It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a conspiracy website!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+83 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Above top secret is the name of this site.

What I take that to mean is that we may accept, talk about, discuss, and go over thoughts and ideas that are not accepted in the mainstream. To me it means that everyone else can watch what we here often call faux news, or Clinton news network - but us? We are different. At least we used to be.

Now you can hardly make a thread without a link to one of these news sources without being torn apart. All thoughts and ideas are simply rejected, and sometimes we even use these same news sources to show a person just how wrong they are.

What the hell, people.

One of the most agreed upon and even proven ideas is that the media is full of #. They lie, manipulate data, produce false stories and correct themselves in the most minor way they can - if they are made to. They are funded by and fund corrupt businesses, politicians, the elite. Mainstream media is not meant to be helpful, honest, or anything like that.

It distracts, divides, it manipulates, scares, controls.

But I'm sure you can link me something from CNN saying otherwise and this thread will be derailed.

Slightly upset at a lot of you.

-deadlyhope

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Really, I thought this was a place to discuss things that are real but not supposed to be discussed in the society we live in.

The rest is just BS and misinformation made to steer us in the wrong direction away from the truth.

+2 more 
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Well, the truth lies somewhere between mainstream media news outlets and Joe Six Pack's cousin's friend's little brother who swears he's telling the truth.

We need all perspectives really.

And part of conspiracy is not forcing everybody to agree, but to let them make their own determination after seeing multiple perspectives.

ATS is doing its job.

edit on 30-9-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

link   

You have a really great point, and I am afraid to point out why because the slices that that critical knife cuts are no longer acceptable to point out in polite company.

Thanks for the rant.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Amen.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Yeah, but when debating skeptics who put a great deal of importance into what the MSM claims, I think a MSM link becomes a very powerful tool, when trying to get your point across.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Now you can hardly make a thread without a link to one of these news sources without being torn apart.

The motto is Deny Ignorance.

If you want to discuss speculative ideas that is all well and good. Be mindful that speculation and brainstorming is not the same thing as research, data gathering, and theory building.

If, however, you want to present an idea as reality then you must present facts.

If you don't want your ideas "torn apart" then don't post something so easily refuted.
edit on 30 9 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

If you don't want your ideas "torn apart" then don't post something so easily refuted.

Then that should just take you a couple of minutes, right? If it's that easy.

The general quality of posts in the political forums on the ATS site has been reduced along with the quality of this election cycle.

How's that not true?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Amen brother ( or sister? )

I have never seen ATS this divided. I have never seen so many blatantly take the proverbial MSM at face value.

Most of the news pieces on the election and current events are pure trash, and supposed "Skeptics" are eating it up like its the Church Comittee findings.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathShield

I have never seen ATS this divided.

Can you cite examples of this? I may not have been around as long as you, but I have no clue what you're talking about.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

This is a conspiracy website!

Not during elections here in the US. It becomes the playground and BS parlor of the true believers and pencil necked geeks.
There is also a negative side.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Ah God. You're joking, right?

This election cycle is taking its toll on years-long marriages and friendships.

But it has not impacted ATS?

Okay.

edit on 30-9-2016 by Dan00 because:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Dan00

It's like this every election, and in between, and always.

ATS does not reflect a homogeneous political affiliation of members, nor should it.

I'm either not viewing the right posts, or these rants are hyperbolic.

edit on 30-9-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

AboveTopSecret.com is the Internet's largest and most popular discussion board community dedicated to the intelligent exchange of ideas and debate on a wide range of "alternative topics" such as conspiracies, UFO's, paranormal, secret societies, political scandals, new world order, terrorism, and dozens of related topics on current events, politics, and government wrong-doing with poignant commentary from a diverse mix of users from all over the world

That's the literal description they give of the site. I realize some of that exists still - but rarely are alternative topics accepted in any way because some anchor guy said differently on TV.

Most hot topics of the day are the hottest topics on media sites.

We're very, very mainstream these days for the most part.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

ATS does not reflect a homogeneous political affiliation of members, nor should it.

What does an "homogeneous political affiliation" have to do with the fact that we are divided?

edit on 30-9-2016 by Dan00 because: ???

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I don't know!

I think I'm posting between 2 similar rants that just got created and can't tell which is which anymore!

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I'm friending you immediately.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dan00

I'm friending you immediately.

Well, that's not very divisive.

In fact, why can't we "foe" members anymore?

Those were the good old days.

edit on 1-10-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Here's the problem:

Everyone relies on some form of news media to know what's going on in the world around them to some degree. That's an unavoidable fact of life when you're not an omniscient being.

It's all well and good to go on a rant about the "mainstream media" but the answer isn't to turn to "alternative media" that is demonstrably worse in every way. Many alternative media sources like Infowars are an absolute joke. The whole of the "alternative media" is lousy with fringe far-right hucksters making a living by misinforming people.

This false dichotomy that the "mainstream media" is bad and therefore the "alternative media" is GOOD isn't just a logical fallacy, it's a dangerous delusion that is making more people more ignorant every single day.

EDIT:

Maybe you could list a few sources that you personally find to be good sources of information? Then maybe why you believe that they're trustworthy?
edit on 2016-10-1 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

The general quality of posts in the political forums on the ATS site has been reduced along with the quality of this election cycle.

Facts have never been important in politics.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join