It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darkthrone Iconoclast Fenriz Is a Reluctant Politician

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
This has to be the funniest political story I have ever read: Norwegian metal drummer Fenriz, longtime friend of some of the black metal musicians who committed all kinds of mischief and mayhem in the early 1990s (including church burnings), is now a town leader of sorts.

I've been listening to Darkthrone for a long time. They're pretty diverse, raw, and heavy. To most folks, the metal lifestyle seems out of place with being a pillar of the community, so I guess a lot of people are shocked to find one of Darkthrone's members (there are only two of them now), Fenriz, has been elected to the position of - well, I don't know, exactly, but he's now a local politician. From what he says, it sounds like he's a substitute local councilman.

In this interview, he mainly gives information on Darkthrone's new album as well as his other various musical activities. He talks about being elected toward the end of the interview. The thing is, he didn't want to get elected, and now he's displeased with the entire affair.

He loves his cat, though. And his new lawn. I tell ya, America needs more Norway.

Darkthrone Iconoclast Fenriz Is a Reluctant Politician

new topics

join