and that the same rights and freedoms be extended to the globe.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I will agree that globalization is a good thing with the caveat that the entire world embrace the US Constitution, embrace US customs and laws, and that the same rights and freedoms be extended to the globe.

I Agree , but you just Know that Will Never Happen .

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

This is why globalism is a bad thing.

It's easier to enslave us than try to convince the Middle East that gay marriage is okay.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

a reply to: Zanti Misfit

This is why globalism is a bad thing.

It's easier to enslave us than try to convince the Middle East that gay marriage is okay.

Or The U.S. Government Actually Represents It's People ......LOL

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

1st the US has to re-embrace it.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

My post is not about the US doing anything.

It is about you embracing your texan culture while living under a larger government being contrary to your fear that larger government equals homogenization, when in fact you are living proof that it doesn't.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I'm not fearful of it. I don't want it. As I said, large governments waste more money. US spends more on military with questionable results. Any of the alphabet agencies are over funded with questionable results. The EU experiment isn't going to hot. As I said before, until I see it work on small scale first I don't want to see it get bigger.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Fearful may have been the wrong word but the reason that you gave (the only one) in the post I was replying to was homogenization.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Which is a broad term, mainly I'm fearful of government homogenization. Different governments are important to protect the interests of different cultures. The US is barely working only because states get some leeway (less now) in governing themselves. The EU operates this way as well.

One government is a long ways off, I won't be alive to see it (thank God), but people have alot of growing to do before then. And even if it does happen it has to be organic, or the fruits of it will be fertilized with blood. That would be unacceptable.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

A one world government won't do away with local governments and everything that I have seen the UN (closest thing to a one world government) push is in protection of different cultures. Where is the homogenization? Why are you still a texan?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Well have to agree to disagree. I don't like the current governments, so the idea of a bigger one just makes me cringe. More waste, more "redistribution", no thanks.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The primary flaw in the OPs argument, is the fact that the more far removed a government is from the people, the more detrimental those decisions will be to the people as a whole.

Unless that global government, makes laws for differing regions and localities, it cannot address the specific problems facing each. Some areas require laws and policies that are different, due to differing cultures and needs.

Localization is more beneficial, it keeps the economy for each locality on a sustainable level, and during times of crisis or disruptions; the damage will not be as widespread.

Globalization would also destroy cultures around the world, because you cannot have differing views, which is why the EU has been systematically destroying the varying European culture and national identity to promote homogeneity.
edit on 1-10-2016 by GodEmperor because: content

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Agree to disagree about what?

The post I replied to only mentioned homogenization. All I questioned was alleged homogenization and pointed out that you being a proud texan contradicts the idea that homogenization is happening.

Waste and redistribution is you moving the goalposts.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Good post

I think that once we can figure out a globalized structure that depends on decentralization, we may really be onto something.

Doing the same thing we have always done, just on a bigger scale, isn't exactly revolutionary and certainly not wise.

That said, this dysfunctional structure has existed for a very, very long time, devouring and homogenizing on an ever increasing scale. Resistance is futile. We will be assimilated. Probably.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join