It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Chicago a murder capital? Clues from a bloody month.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
What’s needed in the black community is a moral, spiritual and ethical renaissance

And in fact soon the white community will need similar as things are going

One or two more generations white experience will be just as bad

Black experience is the canary in the coal mine.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Denoli

The military turning its attention on US citizens would be a very, very bloody ordeal.

so no change there then

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
It won’t happen though because the social disease in America that afflicts black experience AND WHITE EXPERIENCE ( ALL EXPERIENCE) is too thick with the dross of ignorance, apathy, materialism, hedonism and self-love and a lack of desire for truth. In fact there are too few philosophers, seekers after truth or genuine spiritual endeavors in this country that could produce the persons who could lead this renaissance.

So we'll just keep blindly wandering on until…

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

The answer ain't , hey give everyone a gun !

There we go again.

" Why, over there in America, the government hands out guns, just like candy!"

WTF?

No they just let you, buy nearly any gun you want ,or just buy off the criminals .

The point is , if they ain't there , they can't be used !

What about national service ?

I bet that would cut crime right down .

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Yeah, right after they use that gun to kill a few people, then the cops have to find them and we all know how well gangs co operate with police or the neighbors who saw it will run right to the cops. Yes, that's sarcasm.

IF they get caught with one. How many criminals are walking around right now with guns and have been for years and never been caught? Do my family and I just walk around defenseless in the mean time?
Sorry. Not giving up my guns till I get rock solid, 100% proof the bad guys don't have one either. Or that they can't get one from the black market. Or steal one.
See the problem? You want to start the "solution" by making helpless victims out of the innocent, law abiding gun owner.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I have to agree, you take people's guns away, and stabbings will be on the rise. Taking the guns away is not going to stop people from killing each other. People will find another way.

I think you need to look at what a gang member thinks they are going to achieve by joining a gang: respect, acceptance, fear, security & protection (from other gang members, safety in numbers) and "easy" monetary gain. What we as a society need to do is figure out HOW we make these things achievable for ALL.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
What’s needed in the black community is a moral, spiritual and ethical renaissance

And in fact soon the white community will need similar as things are going

One or two more generations white experience will be just as bad

Black experience is the canary in the coal mine.

I think a change in thinking won't hurt.

But you cannot change thinking without changing environment. The US Government is the enemy of the people.

They shuffled the proud FIrst Nation peoples off to reservations. When it came time to address the injustice of black people, they changed the name from "reservation" to "housing project". Then started sending our felons, mental patients, and sex offenders to live with them.

Social service is like a baited hook. At least, when its Uncle Sams pockets we go fishing in.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli

The military turning its attention on US citizens would be a very, very bloody ordeal.

so no change there then

Silly hyperbole is a lousy stand in for logic.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: imsoconfused
a reply to: 727Sky

I wonder why these black lives dont matter enough to protest in the street?

The black community, as it were, as it is, is sick like under a spell of darkness by dark powers and evil. They will rush to burn ect when a white cop and now black cops kill a black person and trip over 20 dead from black on black without even noticing

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

No they just let you, buy nearly any gun you want ,or just buy off the criminals .

Wrong again.
If you follow the law (we actually have a lot of laws regarding guns), you have to pass a background check to buy a gun. Many jurisdictions have waiting periods.

If you buy from a criminal (obviously being a criminal act in itself) you are not being 'let' to do it by the government.

Have you ever bought a gun in the US.... legally or otherwise?
Or...
Are you just making this # up?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Government created the Great Society. The Great Society made it an economic disadvantage to have a daddy in the house to keep an intact family. Families dissolved. Young men growing fatherless got into gangs for the rules and discipline as much as the easy money. The gangs replaced daddy and teach young boys how to be men. Of course, it's a very skewed model of masculinity and one that's completely incompatible with success and a long-lived life ... but who's counting?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The question was about murder, not guns. And as for stats, here are all of them:

heyjackass.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I'll go with making snip up. When you have to explain how our laws work, or how you legally obtain a firearm, you are either dealing with a foreigner or someone ignorant of our ways.

