It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Chicago a murder capital? Clues from a bloody month.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
America you have a gun problem and sadly there does not seem to be an easy answer . If Hillary was to try take your guns away it would be lip service . There are way to many illegal guns out there and it would be impossible to get them all . And spare me the crap arguments about conceal carry owners stopping the violence . From what i found in a very short time Chicago has better than double the rate of gun murders than Australia has total murders a year . You have a problem and i dont have an answer but hopefully you can come up with one .

We don't have a gun problem. We have gross mismanagement of poverty clashing with a human atrocity for a criminal justice system.

Guns are things. Its people....people have problems. And the solution is addressing people. Not things. I live in the middle of the country near the border with Mexico. Guns are what I use to keep the people with problems from bringing those problems to me.

ETA: actually, ill go one step further here....and i have said this before too.

Our federal government has 3 tasks: protecting our currency, protecting our economy/markets, and protecting our borders. They do ZERO of these things to any effect. To cover this up they use band aids, which are only making the problems worse. One of their tasks is not providing for the indigent of America. yet we have broad expansive social assistance programs that, in the end, only hold people down. Not offer them a hand up (or the much maligned hand out....as if people worth having circulating in society would actually be happy living such a life).

Meanwhile, people call for gun control to deal with these urban problems, and undercut my ability to try to overcome one of the 3 huge failings of my federal government.

edit on 9/30/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: imsoconfused
a reply to: 727Sky

I wonder why these black lives dont matter enough to protest in the street?

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if the mom blames "white society" for her son's death.

It's sad. Everyone has a choice. Regardless of your ethnicity or background. Plenty of kids grow up in Chicago and have successful lives. No magical "white privilege" or "white society" makes decisions for these kids. This one even had a parent that cared and tried to help.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

We don't have a gun problem

You sure .

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

We don't have a gun problem

You sure .

Im absolutely certain. There hasn't been a shooting in my hometown in years, unless you count the federal officer wrongfully shooting someone else a few years back.

Throughout my day ill interact with a few hundred people, more than half of which are carrying a gun concealed on them somewhere. Same as me. None of us have ever shot one another in the hundreds of interactions. Even when we disgree strongly with one another.

Its not guns. Its people.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

So your saying guns arent a problem . OK .

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Yup.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Nope, firearms are not a problem. The people using them for crime are the problem.

I, like millions of people just like me, have quite a collection of firearms and will never use them in crime related activities. Where's is the problem with lawful firearm ownership?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Chicago's violence problem is not unique to Chicago. The stats are consistent in pretty much any major or even smaller city with any substantial low income black population. The violence for the most part is contained to this demographic.

The real question is why is this particular demographic so prone to violence. I think a large part of it has to do with a cultural failing in the black community that has accepted out of wedlock births as normal. In addition, there is also an unhealthy fascination with criminal street culture. All one has to do is look at the state of hip hop today and see how this mentality is promoted. Between the constant deification of thugs, lack of family role models to counter - especially working fathers who actually live in the home, poor schools, and lack of jobs it isn't a surprise as to why these ghettos are so violent. The state of the black community today can be laid on the lap of progressive liberal Democrats who promoted the break up of the family with their War on Poverty policies that effectively took the black man out of the home.

To summarize, you basically have hordes of young black men who for the lack of a better word are like packs of feral kids straight out of Lord of the Flies. I drive through Austin (the most violent Chicago neighborhood) daily. It is literally like Mogadishu. Looks like a third world sh*thole. Blocks and blocks of nothing but unemploy(able) young black men hanging on corners doing nothing but hustling.

The Chicago problem is unique in the sense that gang culture is very much apart of Chicago. Chicago has more gangs than any other city. The city destroyed a lot of the public housing and dispersed the residents all over the city, many into rival gang territories. In addition, the Feds basically cut the heads off the older gang members who at least provided some structure and accountability. Now you basically just have a bunch of feral kids beefing with kids on other blocks killing each other over twitter and facebook beefs.

Go look up some of the beefs on youtube between the young hip hop artist who rep Black Disciples vs Gangsta Disciples. It would be down right hilarious if it weren't so sad to see these teenagers on social media warring with each other and resulting deaths. It is literally like some Monty Python skit in some ways it is so illogical.

Check out Rappers Fredo Santana, Lil reese, Rondo Numba Nine, lil Jo Jo, Chief Keef videos or go to Dj Akademic youtube page and see the fascinating reporting he does on this buffoonery.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Like i said in my original reply you are way past gun control fixing the problem . Quick question . When was the last time someone in America was shot with a hand pistol .

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I posted in the Obama National Guard Chicago thread last night, so I'll keep it brief here..

With two random murders yesterday of people driving on the expressway, the total is 41 this year. That is sad, and should scare every visitor and tourist to the city.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

a reply to: KawRider9

Like i said in my original reply you are way past gun control fixing the problem . Quick question . When was the last time someone in America was shot with a hand pistol .

Like others have said it is not the weapon but the people who want to commit the mayhem

FBI: Nearly Three Times More People Stabbed to Death Than Killed With Rifles, Shotguns Combined

FBI: Twice as Many Killed with Bare Hands than Rifles in 2015

www.breitbart.com...
www.breitbart.com...
edit on 727thk16 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Killing with your bare hands is so easy even a mother can do it

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
That's the problem there !

Guns ain't a problem ?

What an idiot !

Guns are a problem , and you ain't gonna tackle the problem, until you admit to it !

Hey ,if the uk had a problem with guns !
The answer ain't , hey give everyone a gun !

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

So....we develop laws that send home owners to prison for protecting their lives and property? That send those people to jail for longer sentences than the criminal who broke in to their home?
If you want to deter crime, you don't coddle the criminals and persecute the good guys.

Let's say that right this very minute, there is a gun ban in America. How many of those gang bangers do you think will give their's up? How many law abiding gun owners will? You would see millions of guns turned in by honest citizens and almost none by criminals. Now what do you have? A country where only the bad guys are armed and the average citizen is a helpless victim, with no way to fight back. I live in a small town where many of us carry concealed and you know how many shooting there have been?...None.
Now, take the same size population in a gang controlled area of Chicago and how many shootings are there?
Guns don't get up and shoot people on their own. It's the person who has the gun that makes the difference.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: imsoconfused
a reply to: 727Sky

I wonder why these black lives dont matter enough to protest in the street?

Black lives only matter when it's the police who shoot them. BLM is pretty much a black version of the Mafia. They want black people to hate the police, because that makes sure their thugs are able to get away with robbing and killing people. The well-being of the black community is the furthest thing from their minds.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Emasculation and being beholden to authority just ain't my thing.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Well somethings got to break the cycle ,maybe handover all weapons and whoever gets caught gets life in jail , no parole .

Get the army in and sorry your own # instead of tearing up every other country !

Baffles me that your army is tearing other countries apart , when yours is getting torn apart .

reply to: DAVID64

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

The answer ain't , hey give everyone a gun !

There we go again.

" Why, over there in America, the government hands out guns, just like candy!"

WTF?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

The military turning its attention on US citizens would be a very, very bloody ordeal.

We have more prisoners, both in raw numbers and per capita, than any other nation in the world. Do you mean to tell me you have thought your responses here through? At all?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
BLM and the civil rights black intellectuals who want to not apply reality to black experience just the reality of racial discrimination are now the enemies of black people.

They have become no longer freedom fighters but in fact complicit in the social disease destroying many black communities.

Their symptom is ego and pride not intelligence and love

They love black people only when they die by the hands of white people. That's a strange form of love to say the least.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join