It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a conspiracy website!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

It is a commercial enterprise they have to make money to keep going.
Heck all the folk whining tell you what open your own site If you don't like ATS the way it is.
I like it is is a mix of news fun drama and lots of boxes of mad badgers, it is entertainment.
If anyone thinks us all whining about stuff on the net will get anything done or changed....well it doesn't.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

What conspiracies are best to talk about?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Funny you fail to mention conspiracists that push for profit through media publishing. Ufology for an example. A worthy endeavor take over by snake oil salespersons now more worried about profit and a following.

Does the publishing conspiracist pursuit of profit and market share equate pushing lies for profit?

Conventional media and news making profit is bad?

Publishing conspiracists making a profit equals gospel?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathShield

Amen brother ( or sister? )

I have never seen ATS this divided. I have never seen so many blatantly take the proverbial MSM at face value.

Most of the news pieces on the election and current events are pure trash, and supposed "Skeptics" are eating it up like its the Church Comittee findings.

It is blatantly obvious what has happened here, the same people who believe 9/11 was as advertised, all are voting for Hillary, all of them swallow everything the media says, regardless of what it says it sways them entirely....

None of them believe conspiracies exist but ALL believe Oil companies conspire to make the Earth heat up.

They all believe in whatever the TV tells them to believe, across the board, they all believe that everyone is against them, except the government.

As a whole they swallow popular cultural themes and support the "facts" that only white people are racist.

These people are so robotic and owned and self-hating it is UNBELIEVABLE, and they are going to get exactly the things they want, what was told to them on the Nightly News.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

It's lucky then, that such open minded and truth driven people like you, are here to set them straight

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I agree - the MSM cannot be trusted.

New Poll Shows Only 6% of People Trust The Mainstream Media

Trump wins big.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Well with a Motto : Deny Ignorance

I would say ::

This is a Conspiracy / Debunker/Call out Site

its a Challenge of what is True and whats not Fact or Fiction( Hoax )
Trying to Prove Something .. Right or Wrong until One or the Other is exhausted
from Debating Something ..

Sometimes its a Bait and Switch ! ... Makes you really think at times ...
either to Encourage you to push yourself further , or to make a Fool out of you
and at times BOTH!! from the part of Deny Ignorance..

A.T.S. Has , pretty interesting & Fascinating
Discussions of Solving problems with Teamwork ..
in all different Fields in the Forums ..

But lately
most of what ive been Seeing in Very Stupid #! in the Political Forums
Mostly of ::
The wide Circus Media Entertainment! of the Presidential Election .
Bashing Presidential Electees ... so badly some so Stupid of NO #s to give!!
and Who gives a # !!

Sadly there isn't Much of anything original .anymore
as in.. . ( ATS Member ) individual Own Discovery's or Researches sources
most Threads are from News Sites , reposted here on ATS
and some fight to Post it First.. as I would not call it Above Top Secret..

But I try.. to place some original stuff well ATTEMPTS ANYWAYS

Ufos & Foo Fighters in Pulp Mags before 1950s
www.abovetopsecret.com...

RE-UPDATE- NSA Technical Journal

Alien Ship in Astounding Stories 1936 looks like Apollo 20 AlienShip

The Space Shuttle Buran & Yuri Gagarin

The Magdalene Asylums & Fema Camps, N.D.A. Act & NWO

Alien Technolagy Movies, Books & Comics & The Alien Gray Cube Device

Fake Alien Invasion + Reagan Alien Treat ( Threat ) Speech = The Architects of Fear

Mountain Lions in upstate New York and Coywolves
anyhow ..

I Mostly Seek for:::

ATS Skunk Works
Area 51 or other Facility's
Favorite : Aliens and UFOS
General Conspiracies
Political Conspiracy's ( JFK/RK & Eisenhower )
Cryptozoolagy
Favorite: Ancient & Lost Civilizations
Science & Technology
Fragile Earth
Space Exploration
New World order
US Political madness

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
My advice, as someone who's been here a while now (how did that happen!?) and I know you have too but it never hurts to repeat it:

• Click "forums" and go to the forum focusing on the topics you're interested in, and unless you see something that you find truly compelling on the front page, largely ignore it.
  • Click "new" at least once a day, and peruse the topics there. Many great topics with no stars or flags yet, and at the very least, interesting discussions.
  • Visualize the site as a ball, one which, as it grows, is naturally going to attract more attention from those not on the fringes of thoughts and discussion, and become more and more mainstream over time. It's inevitable, and it is what it is. What makes ATS distinct though is, imo, how well it's moderated, and the VAST history it has in terms of resources you can search through. Some very real, very good information exists on this site if you look for it, and it's an invaluable wellspring of knowledge, at least for us laypersons trying to look into all these things.
  • Remember that every summer, and every political season, all of the things you're lamenting (and I don't disagree with you) are amplified exponentially.
  • Take breaks from the site entirely every now and again.

