It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some characters I create end up becoming real. Psychic ability or demonic haunting?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
This happened to me since I was a little kid and while it doesn't happen often it still happens. Even my oldest characters sometimes pop up and in rare cases they will notice me and try to talk with me.

For example back before I got to know my cousin I thought he was a dark and not so kind man, but he is actually really kind and chill. Sometimes, that dark version of my cousin has appeared/I will encounter him, and I will feel frightened.
This normally happens while I'm asleep, like I phase into another dimension where these characters all live. Even my villains act all nice around me, completely out of character and treat me like I'm their boss or king. The encounters will only last a few minutes and then I'll wake up and everything's normal.

Also in this place, my mother is very abusive and yells at me a lot. These encounters are also disturbing. It's like the good people in my life turn evil, and the villain characters I create, act angelic. I saw my best friend Bill except he was very angry and his eyes were glowing red. He tried to hit me in the face when I saw him. It's so surreal that the feeling of confusion will last for days, at times. I'll feel uneasy for weeks around the normal versions of said people.

The major thing I'm concerned about here is if I will get physically harmed, or maybe even killed. I have no control over what I encounter. This is a more frightening than amusing situation. I've stayed awake for up to 6 days (my current record) just to avoid this. I've considered suicide at some times because it is scaring me so much.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but most everyone here is an adult. If you want to make up stories then there is an entire forum for that. If you really believe anything you have posted in the last week, you should seriously consider getting some psychiatric help. I do not intend to be mean, but this community is about denying ignorance and not promoting fantasy.

a reply to: 1MisterLeonard1

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I think , therefore it is
Me

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Also in this place, my mother is very abusive and yells at me a lot. These encounters are also disturbing. It's like the good people in my life turn evil, and the villain characters I create, act angelic. I saw my best friend Bill except he was very angry and his eyes were glowing red. He tried to hit me in the face when I saw him. It's so surreal that the feeling of confusion will last for days, at times. I'll feel uneasy for weeks around the normal versions of said people.

The major thing I'm concerned about here is if I will get physically harmed, or maybe even killed. I have no control over what I encounter. This is a more frightening than amusing situation. I've stayed awake for up to 6 days (my current record) just to avoid this. I've considered suicide at some times because it is scaring me so much.

Your being shown these characters real natures, be glad for the insight, not frightened. You can't be injured by what you are being shown in your dreams. Lots of disagreement about that.

But think about it, does any actual physical harm come to you? Are you injured when you wake up after your friend punches you?

I have dreams of getting shot and falling, whatever, but I'm not injured or in pain. They are just dreams. Go with them.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

''You can't be injured by what you are being shown in your dreams. Lots of disagreement about that. ''

scientific sources where people are made to dream of a situation where they're injured say otherwise.
And so far, I've managed to avoid harm. I have quick reactions and ducked when the messed up version of my 'friend' tried to punch me.
edit on 30-9-2016 by 1MisterLeonard1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I am not making things up. I'm concerned for my health and life here.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

If you are? A conspiracy forum is not the place. Fantasies as such should be addressed by a Doctor....not us

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

How do you know they are fantasies? I KNOW what I experienced.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

You're trolling and pretty bad at it. Your stories lack credibility. Most of us here have seen and experienced real woo, others read enough to tell report from story. I have seen all your threads and even if they would have been in the short story forum I would have said that you need to do more research.
Clue 1, your tone, you sound like you're selling something, not looking for explanations or answers.
Clue 2, your titles always seem to be a bait and sound much more interesting than the content turns out.
Clue 3, if all the things you claim to have happened to you would be true, you'd be much less coherent and restrained.

I hacked your BabyCam.

edit on 30-9-2016 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I find this fascinating. Though it makes some people uncomfortable, some of us have very rich "inner" lives. I do not think you need to worry about bad things happening to you in waking reality because of your dreams. I used to worry about this in my own way, but looking back, no harm has ever actually befallen me. Still, I get why it concerns you. Try to tap into your feelings of invincibility, and then face all characters "knowing" they can't harm you. If you can't control characters reactions in dream or waking life (I certainly can't) then just face them because it's far better than running and usually will resolve the fear and thus the menace.

