It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposal For An "Invite A New Member" Function. What Say You?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I was putting the world to rights with a new friend the other day and mentioned this site as a fantastic place to discuss some of the things we felt so strongly about. I ran into a few brick walls with him and felt it would be good if he tried his hand among the many minds of ATS under the influence of our oh-so-important site motto.

I sent him a link to the site by email and this got me to thinking....how about an "invite" function available on the site so we can invite the people we know and meet to join us here. Something more "ATS" than a boring email.

A message sent with links to forums (logos would be good) that could be of interest and a choice of invite text (friend, adversary, comical, etc) would be a personal touch and help eliminate some of the spam mail factor.

Including the sender's username would tempt the new visitor/member to get straight into discussion with their new ATS friend and feel part of the community as soon as they sign up.

A few clicks and the typing of an email address (multiple?) and we can expand our membership and deny a little more ignorance in the world. Also a great way to bring our likeminded friends out there to the subjects we enjoy in here.

example (links shown in blue):

------------

Hi [email protected],

Nerbot, would like to invite you to join us here at Abovetopsecret.com to discuss some of the things they know you are interested in.

Here are some forums they have recommended to get you started:

(logo) forum 1 title
(logo) forum 2 title
(logo) forum 3 title
(logo) forum 4 title

Click on any of the forum logos, your friend's username or the site homepage above to join us.

We hope to see you soon, Nerbot and The Abovetopsecret team.

------------------

This is a personal invite from any ATS member and could be to anyone, anywhere, anytime. A function that could perhaps bring a huge initial boost to the ranks and aimed at those we feel would benefit from being a part of something special.

Good idea, fun idea, bad idea, waste of time idea or just plain stoopid?

Cheers.
edit on 29/9/2016 by nerbot because: changed stuff

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I like it. They still need to know they have to register (some people seem to think this is a mountain to climb) and the forums can only be the ones where you don;t need so many posts to post in.
edit on 29-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

I don't know anyone I'd recommend this site to.

"Conspiracies", "Top Secret"? The whole label is misleading, invoking in most a twilight zone theme. It takes a special character and mind set to gravitate towards this kind of discourse on their own. No need to lead them to water, they come looking on their own.

Heres to the lunatic fringe, the seekers of truth, the people who question authority and their 'crazy' ideas.
edit on 29-9-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
I like it. They still need to know they have to register (some people seem to think this is a mountain to climb) and the forums can only be the ones where you don;t need so many posts to post in.

Only available forums should be in the list for the sender to select when preparing the invite and getting someone straight into the subjects they like would help the signing up possibility.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I don't know anyone I'd recommend this site to.

So if you're out and about and have a discussion with someone who is hard work, wouldn't it be nice to have your faithful army of ignorance deniers at hand to put that person straight? Imagine the next time you saw them?...lol

Also, the whole concept can be tailored to the person you invite, conspiracy or movies or absolutely anything our forums cover. It's not all wacko unless you go there.
edit on 29/9/2016 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

So if you're out and about and have a discussion with someone who is hard work, wouldn't it be nice to have your faithful army of ignorance deniers at hand to put that person straight?

I don't push on people in the real world about 'stuff'. They can believe what they want. Not really in the convert business.

Unless they ask, thats different. Been a long time since anyone said hey, what about that JFK, UFO, endless war, corruption in hi places, spooks and spirits, thing going on?

I'd fall over if anyone I know asked me anything about that.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

So if you're out and about and have a discussion with someone who is hard work, wouldn't it be nice to have your faithful army of ignorance deniers at hand to put that person straight?

I don't push on people in the real world about 'stuff'. They can believe what they want. Not really in the convert business.

Unless they ask, thats different. Been a long time since anyone said hey, what about that JFK, UFO, endless war, corruption in hi places, spooks and spirits, thing going on?

I'd fall over if anyone I know asked me anything about that.

You read the OP. If you aren;t interested in inviting people you know or may run into, it is sort of useless just to say why you would not.

It might be good for the site, even if you don't want to. It is a good idea to grow the site.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I actually recommend this site to quite a few people. Even the ones you wouldn't think are the image of a CT.
A lot of my skeptic friends I think would love to talk facts etc... here, and hell maybe they'll even get a spark of CT in their hearts depending on what they see.

This website is a fantastic forum for discussions of all kinds.

I'd love to see some kind of official referral process here.

-Alee

edit on 9/30/2016 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I like it. When I mention to people what sites I frequent and they seem interested it would be nice to send out an invite.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

It might be good for the site, even if you don't want to. It is a good idea to grow the site.

I wan the truth to grow. I believe it will over time, because people get tired of the lies and need to hear an alternative. Not that the struggle to vet the truth isn't just as fierce here. But at last here, there are still two sides to the issue being presented. Unlike the brain dead ever denialistic main stream.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Lol 😂 that first line was hilarious

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

This is a great way to shift the ownership of growing a email subscription list quickly and legally lol

Nice idea if your followers would trust you enough to do that!

Crazy Out O.o

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crazyivo
a reply to: intrptr

Lol 😂 that first line was hilarious

Hey Carazyivo, welcome to the site. To clarify, I meant nobody I know, real world. I live in Murica, my neighbors are like me, self centered and arrogant.

They are too busy defending their little corner of the dream to question anything.

Your case is different, you're already here. Enjoy the show!

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Following up...

Attendance here is waning. How many people you invite since that last comment?

new topics

top topics

join