Things change, and usually when they change, they don't change back again in my experience. "You can never go home again," and all that. We can either roll with the changes and continue to make use of this imo beautiful site, or reach a point where we feel it no longer serves us. That point will be different for everyone naturally, and I wouldn't criticize anyone for feeling it's changed to a degree they find unpalatable. But the above would be my advice.

Peace.
edit on 10/1/2016 by AceWombat04 because: Typos

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
There are a lot of disinfo agents paid by the Clintons and the CIA on this site these days...

They've caught on to our super secret information data base.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Amen!!

I think one of the factors in this is that conspiracy theories have become so mainstream nowadays which has in turn led a lot of ignorant people in here. People don't even attempt to deny ignorance anymore, they just embrace arrogance.
The amount of people openly voting for Bush aka Trump up in here speaks volumes to us that belong to the rest of the planet.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Verse

And Obama and Clinton are not part of the New World Order! What conspiracy site are you on?
edit on 2-10-2016 by neutronflux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Speaking as a "Great Old One." I've noticed all this as well.Recently I've posted a thread on Operation Gladio and was gratified by the responses from posters new and old.As for this election always remember what Twain said:“If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it.”

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: Dan00

It's like this every election, and in between, and always.

I actually can't remember a time there was this much talk about elections on this site. it seems like everyone is loosing their collective minds over this current election cycle.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It is a place to vet stories that the MSM won't touch, we have some really good researchers here, I am ok with posting stories and then them being vetted as either true or untrue perhaps even a hoax.

We learn at faster rate than the MSM audiences, we are ahead of the curve at ATS, but being ahead of the curve sometimes means vetting bogus reports, and that's ok.
But if people get angry just because we are discussing it and trying to verify or deny it, then you are on the wrong website.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

We are supposed to be divided, even here. God forbid we should all agree on something.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Right on, brother/sister!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Sometimes there is no proof. That doesn't make it any less true. JFK for example. It is pretty hard to believe the magic bullet theory. But there is no proof other than common sense that says it was more than one shooter.

People should be free to express their opinions, many grounded in fact despite the absence of evidence, without having someone demand absolute proof and go berserk with ad hom attacks etc. Think about it. If proof was that abundant there would be no theory or conspiracy. There would only be what it and what isn't.

The phrase is "conspiracy theory". Theory being defined as abstract thought or speculation. The bottom line is that squelching abstract thought or speculation in preference to absolute fact is the worst kind of censorship possible - the restriction of free thought. These people who refuse to accept speculation and constantly demand absolute fact are the antithesis of ATS.
edit on 2-10-2016 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Kale7

There's no specific one topic that's best to talk about - We just less often talk about alternative topics.

I'm talking about the front page, the most hits, the most stars, flags, etc. The interest seems to be mainstream topics, to an extreme, at least by the members. I'm sure people that just look up conspiracy on google will run into this site and find interesting topics about 9/11 - And some famous older threads, but right now the front page is mostly covered in the names "Hillary" and "Trump" - Alternative hardly mattering anymore.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

That's where I believe you are wrong.

Someone will post about some alternative topic - And give an alternative news source as a link.

It will be trashed in minutes. Possibly even thrown into the skunkworks, or LOL bin.

We don't talk about alternative stuff as much anymore.

This is a place where opinions and mainstream topics keep the majority satisfied now days.

I bet you I could make a thread saying " Democrats broke this country " give an opinion, and get 40 stars.

Then I could bring up a conspiracy involving global warming, trump, hillary and such and get a bunch of thumbs downs.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

You must have read my last comment. I completely agree.

For a conspiracy website there sure is a lot of discrimination against conspiracy theorists...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join