It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N news agency scrubs tweet calling on Americans abroad to 'end Trump'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Looks like the United Nations is caught up in the U.S. elections bigtime !!

Apparently they Tweeted something about how Americans living abroad should vote against Trump.

Of course they used a common tactic of doing something to get a message out and then deleted it and then claimed it was a simple "mistake" !!

Lots of international triggering this election.

What are they so nervous about anyway?

The United Nations News Centre — the official U.N. news service — tweeted, then quickly pulled, a post that called for "8 million Americans abroad" to "stop Trump."

The tweet, published at 9:14 p.m. ET on Thursday, urged American expats to share a voter registration tool on the website of the activist organization Avaaz that states, "U.S. Citizens abroad could defeat Trump ... if they voted."

The tweet was deleted within 20 minutes, without explanation.

Ari Gaitanis, chief of the U.N. News Services Section, which oversees the twitter account, said it was a mistake.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Apparently they Tweeted something about how Americans living abroad should vote against Trump.

Of course they used a common tactic of doing something to get a message out and then deleted it and then claimed it was a simple "mistake" !!

The United Nations News Centre — the official U.N. news service — tweeted, then quickly pulled, a post that called for "8 million Americans abroad" to "stop Trump."

The tweet, published at 9:14 p.m. ET on Thursday, urged American expats to share a voter registration tool on the website of the activist organization Avaaz that states, "U.S. Citizens abroad could defeat Trump ... if they voted."

Ari Gaitanis, chief of the U.N. News Services Section, which oversees the twitter account, said it was a mistake.

I saw this, this morning. The first thing that popped in my head was, "Even though they deleted it, they still go away with it because now it's going to be plastered all over media". Well played UN, well played.

Think about it... Let's put something on our website. We'll take it down an hour or so later, just long enough for media to see it. When we take it down, we'll claim we didn't do it. Maybe even hackers did it. But.... but.... get this. Our message will be OUT THERE! Because the media will take it and run with it. Muuhahaha Muhahahaha Muhahaha!

I'm also with you. Why the hell all of the fear over Trump? I mean, people claim they will Riot (like they said if Obama didn't win before). They will incite riots. We'll have WWIII (not like Obama and the current Syria issues aren't doing that right this moment). We'll have the worst PoTUS in history that wont live up to his promises (and Hitlery will?).

Man.... I don't know why people are so up in arms over this guy.

Oh wait... I kinda feel the same about Hitlery. If she wins... hell I might just move out.

edit on 30-9-2016 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
And yet another endorsement for Donald Trump.

Man, I really don't want to vote for this guy, but these occurences are pretty much forcing me to do it.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I know, right? It's almost like they're forcing us TO vote for Trump. Kinda like daughters dating guys their family's don't like, just to piss them off! lol

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Oh look, an organization full of corrupt, incompetent, power hungry shills that don't want trump.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So globalists don't like Trump.

Isn't that a good thing?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I would bet that Brexit made the U.N. start sweating profusely.

Now,here comes America looking more and more like it is going to vote Trump into the White House-instead of the rapist enabler and globalist hillary clinton.

The U.N./Soros are collectively screeching and "over filling their Depends" seeing their plans to fundamentally destroy the free world being thwarted before their very eyes.

(forgot to add-as a side note:I got a kick out of thinking about how much of a thorn in the side of the ctr/terrorist apologists on ats your threads are.Keep them coming.)
edit on 30-9-2016 by Picklesneeze because: forgot something

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
U.N... They are scared to lose their cash cow...

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

The more and more the 'elite', piles it on Trump, the more and more I know he's the right person to be the leader of the FREE WORLD

Cheers to president Trump and all the trouble he will bring to the 'elite'

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

The minute he started talking close the border/stop and reverse the flood of illegals and muslim terrorists-my mind was made up.

Nobody had to twist my arm or browbeat me,lol.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I'd say the following 2 quotes sum up nicely why the United Nations dislikes the idea of a Trump presidency.

Mr. Trump had previously questioned the need for the organization, and on Saturday he reiterated his criticism that other NATO countries were “not paying their fair share” in comparison with the United States.

“That means we are protecting them, giving them military protection and other things, and they’re ripping off the United States. And you know what we do? Nothing,” Mr. Trump said at a subdued rally here on the outskirts of Milwaukee. “Either they have to pay up for past deficiencies or they have to get out.”

“And if it breaks up NATO, it breaks up NATO,” he concluded.

“Good luck, folks, enjoy yourself,” he said. “If they fight, that would be terrible, right? But if they do, they do. We can’t be the policemen to the world and have $19 trillion in debt, going up to $21 trillion and we’re sitting on a bubble that’s going to explode and we’re going to all end up you know where.”

