It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton on Sanders supporters: 'living in their parents’ basement'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Hacked audio of a conversation between Hillary Clinton and donors during a February fundraising event shows the Democrat nominee describing Bernie Sanders supporters as "children of the Great Recession" who are "living in their parents’ basement."

Speaking at a Virginia fundraiser hosted by former U.S. ambassador Beatrice Welters, Clinton says in a clip released by the Free Beacon that many of her former primary opponent's supporters sought things like “free college, free health care,” saying that she preferred to occupy the space "from the center-left to the center-right" on the political spectrum.
SOURCE

Could Clinton be much more slimy and repulsive? It sounds to me like the kind of ad hominems I read here sometimes. In fact, I'm pretty sure some posters here will agree with Clinton's take on Sanders supporters.

I just hope this news costs Clinton a lot of support from Sanders supporters. This story could help Trump more than almost anything right now. With that in mind, someone needs to tell Trump that this is another thing for him to harp on.
edit on 1-10-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
So she says:

Some are new to politics completely. They’re children of the Great Recession. And they are living in their parents’ basement," she said. "They feel they got their education and the jobs that are available to them are not at all what they envisioned for themselves. And they don’t see much of a future.

Sounds slightly sympathetic to me.
edit on 1-10-2016 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Thank you for showing it in context.

It's funny how desperate they're getting in trying to pry the far left away from Hillary. It's like they missed the entire Democratic primaries. We already know how she feels about us! We fought her team for almost a full year and faced all kinds of low blows and slimy tricks from her camp. The major Democratic sites even banned many of us because of the virtual Cold War that went on between our sides.

This type of info is only new to Republicans because they never actually pay attention to what's going on with the left wing. If they paid attention, they'd know the Clinton wing has said and done far worse just during the Democratic primaries (like the racism claims against the "Bernie Bros", using Rep. John Lewis to attack Bernie's civil rights actions, Bill illegally campaigning at a Massachusetts polling station while blocking traffic there, the BS at the different caucuses, etc).

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I can't stand Clinton, can't stand trump either, but when I read this it sounded to me as though she was sounding off concern not malice.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I am no fan of Clinton by any means. IMO this is a deliberate leak designed to boost Clinton's appeal among Sander's supporters. In this unusual election campaign those people who supported Sanders out of anti establishment and not left wing ideological motives votes are for grabs. It is highly debatable if such a ploy will work or not.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
In short Hillarys views on the voters: Half of Trump voters are deplorables, the other half the losers of globalisation. And half of the democrats are basement dwellers.

She bashed Roughly 70% of ALL voters. Good luck becoming president with the tiny group of Democrats who like to vote for Republican values.

So far i would have voted for Bernie or Jill Stein. Right now i would even consider Trump, just to make sure it will not be Hillary. (No US citizen here, so I cant vote anyways)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84

I have to see its funny seeing all these foreign members of ATS pushing for Trump all day.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
For the time being, Twitter has caught hold of this and is running with it:

Will be interesting to see if it gets shadowbanned. I've noted that whenever an anti-hillary hashtag begins having an effect, it usually gets cut out of the trending list.

#CrookedHillary
#SethRich
#StoneTear
#ComeyTheWeasel
#BasketOfDeplorables

All started trending and were then suddenly not listed after a bit. Will be watching for #BasementDwellers to suffer a similar fate, but maybe it will stay, we'll see.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

"Some are new to politics completely. They’re children of the Great Recession. And they are living in their parents’ basement," she said. "They feel they got their education and the jobs that are available to them are not at all what they envisioned for themselves. And they don’t see much of a future." Facebook

I don't see the problem with this statement.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Its Her and Obama's failed economic policies that have led to this - I'm so glad she's concerned now... Maybe more National Debt will help?
edit on 1-10-2016 by Steak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
So she says:

Some are new to politics completely. They’re children of the Great Recession. And they are living in their parents’ basement," she said. "They feel they got their education and the jobs that are available to them are not at all what they envisioned for themselves. And they don’t see much of a future.

Thanks.

I didn't get anything negative out of it either.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
So she says:

She sounds confused, to me.

"There is a strain of, on the one hand, the kind of populist, nationalist, xenophobic, discriminatory kind of approach that we hear too much of from the Republican candidates," she said.

