It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A stranger approached me at the gym and asked if I'm in a cult "because I walk/move like it"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Most of the results revolve around one instance, or namely pedos and multiple girls, I'm sure that is the most common case nationwide.

The fact that he did nkt specify, and gave such a bs answer as "you walj like them" is grade a garbage. The guy was a stroke.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Achilles92x
a reply to: ColeYounger

Actually he's in your house.

Hes under your bed! I hear they make flavored pillow cases........

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

No, I did. I mentioned earlier that there are plenty cults in Minnesota. That doesn't explain why he said "I moved like them."

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Lol if I ever see this guy again when the gym is more crowded, I should make eye contact with him and do a weird hand signal against my face from a distance. And if he ever asks me about it again, I'm gonna say he knows I can't answer that.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

OK
I am guessing like most major cities there are several cults
But to be honest I have no idea what this guy may be referring to

I would not be phased next time and ask this guy what the heck he is on about and why he asking

Lots of weird people about with stuff going on in their heads

Sorry I can not halp

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Achilles92x

When I think of cult I think of people who are under strong psychic mind control by the person who is the cult leader so they'd be in kind of a trance-like, detached state but cult may have a different meaning to that guy.

I'd have to see the way you walk and move to try to glean what he meant and that's not going to happen. Is there a friend or sibling who knows you well who can shed light on those aspects?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I was attempting to ask him to explain, even just give a name of one, but he was continually vague

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

OK
personal question

Do you have an abnormal way of walking

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Achilles92xHe will quickly make his way to you, grab your hands in his, and say " I was waiting for you to give the signal that you wanted to hold hands, wanna come in the bathroon with me"?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

While I really don't care about most things in life, I think interacting with or instigating someone with obvious mental issues is a pretty poor idea. Certainly not something I'd toy with. In this day and age, your likely to get more than you bargained for.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Sure sign that he is full of bs. If he had actual knowledge or a desire to carry on a real discussion he wouldn't have been so vague.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

OK
personal question

Do you have an abnormal way of walking

The correct way to ask is..... Do you have feminine qualities pertaining to your gait.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Maybe your right ... I do not know

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Okay, this sounds more like an encounter with a bible thumpin', violent gay hater to me. Thinks being gay is some kind of cult against God, pro Satan; trying to undermine the very fabric of the Lord's work in this nation. That's my take, and I've been hit on by gay people before, none of them would use a code word like cult for gay.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: misterhistory
Okay, this sounds more like an encounter with a bible thumpin', violent gay hater to me. Thinks being gay is some kind of cult against God, pro Satan; trying to undermine the very fabric of the Lord's work in this nation. That's my take, and I've been hit on by gay people before, none of them would use a code word like cult for gay.

I strongly disagree. I honestly don't know where you got any of this from. Even if I were gay (I'm straight), he would have no indication of such. He didn't even mention anything related to homosexuality.

I do agree that the gay people I've met wouldn't ask something like that.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I was not really thinking along those lines lol
I was thinking that something in the way OP walked reminded him of some cult member he knew

Maybe it was the Cult of the Ministry of Silly Walks

Being Gay surely is not a cult

Only one way for Op to find out
Give him a big kiss and pinch his ass

Sorry Op only joking hope you do not mind

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

It could be from your 'walk' which to me indicates something more about sexual orientation from a homophobe. I should know since I have to put up with a homophobic, racist person every day.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Wouldn't let it bother you and take it as it is but can understand your concern. It's a preconceived notion(bordering on or stereotypical) about people-IE in this case as what he said "you just move exactly like them".

What kind of area do you live in, rural town or city, you might deviate from the typical of the area or not but yeah what he posed was uncalled for question. Though, then again what was his tone? Maybe he was curious though sounds like due to that he perceived he was being cautious to even passive aggressive as in "stay away from me".

originally posted by: ColeYounger
If asked again, you could say you were in THE Cult. You played bass in the eraly 80s, till KId Chaos took the job.

Or was in Southern Death Cult(prior band name).

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

sounds like the worst pick up artist in the world.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Nope, I work out at home.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join