It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good and Evil seem equality seductive...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
This might be kinda a strange post.

But...

it's late....

I'm working on getting buzzed...

And this is ATS, so whatever....

I'm putting it in this forum because I seriously doubt that anyone else will get any of this, but perhaps some of you who have some kind of spiritual background like I do. I've seen a bit of both camps. Mostly Christianity. But also some of the other side lets just say. And What I find bizzare is that they both seem to have some kind of bizzare supernatural spiritual draw to them.

Like the dark side of the force is just as seductive as the light. Mostly in terms of just a supernatural presence or force that can sort of invade your spirit and try and draw you to there corner. I just think that's so strange.

But now I days I sort of tend to feel like I don't care about either camp all that much. God is too hard to understand. He might not even hear you for all that matters. And even if he does it's like an ant talking to a person, the person can't hear the ant. We're too small to get any creators attention. So it's hardly worth the efford. Then the other camp, I just don't trust. It's too risky and too dangerous to venture down that road to try and see if you can get any supernatural assistance. Plus even if you could it's still not worth it. As they're all most likely slated for a bad ride in the end. I don't want to be part of that.

I use to have this saying it was like this: "there's only 2 beings you can trust, you and God, that's it." But I sort of changed it. Now it's more like "there's only one being you can trust and rely on, that's you". Because anything else out there just can't be relied on for help in life. Which is really sad. Especially when you're sort of brought up believing that there's supernatureal help out there. There isn't. Oh there's probably a God or something out there but if or when you'll get any help from that force is few and far between. They either have bigger issues to deal with an your just not that important, or else we're in some kind of clock work world that's been abandoned by the creator a long time ago and unattended to. So your prayers just don't get heard.

But ya I just think that any cosmic forces out there really can't be relied on for anything. Meanwhile they try and seduce you into their camps, or worship them. But if we do we're not suppose to expect or get anything in return. It's just such a joke.

Anyway that's what I think so what do you think?
edit on 30-9-2016 by bigpatato because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: bigpatato

I have always been attracted to "good". I can't even be evil in video games. I just feel too dirty even trying to be evil and don't find it at all appealing.

Maybe it is like a spectrum and I am at one end and you are more in the middle?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

I'm putting it in this forum because I seriously doubt that anyone else will get any of this, but perhaps some of you who have some kind of spiritual background like I do. I've seen a bit of both camps. Mostly Christianity.

But also some of the other side lets just say. And What I find bizzare is that they both seem to have some kind of bizzare supernatural spiritual draw to them.

the other "side"?

i can't help but wonder what shape that might be

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Well I'm talking about satanism vs God. I believe those are those 2 powers that govern the universe. And we're caught up in the middle of it all. Like satan is not in hell (yet) as people tend to think. Even the bible says he's in the world, with his demons (fallen angels). I think that's most likely true. He's altimately behind the nwo agenda.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   

fair enough..

Lets call these "powers" good and evil...

Who defines said qualities?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   

My relationship with (what I understand as) the creator has changed a lot throughout my life, and I expect it to keep changing. I'm not religious in the churchgoing sense, but I have my own ways of "worshipping", and I see this practice as anything but futile.

I don't know what to make of it all: heaven & hell, angels & demons, salvation & sin, the narrative of Jesus. Not to mention countless other faiths. As someone interested in the craft of storytelling & human history in general, I take interest in the Bible. However, I can't bring myself to take religion very seriously. So when I talk about God it is not in the exact sense you may be. I don't think Christianity has a monopoly on God.

I have zero interest in converting the "non-believer". I can't claim to provide rock-solid, scientific proof for my beliefs. But I still believe that God is on my side - that he/she/it/they guide me through life if I'm willing to listen. In my case, that hasn't always meant life has been great or easy or that I always "get what I want". In fact, in some ways, it rarely has been.

Not sure if this helps your discussion, just my two cents.
edit on 30-9-2016 by MiddleInitial because: Edit to add

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInitial

Your actions are admirable. That is the way i feel spirituality should be exercised.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I appreciate your kind words, Jin.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I just don't know what to think about this anymore. For all I know, religion could have created the Devil for scare tactics or something like that. Maybe the Devil created religion to mislead people from the truth. Maybe, as Bill Hicks said, it's just a ride and we're worrying too much about it all. Who knows? Now, as contradictory as it seems, I don't know why, but I believe in Jesus Christ as son of the Creator God and saviour of my soul, not in a sense of saving me from hell, but reconnecting me to God. But I don't believe in 90% of what is written in the Bible. Does that make me a christian? Yeah, I'm a spiritual mess, I know...

