It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're not the number one murderers, guess who is?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: introvert

I was being clever, but I guess you could draw a point from it for those who seem to think we are.

No point needed. Obviously, I missed it.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The animal kingdom is a scary one...

My three actual cats are absolutely spoiled by my wife and I and they would eat us in a heartbeat if given the chance...
Heck, their wildness and the fact they share every bone, tendon and muscle as their apex predator cousins make me all the more awed by their greatness...granted they don't have the ability to roar but that would be annoying...

As a cat person I never fail a chance to mention them...all named after characters from Broadway shows I LOVE

Roger Davis(Rent 14X)
Roxie Hart(Chicago 18X)
Hedwig(Neil Patrick Harris 3X)

Anyhow, merekats are obviously not felines but they sound like a-holes like feline domesticus

Also many primates(chimpanzees especially) are notorious murderers...as are polar bears

*****EDIT: my next cat will be named "Ramin Karimloo"....we saw him twice...he's should be listed as a Canadian national treasure...if u aren't awed by pitch perfect humans then life ain't worth living....being pitch perfect is like winning the lottery...sorry to tangentially veer from this topic but hey, I love cats and Broadway

-Chris
edit on 30-9-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-9-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Lion prides will do that, too.

When the dominant male is replaced, those who are spawn of the previous are usually going to die. Disney actually got that right...sort of.

Red of tooth and claw is mama Nature.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Primates statistics are listed in the article

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Yeah but as he said, less lions and in less numbers.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Double meercat
edit on Rpm93016v29201600000045 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I´ve seen this on NatGeoWild, the crux is that even the fear that the puppies might be killed can be enough for the mother to flee and then the puppies get killed by another group because of territorial fights they get into.

a reply to: Rikku
That´s the first post from you in a long time I´ve seen where you actually post something except for the edited tag. And if it´s only a picture.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

#TeamPrimate

Societies, it seems, can modify our killer instincts.

arstechnica.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: butcherguy

Well supposedly a study was done, right? Took me quite a bit to decide what was the right place for this. If wrong sue me!

I was taking your side.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Oh hard to tell on the net. Thought it was sarcasm...

Apparently mods disagreed. Was kinda hoping to put something else up that wasn't election or politics related actually. I tend to use the recent tab a lot which most people do. So was trying to liven it up a bit. Since in general chit chat kinda helps in that goal not one bit.
edit on 9/30/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Oh man. Put one of them on a shirt with, "Guns don't kill, Meercats do."

Bet they would sell though.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

That's an awesome idea!

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Does curiosity kill meerkats?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Strange, but just today my flock of big turkeys, predominantly toms, murdered the biggest Tom today. They all pecked at him, and finally stomped him to death before we could stop them. Turkeys will pick out the weakest member, I just found out. The pecks will come slowly, sporadically at first. Then everyone gangs out into a relentless crescendo of a miserable death for the unfortunate victim of mob violence. Soon the cycle repeats itself, picking a new victim, the next weakest and then the next. So I imagine that eventually you are left with one tom and all those hens to himself with which to perpetuate his DNA. Mother nature really is a bitch.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Yup, nature is not the happy fluffy thing people like to pretend it is.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
They all pecked at him, and finally stomped him to death before we could stop them.

As a yoot, I discovered I could eliminate really nasty tempered hens by drawing a dot on them with a magic marker. The other hens think it's a bug, and go after them. Once the blood starts flowing, the rest of the hens lose it and peck the injured one to death.

Then you can convert them to fried chicken, and they will have known their finest hour.

I'm not sure Mom or Pop ever figured out why hens that pecked me one time too many were set upon by their co-workers, so to speak.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Meerkats will kill every youth born into a group when the dominant male changes. and any baby not belonging to said male, thereafter, is killed.

Dang

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

As a yoot, I discovered I could eliminate really nasty tempered hens by drawing a dot on them with a magic marker. The other hens think it's a bug, and go after them. Once the blood starts flowing, the rest of the hens lose it and peck the injured one to death.

Dang.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
a reply to: Bedlam

Dang.

I see you Dang and raise you.... Dang, Dang, Dang.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join