It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old lurker upset with how discourse has devolved over the last 2 years.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
I find myself more civil with people I meet in person. More tolerant, more loving.

But I find that here with how blatant people are, how expressive. Granted a few take it to far, but is it not therapy to play with ideas considered taboo in face to face social life.

While the partisanship I see here is ironic considering the culture this site represents, I laugh. I find myself guilty of the game we are supposed to play every four years. I know better and yet I fall into it.

None of what I said is linear, that's because I myself haven't figured out what I am trying to say. Rant on the rant haha.

I hear you though.

If you knew what you were takling about you would know why the site was made and what political way it leans.

Why don't you who seems to know what they are talking about explain to us why the site was made and which way it leans smartass.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Still clinging to the idea there is only two spectrums?

I respect you, I don't know you but I love you. I love humanity, no matter where your family hails from.

That being said I assure you there are so many ways to think there are far more than two. We'll never map how many ways you can think.

Again, peace be upon you, but I am sorry you pick one of two sides, as if we can only choose one of two sides.

That being said, I'll accept if I'm wrong. But deny ignorance should mean don't settle for two BS ideologies. Question everything. I'm not preaching, just venting. Like either side has done sh** for me. Like either side has different donors.

Riddle me that.

Edit: I am watching a Noam Chomsky documentary. And I love it.
edit on 1-10-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   

a reply to: DeathShield

Let's make ATS great again.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

a reply to: reldra

If it did lean it's right.

The site is a conspiracy site.

That is a little dissonance.

Regardless, the lean is not right.

Who cares? You care. I don't want a lean, yet you project one. And your message is you represent the open minded lean, what a joke. Open minded would mean there is no way to define humans or free thought. Yet you are so quick to focus on politics. What a farce.

Tell me the difference between Bush (Cheney was the real pres) and Obama. Spoiler alert, very few donors.

This whole open minded left thing is a fu**ing joke.

You all are only interested in the same corporate pushed agenda as all of politics.

Shame on you. I miss true democracy, talk sh** about Russia, you promote the same fallacies they do.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   

All I see is another rant with someone voicing their opinion,I realize there is free speech,but I hate reading these liberal rants,they all talk about how they feel,big deal be a man life is full of advercity,things don't always go your way,I have a million opinion's but was always told to keep them to yourself,because you know the out come

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
We have a perfect example of the subjects in the OP that has joined us on this thread. Hypocrisy in it's finest...

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

I find myself more civil with people I meet in person. More tolerant, more loving.

But I find that here with how blatant people are, how expressive. Granted a few take it to far, but is it not therapy to play with ideas considered taboo in face to face social life.

While the partisanship I see here is ironic considering the culture this site represents, I laugh. I find myself guilty of the game we are supposed to play every four years. I know better and yet I fall into it.

None of what I said is linear, that's because I myself haven't figured out what I am trying to say. Rant on the rant haha.

I hear you though.

If you knew what you were takling about you would know why the site was made and what political way it leans.

Why don't you who seems to know what they are talking about explain to us why the site was made and which way it leans smartass.

That is easily searchable on here.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I never said 2 of anything.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathShield

Really, copying a Trump slogan for ATS? God help us.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

I hear you though.

That is easily searchable on here.

So you don't know what you're talking about for once? (or the thousandth time...w/e)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: coldkidc
I agree with you but there's always been a segment of trolls & one-liner whiners...they come & go but are unfortunately a part of the reality that is the interwebs

We should all try harder to have intelligent dialogue but it will inevitably devolve in the face of very controversial issues (religion, politics, race...etc.)

I rarely see trolling in here. What I DO see are people with a different opinion to the thread majority being instantly called trolls. Pretty silly

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I agree somewhat with your OP...

Being a member of a conspiracy site is sometimes disappointing because I myself expect more people to understand the truth and deny ignorance especially when it comes to the US elections.

You'd think most of us wouldn't argue over which liar should be in office and understand neither liar will bring about change because they work for Power/Oil and not for the people.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

throwimg your fellow ATSer under the bus

Can you cite examples of this? I may not have been around as long as you, but I have no clue what you're talking about.

It would be against T&C , but i was referring to how people immeadiately delve into thinly veiled personal attacks. A couple of vocal left-wing oriented posters come to mind, but it would be rude ( and against the rules) to give out names.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
To be honest ATS has always been a bit of a cesspit. If it's not the elections, it's militant atheism or people trolling Mars rock threads saying users suffer from Pareidolia.

So, pick your poison.

Fair enough, and i always took that as a given especially in certain forums where professional contrarians dwell. If you dig through my history ( god help you if you do, i am boring) you will find me butting hard with those types. I expect a certain degree of Trollygagging, but the last two years it seems that its all been dialed up by about 20 decibels. Everyone is getting angrier and nastier it seems.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
To be honest ATS has always been a bit of a cesspit. If it's not the elections, it's militant atheism or people trolling Mars rock threads saying users suffer from Pareidolia.

So, pick your poison.

A what? Militant atheism? You are definitely not seeing reality. The reigioon forum is active. I have talked in them. I have talked about being Wiccan.
I have seen no militant atheists.

Well, keep in mind friend: just because you feel like you don't see it doesn't mean it isnt there. I know that is kinda empty sounding, but it really rings true for all of us IMO.

I know exactly what he refers to. One month, it seemed like the Atheist and pagan-trolls were obsessed with selling christians on the " ZOMG. JESUS IS TOTALLY SATAN YOU GUISE." argument/conspiracy. Some of the threads were of a friendly provocative nature, but many had an adversarial tone.
edit on 1-10-2016 by DeathShield because: Galaxy edge is awful.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

A cesspit? Go to GLP and you will find a cesspit. That avatar really sux, too.

Oh the irony...

Thank you for illustrating a key factor in my point.

Again. Take it to youtube or be a gentleman please.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

All I see is another rant with someone voicing their opinion,I realize there is free speech,but I hate reading these liberal rants,they all talk about how they feel,big deal be a man life is full of advercity,things don't always go your way,I have a million opinion's but was always told to keep them to yourself,because you know the out come

Eh? I am only liberal in a Classical sense. If anything i am a right of center libertarian.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Really, copying a Trump slogan for ATS? God help us.

Yes, really. If this is an issue for you, then you are welcome to copy your own candidate of choice. Do you have anything to contribute here besides overt contrarian arguments?

edit on 1-10-2016 by DeathShield because: Spelling, derp.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: coldkidc
I agree with you but there's always been a segment of trolls & one-liner whiners...they come & go but are unfortunately a part of the reality that is the interwebs

We should all try harder to have intelligent dialogue but it will inevitably devolve in the face of very controversial issues (religion, politics, race...etc.)

I rarely see trolling in here. What I DO see are people with a different opinion to the thread majority being instantly called trolls. Pretty silly

Well, yes. That does happen, however, i am not worried about those people. I am more worried about the people who immeadiately jump into others with thought-terminating cliches -I.E. Racist, Sexist, x-phobic- that only serve to stop the conversation. And yes the righties do it too with their own vernacular.

I know you may think you don't personally see it ( i don't know why you wouldn't, but we all have seperate experiences), but it is something that has ALWAYS been here, and with the recent election it has grown beyond Bush-Era lunacy; IMO of course.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

IMO of course.

Nah ... not just yours. You OP seemed pretty well received and the thread was pretty good.

I think you ought'a come out of your shell and join us in expression on a regular basis. Some of the folks who swung the bats the hardest dare ya!!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join