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInitial

My relationship with (what I understand as) the creator has changed a lot throughout my life, and I expect it to keep changing. I'm not religious in the churchgoing sense, but I have my own ways of "worshipping", and I see this practice as anything but futile.

I don't know what to make of it all: heaven & hell, angels & demons, salvation & sin, the narrative of Jesus. Not to mention countless other faiths. As someone interested in the craft of storytelling & human history in general, I take interest in the Bible. However, I can't bring myself to take religion very seriously. So when I talk about God it is not in the exact sense you may be. I don't think Christianity has a monopoly on God.

I have zero interest in converting the "non-believer". I can't claim to provide rock-solid, scientific proof for my beliefs. But I still believe that God is on my side - that he/she/it/they guide me through life if I'm willing to listen. In my case, that hasn't always meant life has been great or easy or that I always "get what I want". In fact, in some ways, it rarely has been.

Not sure if this helps your discussion, just my two cents.

I'm kinda the same way. I guess I started to realize that it's possible not all is as we're told it is. Because I realized one thing. "We don't really know what's out there". I believe in a God and a Devil. I"m pretty sure they're both sides out there. But to put a face or a name on either is a bit difficult. As to Christians haven't a monopoly on God, again they say they do, but even as someone who grew up as a Christian it's again very hard to say for sure. I just take very little at face value anymore. You can't believe humans are evil and you're constantly being lied to in every direction you turn. No one's telling the truth. Those that claim they are, just claim it. They don't really know for sure. it's impossible to know for sure. Ya i think God has been with me and is helping me. But I just am unsure half the time where it's all going to. I think the older you get the more you're able to see through so much BS out there. And the more skeptical you get about all kinds of propaganda that's out there to brainwash and control the masses. so it really becomes hard to know what is the honest truth. We won't even really know for sure until we're dead most likely.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raven_Heart
I just don't know what to think about this anymore. For all I know, religion could have created the Devil for scare tactics or something like that. Maybe the Devil created religion to mislead people from the truth. Maybe, as Bill Hicks said, it's just a ride and we're worrying too much about it all. Who knows? Now, as contradictory as it seems, I don't know why, but I believe in Jesus Christ as son of the Creator God and saviour of my soul, not in a sense of saving me from hell, but reconnecting me to God. But I don't believe in 90% of what is written in the Bible. Does that make me a christian? Yeah, I'm a spiritual mess, I know...

I'm about the same. But how can we believe any of history. It's ALL FAKE!!! Like seriously, any history book you read is only about 1 / 3 true. Like many the names, and dates and places. But the actual events and reasons to why things happened; more often than not are fake. Like Germany being so evil in WW2 etc etc. Thats' so fake. Those books were written by the winning teams. it's propaganda. You can't believe very much of it. It's written and approved by TPTB. Who are essencially ultimately owned and operated by Satan himself. So ya the bottom line is this: if someone tells you this is how history went down, it's a lie.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

One's belief in God is intimately personal.I know many well intentioned members of different Faiths, who have found peace in their belief systems.Reflecting spiritually on our relationship to God, it can be looked at as a journey into one's own psyche.

In a sense God getting to understand God, can be viewed as one's personal relationship to the Divine.I feel that sacred texts, and the messages of the prophets are meant to help one bring out the Good in our hearts.The Bible and other Holy Books portray the relationship of man to their concept of the Divine, and highlight the challenges and that are overcome as one grow's spiritually.

As a force, the Tao comes to mind.I feel that the stories of individuals spiritual struggles and stories of the small g gods, put an emphasis on the different virtues seeded in our conscience and how to bring them out.In the face of adversity, ways to overcome.It's an inner battle that takes place each day, as one faces the pains of the past and the uncertainties of the future.Others have been down those roads, and hopefully what has been passed down helps to inspire us now a days to see the light in the darkness.

Practicing the virtues, and reaching for our higher potential invites one to have hope and in a better future while covering their bases against the unexpected.I feel that those who go into the 'dark side' are at a disadvantage in their journey.I believe that purity of intention and the practice of making a better world for those around us is beneficial.I feel that this can help turn the tide by enlisting the help of our subconscious minds in our day to day living.

I don't think the virtues play favorites, and that the gravity they add to one's actions can be enlisted by all.

That being said, I feel that those who practice using the 'dark side of the force' will sooner or later have to face a reckoning as they seek ego gratification and carnal indulgence.Imbalance here, even blinds individuals to recognizing others who have already tread that ground.I don't think one's service to self subconscious could get behind selfish motivations the same way service, as a service to others type invites growth on all levels...

new topics

top topics

join