When it's the latter, 95% of the time the conversation is futile, as they don't want educated. They just want to spew their ignorance and hyperbole.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Yeah, I get all that, I just didn't get all emotional about it. I wasn't trying to justify anything.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
i think we should stop looking at this as a problem in the black community or the latino community we should start looking at this as a problem in the american community, this is happening in america to americans. if we look at it as an american problem as opposed to an inner city or gang problem perhaps we could all have more empathy for those embattled in the trenches as opposed to blaming them for their own problems and telling them to solve it themselves.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Generational poverty goes hand in hand with alcohol addiction, drug addiction, violence, and crime.

Cram all those type of people into "ghetto" areas, with "ghetto" quality schools, "ghetto" quality slumlords, "ghetto" quality employers, and "ghetto" quality political representation....

What the hell do you expect the end results to be ?!

That these people are somehow magically going to not have "ghetto" mentalities ?!

Every single human being on the planet is a product of their environment in one way, shape, or form... Some manage to change their stars and get out alive, but most do not.

So the mathematical solution to the problematic equation is simply this:

Stop cramming these type of people into the same environmental conditions... generation after generation after generation after generation.

edit on 30-9-2016 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
Generational poverty goes hand in hand with alcohol addiction, drug addiction, and crime.

Cram all those type of people into "ghetto" areas, with "ghetto" quality schools, "ghetto" quality slumlords, "ghetto" quality employers, and "ghetto" quality political representation....

That these people are somehow magically going to not have "ghetto" mentalities ?!

Every single human being on the planet is a product of their environment in one way, shape, or form... Some manage to change their stars and get out alive, but most do not.

Stop cramming these type of people into the same environmental conditions... generation after generation after generation after generation.

Dont forget ghetto quality neighbors.

A lady i work with, single mom, and I were talking about this today. She lives in a housing project, as she is a proud mother trying to raise her kids. All she wants is to find a house so that she doesn't have to have her kids living in that environment. Here, its not the felons insomuch as the mental patients.

Point being: we made sure our kids had stability in every facet of their life. In such a chaotic environment, that must be incredibly hard. Especially for a single mom just trying to give her 3 kids the best start she can.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
2/75th Ranger Batt on an urban pacification sweep, shoot them when engaged, door to door for weapons security.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
2/75th Ranger Batt on an urban pacification sweep, shoot them when engaged, door to door for weapons security.

Seriously? You think US Soldiers would go door to door on US citizens?

What about the homes without criminals? You know, the whole 1% concept....only 1% of the population are actually killers....what do you do about the other 99%?

BTW, there is a good reason I distrust our military as much as our police: when you ask a carpenter how to fix a problem, they always want to use their hammer.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
Generational poverty goes hand in hand with alcohol addiction, drug addiction, and crime.

Dont forget ghetto quality neighbors.

A lady i work with, single mom, and I were talking about this today. She lives in a housing project, as she is a proud mother trying to raise her kids. All she wants is to find a house so that she doesn't have to have her kids living in that environment. Here, its not the felons insomuch as the mental patients.

Point being: we made sure our kids had stability in every facet of their life. In such a chaotic environment, that must be incredibly hard. Especially for a single mom just trying to give her 3 kids the best start she can.

Exactly.

Spread out the low income housing across the country into decent neighbourhoods, rural communities, etc. so that these people can see a better quality of life firsthand, thus giving their kids a fighting chance to not inherit the "ghetto" lifestyle and mentality.

At the same time, ensure that the public education system (especially the curriculum) is exactly the same nationally across the board, no matter what state/city/town/area it's in. To give each and every kid going to school the same education... thus giving them the same opportunities to carry that same high quality education forward with them wherever they go.

Shoving everybody into "ghetto" areas in the hopes that out-of-sight-out-of-mind will somehow make it all quietly go away is ridiculously delusional.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join