"And on the other side, there’s just a deep desire to believe that we can have free college, free healthcare, that what we’ve done hasn’t gone far enough, and that we just need to, you know, go as far as, you know, Scandinavia, whatever that means, and half the people don’t know what that means, but it’s something that they deeply feel.

So who does she have left?

Mitts 47%?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
I just hope this news costs Clinton a lot of support from Sanders supporters.

Any Sanders supporter who has not already changed tune since the email leaks about DNC favoritism is beyond reach, I am afraid.

a reply to: svetlana84
I could not agree more, my dear. We have the choice between a wealthy insolent simpleton who doesn't represent us, or a wealthy corrupt criminal who doesn't represent us. At least Jill Stein is a conspiracy theorist, like us.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: svetlana84
In short Hillarys views on the voters: Half of Trump voters are deplorables, the other half the losers of globalisation. And half of the democrats are basement dwellers.

She bashed Roughly 70% of ALL voters. Good luck becoming president with the tiny group of Democrats who like to vote for Republican values.

So far i would have voted for Bernie or Jill Stein. Right now i would even consider Trump, just to make sure it will not be Hillary. (No US citizen here, so I cant vote anyways)

Hillary was talking about my generation, and my demographic... I don't live in my parents basement but it's not much different. I certainly don't feel bashed, if anything she sounded sympathetic to the issues. Going to college, spending a fortune, and all you get out of it is a lack of opportunity and being told you didn't work hard enough.

Did you read what she said? She wasn't bashing people at all.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
For me it only highlights what I already felt about her: she's more moderate than Obama. That's a good thing. This only increases my respect for her. Last thing I want is a candidate who only wants to hand out cookies and never will admonish anyone or expect the people of this country to do their part. That JFK quote where he says don't ask what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country? That's it. That will be what will win her the election. I think she's been appealing to the far-left for a while, just as Trump was appealing to the far-right. The difference is Trump has no qualifications and no professionalism, so even if he tones down his message Hillary can beat him in her sleep. Of course, I'm assuming voters care about qualifications and professionalism. If they want a circus for a president and care not about credentials then I guess I have to respect that since it's a democracy. But complain I will.

I also wnat to bring up former president GHWB is supporting her. And Laura Bush, GWB's (43rd president) wife, also is outspoken about it. It's not just far-leftists. She's not the wild eyed liberal. The media is to blame because they're, on the whole, liberal and cherry pick. They hide her moderate character--it's implicit bias. They underreport it.

Links:
www.cnn.com - Sources: Bush 41 says he will vote for Clinton...
www.washingtontimes.com - Laura Bush hints she would rather vote for Hillary Clinton than Donald Trump...
edit on 10/1/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

"Some are new to politics completely. They’re children of the Great Recession. And they are living in their parents’ basement," she said. "They feel they got their education and the jobs that are available to them are not at all what they envisioned for themselves. And they don’t see much of a future." Facebook

"And on the other side, there’s just a deep desire to believe that we can have free college, free healthcare, that what we’ve done hasn’t gone far enough, and that we just need to, you know, go as far as, you know, Scandinavia, whatever that means, and half the people don’t know what that means, but it’s something that they deeply feel."

She just called Bernie's supporters a bunch of freeloaders who want to be even bigger freeloaders.

Mitt Romney's 47% is a correct analogy.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: svetlana84

All globalist elites belittle people who don't bow to them. That is exactly what Hillary is all about.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Steak

originally posted by: kruphix

"And on the other side, there’s just a deep desire to believe that we can have free college, free healthcare, that what we’ve done hasn’t gone far enough, and that we just need to, you know, go as far as, you know, Scandinavia, whatever that means, and half the people don’t know what that means, but it’s something that they deeply feel."

She just called Bernie's supporters a bunch of freeloaders who want to be even bigger freeloaders.

Mitt Romney's 47% is a correct analogy.

Yep, but Hillary fans just keep excusing her mocking generalisations. At the same time, if Trump criticises a single person they MAKE it a generalisation in order to bash him.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Hey All You Lazy Bums Living in your Parents Basement ! It's Time to Grow a Pair and Make your Own Mark in this World . You have to Do it Yourself , it's Called Living a Life .
edit on 1-10-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join