NYTimes

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Picklesneeze
a reply to: StallionDuck

The minute he started talking close the border/stop and reverse the flood of illegals and muslim terrorists-my mind was made up.

Nobody had to twist my arm or browbeat me,lol.

Then you might like this bit of Irony

Mexico Is Worried About An Influx Of African And Asian Immigrants

Mexico’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs is concerned about an influx of immigrants into the country from African and Asian countries, according to a report Thursday in El Universal.

“Many of them will have to return to their home countries,” Socorro Flores, undersecretary of Latin America and the Caribbean for the Mexican Foreign Ministry, said to El Universal.
-----
The Mexican government is now trying to deal with this influx of immigrants by setting up shelters and working with the countries of origin of the immigrants on deportations.
-----
These immigrants frequently have the goal of heading to the United States and seeking asylum.

Love the parallels here. Looks like we even treat our illegals better than they do. We give them housing, money, food and jobs and they go no where. In Mexico, they put them up in shelters and send them back!

Oh the irony!

edit on 30-9-2016 by StallionDuck because: Formatting

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Ok. Ill take the bait...

They're scared that Donald Trump will win the Presidency and # up the world situation. (In a nutshell)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

I know, right? It's almost like they're forcing us TO vote for Trump. Kinda like daughters dating guys their family's don't like, just to piss them off! lol

Yes, because electing our leaders with the rationale of a 16 y/o girl is the way to go.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

And yet another endorsement for Donald Trump. Man, I really don't want to vote for this guy, but these occurences are pretty much forcing me to do it.

I send my condolences.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: CigaretteByrnes

Yes, because electing our leaders with the rationale of a 16 y/o girl is the way to go.

Doesn't just apply to 16y/o girls, buddy. Sides... My girls were pretty damn smart at 16.

Personally, I'm tired of all the corn cobb stuffed, uptight suits with no sense of humor and an eye for destroying it's people. Trump is refreshing compared to what I've seen in our 'precious' government over the last ever! I think it's high time for a drastic change and THIS is as drastic as we have available. I'm sick and tired of your snooty know-it-alls who only take this country down, one BS law at a time.

TRUMP for the win!

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CigaretteByrnes

Doesn't just apply to 16y/o girls, buddy. Sides... My girls were pretty damn smart at 16.

Personally, I'm tired of all the corn cobb stuffed, uptight suits with no sense of humor and an eye for destroying it's people. Trump is refreshing compared to what I've seen in our 'precious' government over the last ever! I think it's high time for a drastic change and THIS is as drastic as we have available. I'm sick and tired of your snooty know-it-alls who only take this country down, one BS law at a time.

TRUMP for the win!

Thanks for replying!

I get that people are fed up. But analyzing stuff from the outside here, it's obvious Trump supporters love their country, no doubt - but they seem to be willing to gamble on their country, all in. If your ideal scenario (destroy, build again) doesn't work out, are you ready to lose the bet? Seems weird to take a chance on someone you love like that, eh?

Now it's way too late to consider a 3rd party seriously. It's all or nothing now!

(Sorry for butchering the gambling analogy
)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: CigaretteByrnes

I hear ya brother. But....

If we let Hitlery win, then we're gambling all the same. Personally I fear for her being in the WH more than I fear Trump's actions. You see, for me, I rather the average Joe in the WH. I want someone who truly represents the people. I want some guy off the street there because he knows more and understands more, not from a silver spoon standard but from an actual "I lived this normal life of people" so he can represent that normal life of people. Someone who goes through what we go through every day as the little guy, as the homeowner, as the tax payer, as the hard worker, the guy that's been to his fair share of bars and is familiar as to why we all go to bars to drink our sorrows away or various other reasons.

To me.. Trump is the closest we have. Sure, he's been a rich kid since the start but he isn't a government stiff. He's not a lawyer either. We don't know exactly what we're getting but that makes it all the more worth it. With Hitlery, we know exactly what we're getting and that's dangerous in my opinion. With Trump, we're at least getting the sense that someone is listening and he must at least a little because he's talking about the exact issues we're screaming about.

However, another plus is... If he fails miserably then the next guy will seriously have to raise the bar and maybe THAT guy might be worth something for a change.

One can only hope. That's kind of all we have right now.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
What amuses me is all the liberal minded people I know that swear Trump is owned by Putin, and the Russians are deep in trying to control the Election... but the UN takes a public stance, or other country politicians all speaking out against trump and thats ok...

Makes me want to drink... I think I will go find some whiskey.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
M'eh. Mistake, intentional, partisan employee. Don't care. I do have a question though. When expats vote to where are they added to? Their last US address?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join