It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Chicago a murder capital? Clues from a bloody month.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I thought I would post this article about the killings going on in Chicago that explains some of the reasons for the headlines. To say much of the deaths are senseless and just plain young gang member stupidity would be an understatement. That might have sounded harsh for in the hood if you ain't part of a gang who is gonna protect your back..?

CHICAGO (AP) — Fourteen-year-old Malik Causey loved the way gangs took what they wanted from people on the street, the way members fought for each other, the way they could turn drugs into cash and cash into $400 jeans.

His mother tried to stop him. She yanked him out of houses where he didn't belong. She cooked up a story about Malik punching her so the police would lock him up to keep him safe for a while.

Then on Aug. 21, Monique Causey woke to discover that her son had sneaked out of the house. Before she could find him, someone ended his life with a bullet to the back of his head a few blocks away.

A mother trying to protect her son while all around are doing gang stuff is a very large up hill battle..... Most of the deaths are young black men with ages ranging from teens to early 20s; prime gang affiliation for membership drives. The police know of at least 1400 others who might end up the same way (dead) due to their gang memberships and multiple arrest records.

Abner Garcia was born into the gang-dominated Back of the Yards neighborhood and knew what could happen to him. He joined the Army after high school, then upon his discharge volunteered at a YMCA program to help young men steer clear of gangs.

On Aug. 13, he was driving down the street when someone inside a van flashed gang signs at him, according to police. Words were exchanged before someone in the van shot Garcia in the head.

In Chicago's deadliest neighborhoods, a young man can be assumed to be in a rival gang just by being there.

Just by being there you can be a target...
It is not all gang members being killed as the article list several others who were in the wrong place at the wrong time if they wanted to live...

newsletter.thaivisa.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I wonder why these black lives dont matter enough to protest in the street?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
its like a war and the soldiers are the gang members. the gang bangers have guns and they are not afraid to use them, it's a kill or be killed wild west mentality in some sections of the city.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: imsoconfused

I wonder why these black lives dont matter enough to protest in the street?

Because black lives only matter in a controversial situation. The group is a joke looking for attention.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
its like a war and the soldiers are the gang members. the gang bangers have guns and they are not afraid to use them, it's a kill or be killed wild west mentality in some sections of the city.

The old west was never that wild. Shootouts were far rarer back in the "wild west".

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
The gangs are patriarchal tribes that function through violence.
Why aren't feminist groups putting a stop to them?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
The big question is, why America "keep arming the gangs and criminals", people who should not have guns ?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
The sad thing is these MEN , ( facepalm )
Are having kids aswell .

The BLM should be down in these cities !
Instead of the race hating .

I mean they make out every black murder was done by a white man !

When really there just looking for someone to blame for there own # .

If I was a cop I wouldn't leave a lot to chance .

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

Perhaps they (BLM activists) keep their distance because they know the danger.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I only know what I read on ATS about the situation in Chicago. Obviously the reports are sad. It's a shame that voices for peace in violence-ridden places aren't louder in such a time of need. It's such a senseless waste. Who's going to step up and start the changes that need to be made?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInitial

I only know what I read on ATS about the situation in Chicago. Obviously the reports are sad. It's a shame that voices for peace in violence-ridden places aren't louder in such a time of need. It's such a senseless waste. Who's going to step up and start the changes that need to be made?

No known father figure in the house, No money unless it is with drugs and gangs. No escape because they are uneducated in many cases and or dropped out of a sorry unruly school... no future they can see.... and the tribal instinct is strong for no other reason than survival.

Unfortunately the time to stop much of this has long passed... When there were jobs there was less crime in all of the major cities but as the jobs were exported there was a vacuum created that was readily filled by the cartels and the drug pushers.. Pretty simple really in some ways IMO..

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInitial

So?
It's only right to protest the deaths of Blacks when it's safe? BLM is a racist bunch of cowards, whose only goal is to get money, attention and sympathy. If they actually went where Black people are dying every day, they wouldn't be able to whine on Twitter about their unfair treatment.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
The big question is, why America "keep arming the gangs and criminals", people who should not have guns ?

I have yet to see a government program that provides free 'guns' to people that should not have them.
The people that should not have them get them through illegal means.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

No, the big question is, why doesn't America enforce our current laws to their fullest extent?

2,3 and four time convicted felons committing more felonies is a serious problem that isn't getting fixed. Start there!

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I talk about this quite a bit. Felons don't have great job prospects or credit ratings, and often end up on subsidized housing. And sex offenders find precious few places that will rent to them. So you have some of our finest citizens living in the same housing projects we try to put poor families to raise their kids.

to be honest, i'd be shocked if it didn't result in a race to the bottom within that population. No parent in their right mind would want to raise their kids in a dense population center full of convicted felons and sex offenders. But that is what we do with the poor people in big cities. And then scratch our heads wondering why theres trouble in paradise.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
America you have a gun problem and sadly there does not seem to be an easy answer . If Hillary was to try take your guns away it would be lip service . There are way to many illegal guns out there and it would be impossible to get them all . And spare me the crap arguments about conceal carry owners stopping the violence . From what i found in a very short time Chicago has better than double the rate of gun murders than Australia has total murders a year . You have a problem and i dont have an answer but hopefully you can come up with one .

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

that's a stupid question, my God man...are you daft....America is not arming them, their games and preponderance to be uninhibited by the thought process

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Well, actually, the state of Illinois has only had concealed carry for about 3 years now. This is crime in neighborhoods run by gangs. When concealed carry was finally made legal in this state, violent crime went down. The last thing a criminal wants to face, is an armed victim, so yes, it has made a difference. The surge you are seeing, is just this year and has far more causes than just guns.

downtrend.com...

Since the beginning of the year, crime in Chicago is down – way down. The Washington Times is reporting that robberies are down 20 percent, burglary is down 20 percent, motor vehicle theft is down 26 percent and homicides are at the lowest levels in 56 years.

wanted to add this is from 2015
edit on 30-9-2016 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Below is stats for Chicago from wiki . Pretty hard to draw a argument for CC . And this year the number goes up . My reply was based on Chicago not Illinois as a whole .

2008: 513 2009: 459 2010: 436 2011: 435 2012: 516 2013: 441 2014: 432 . 2015: 492

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: DAVID64

Below is stats for Chicago from wiki . Pretty hard to draw a argument for CC . And this year the number goes up . My reply was based on Chicago not Illinois as a whole .

2008: 513 2009: 459 2010: 436 2011: 435 2012: 516 2013: 441 2014: 432 . 2015: 492

Read this and it will give you an idea of how difficult it is to legally carry a concealed firearm in Chicago. Illinois is not the same.
Know before you carry pdf.
Chicago Tribune
edit on b000000302016-09-30T09:40:37-05:0009America/ChicagoFri, 30 Sep 2016 09:40:37 -0500900000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join