It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan threatens to DESTROY India with nuclear bomb

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

PAKISTAN’S Defence Minister has threatened to “destroy” India – after India said on Thursday it had carried out “surgical strikes” on suspected militants preparing to infiltrate from Pakistan-ruled Kashmir.

The strikes, which were a response to shots fired across the de facto border through the disputed Himalayan territory, could lead to a military escalation between the two nuclear-armed neighbours – risking a ceasefire agreed in 2003.
Pakistan threatens to DESTROY India with nuclear bomb as atomic enemies edge to the brink of war

I've never heard this kind of talk outside of North Korea. Since it isn't coming from North Korea, should we be concerned?

Here's an aspect of this that many may miss:

As of 2013, India has 21 nuclear reactors in operation in 7 nuclear power plants, having an installed capacity of 5780 MWand producing a total of 30,292.91 GWh of electricity while 6 more reactors are under construction and are expected to generate an additional 4,300 MW.
LINK

If Pakistan destroys India, we're talking about seven Fukushima disasters. If the areas around the nuclear reactors are uninhabitable, that's an extinction level event. Just listen to Michio Kaku.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 29-9-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

From your source .

Responding to India’s latest strikes, Defence Minister Khawaja Asif said: “We will destroy India if it dares to impose war on us.

So they talking about if India starts a war . I am sure both sides are aware of what the other is capable of . Lets hope cooler heads prevail .

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

should we be concerned?

No, I mean we cant do anything about it. Back to my Seinfeld re-runs.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Itll be interesting to watch this...And scary as heck potentially. That's crazy talk ive never heard before.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Have you seen the rhetoric between the US and Russia? I don't think there has been a gap further than five years since WWII that it wasn't at least implied the idea of nukes from one side or the other. Kind of like two guys constantly reminding one another that something swings between their legs. Rhetoric at its finest.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
the ensuing curry plume will envelop the earth and destroy us all.
They must be stopped.
perhaps a camping trip to cool off?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Yeah but you're suggesting that it's more than just the usual rhetoric.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

This is Islam again. just so everyone knows..

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

I tried to find it, but I failed. I'll state it just to see if anyone else remembers what I'm talking about.

But I want to say in '91, we were talking down to Russia, and they said don't forget we could emp you with one nuke.

Either way mutually assured destruction is still in effect, for US vs Russia and India and Pakistan.

These remarks are made to look like you have a backbone, when in reality it's made when you can't use logic to win.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheFlyOnTheWall

Seems to make the threat more real huh?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: imsoconfused

Yea, remember how terrorism is worst than it was in the eighties?

Edit: it's not.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Silly! Radical Islam represents Allah and Mohammed,

And India is Hindu! Completely different. -.-

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: imsoconfused

Seems to make the threat more real huh?

damn rights. They're in almost every effen country fighting a war somewhere.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Pakistan isn't.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Yea, remember how terrorism is worst than it was in the eighties?

Edit: it's not.

I grew up in the 80s.. Yeah it is.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

You're acting like nuclear war is science fiction. Nuclear war almost happened once completely by accident. All you need is a lunatic to give the wrong order at the wrong time, and it all goes haywire. You're assuming that everyone involved is sane and reasonable.

On September 26, 1983, just three weeks after the Soviet military had shot down Korean Air Lines Flight 007, Petrov was the duty officer at the command center for the Oko nuclear early-warning system when the system reported that a missile, followed by another one and then up to five more, were being launched from the United States. Petrov judged the report to be a false alarm, and his decision is credited with having prevented an erroneous retaliatory nuclear attack on the United States and its NATO allies that could have resulted in large-scale nuclear war. Investigation later confirmed that the satellite warning system had indeed malfunctioned.
LINK

Soviet officer saves world from Armageddon - Cold War unknown facts

www.youtube.com...
edit on 30-9-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

link   

i grew up in the 70's and there's always been terrorism. They even killed Olympic athletes 'during' the Olympics.

link   

Because the damage to our global population and ecosystem would be so great, the U.S. and Russia need to strike Pakistan's launch-points with conventional missiles, if it becomes clear that Pakistan is serious about nuking India. That's a no-brainer.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Impossible.

Pakistan is an islamic country and islam is the religion of peace.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

i grew up in the 70's and there's always been terrorism. They even killed Olympic athletes 'during' the Olympics.

Always been terrorism yes. But it has been worse since 9/11 worldwide. And Isis is about the worst ever.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join