When I was young I used to dream Freddy Kruger was chasing me sometimes. He'd always know where I was no matter how clever my hiding spot. Finally, I became so tired of being afraid and running that I jumped out a second story window in order to kill myself. I woke as I hit the ground. After that I decided I wasn't going to run, but turn and face anyone chasing me. I've since had very few dreams of being chased (can't recall any in decades). And in the few where I am being menaced, when I turn to face the perp, they diminish in size, or charge into something almost laughable.

(post by imsoconfused removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: imsoconfused

Drug support talk will get you banned.

Ts and Cs.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This guy, "1MisterLeonard1" claims that he gets physical injurys from dreams, That he can manipulate reality by "creating" people, warping to alternate realities, that his soul is harrasing him with memories of past lives... etc etc.

He is either the next evolution of humanity, and can alter reality with his mind, or just a storyteller, or he is schizophrenic and needs a clinical review.

Occams razor points to him being superhuman, however I strongly recommend getting that clinical review, and be sure to print up your posts here to review them with the Dr.
edit on 30 by AshFan because: spelling

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1MisterLeonard1

Go see a Dr. please. describe your symptoms. It is possible that one of your personalities, or demon souls, is taking over when you sleep and hurting you.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Clue 3, if all the things you claim to have happened to you would be true, you'd be much less coherent and restrained.

Just read some of my posts about demons and such hahaha..

some woo gets so woo you go to your ex gf house for a week and hide.. and she sees what you look like and doesn't ask any questions, even though you are scaring her hahahaha.. She always had a special talent of protecting me, very grounding. I'm a freaking lightning rod.

@1MisterLeonard1

have you read about tulpas? Or thought forms? Go ahead research those.

And everyone has a shadow side to them, and generally the bad you notice in others is likely to be something you don't like about yourself that you would like to change, so you are shown this in dreams, where youa re basically inside your own subconscious. You don't know you don't like these things about yourself.. it's a subconscious awareness.

Tulpa.info

What is a tulpa?

A tulpa is an entity created in the mind, acting independently of, and parallel to your own consciousness.

Shadow self

In Jungian psychology, the shadow or "shadow aspect" may refer to (1) an unconscious aspect of the personality which the conscious ego does not identify in itself.

Carl Jung stated the shadow to be the unknown dark side of the personality.[4][5] According to Jung, the shadow, in being instinctive and irrational, is prone to psychological projection, in which a perceived personal inferiority is recognised as a perceived moral deficiency in someone else.

edit on 30-9-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

And so far, I've managed to avoid harm. I have quick reactions and ducked when the messed up version of my 'friend' tried to punch me.

Next time you wake up with a black eye, let me know.

A lot of our dreams are our minds working things out that bother us.

If we are raised by abusive parents that can become a role model that we seek out later in life, forming the abusive relationships because thats what we know. I think its neat the way your mind is working, telling you this while you sleep.

Don't trip too much, learn to embrace the lessons in our dreams.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I've heard similar situations happen from time to time. There was a German monk who developed a method of cleansing. It was a five part procedure, but sadly I remember only the last step. It was to banish the demons by holding your feet in cool water for several minutes before sleep. I have not tried it out, but the girl who told me that story had similar issues and now she is totally fine. This reminds me to call her soon, we've been no getting in touch for months. Hope you do find something to help you.

edit on 30-9-2016 by Argentbenign because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1MisterLeonard1

If you are truly worried about your health/life, protocol would be to alert the authorities. I too am worried about your health. The right thing to do is to get the professionals involved. If you truly believe what you say, then i will assume that you are a danger to yourself and that you are harming yourself. The claims you are making could very well put the admin under an obligation to report. Nobody here is mad at you, we just don't want one of our own to come to any harm.

edit on 30-9-2016 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-9-2016 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Strong resistance to people, places, things ( a persons character ) may well show in a dream. Admiring negative things neutralizes them (positive-to-negative) admiring positive things strengthens them (positive-to-positive) Resisting positive things neutralizes them (negative-to-positive) resisting negative things strengthens them (negative-to-negative.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join