It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nicknames, Have one? and Why?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Could be your avatar or screen name has to do with childhood nicknames. I was just curious to know about some of your stories regarding the who and why? There is, also, another aspect I tied into this thread that has to do with reincarnation. I think there are many phobias and habits that I have that have no real foundation from my current life.

I believe we are reincarnated and with that belief comes another belief, that we do bring memories and imprints, if you will, from our past incarnations. I, also, happen to believe that these incarnations are a part of the growth of our souls and are not relegated to just human experiences, but animal as well. Heck I think we have experienced many different lives in many different dimensions too, along with other completely different types of civilizations.

Which leads to another question for you, is it possible the reason that many of us are so certain, me especially, that there are in fact, even without being able to offer proof of such claim, other outer worldly species? Is it possible that reincarnation has played a role in this belief system? Of course, it is not required to believe reincarnation exists in order to believe we are not alone in the vastness of this Universe or computer program as I have seen put forth before.

So many questions to answer and so little time to ponder them, but alas, in my down time that is what I find myself doing, searching for answers to the puzzles and mysteries of life.

Did you have a nickname when you were growing up and did it stick with you in your adult years? Who gave you the nickname and why? Were you happy with it or the reason why? Do you find it humorous now but didn't then?

Some are names of affection and some are insulting, mine, was one of affection and maybe a little insulting, if pretending to fly is considered stupid.

When I was a kid I used to climb up on the counter in the kitchen and jump off pretending I could fly, maybe just the whimsical fantasy of a some little boys, but I have no idea why I did this, then or now!

I have scars from hitting the floor or counter and busting my chin or lip or head or mouth and needing stitches many times. LOL! For some reason it did not stop me from trying often and to the amusement and chagrin of my parents, but they gave me a nickname that stuck for years to come, BIRD!

Yes, I was simply called BIRD for many years! And there you have it, I have an affinity for birds that goes along with it and I often wonder if this is because I was a bird in another lifetime, possibly, there are many things we do not understand about reincarnation that might explain many of the things we do or feel or are afraid of in this life.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Well I guess I got mine because in a past life I was a bad man and brought Doom to all.
I may have been Pedro the Cruel of Castile or some other dastardly villain making up for it now so next life I'm gonna be taller.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
Well I guess I got mine because in a past life I was a bad man and brought Doom to all.
I may have been Pedro the Cruel of Castile or some other dastardly villain making up for it now so next life I'm gonna be taller.

Or, it could be a case of doing the ironic thing and giving you a nickname opposite of what the name is, kinda like calling a fat guy 'Skinny'.

Maybe you were Princess Polly the Pretty of Plymouth.

edit on 29-9-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer because Barstar Lumberjerk drank it all

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

If only

Oddly enough only today I was in a Tutu pretending to be a fairy.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

'Pretending'.

Too funny.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
When i was a kid: Tiny, because i was the biggest kid in any school i ever went to

As an adult: Canales is what has been going round the last 3 years. Its a spanish last name that is kind of a play on my real last name. I work with a strange lady that gives out nicknames to everyone. Mine, this dude named james (who we all call cliff now) had ours actually stick.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Okay I did enjoy it.

Funny thing reincarnation we all think we may have been someone important when I think I have been a peasant a serf a mud carrier and general dogsbody.
Nowts changed hopefully I will skip human next round and go monkey or racoon or something better.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
Nowts changed hopefully I will skip human next round and go monkey or racoon or something better.

Please come back as a feral hog so your next nickname will be 'Wild Boar Tastes Delicious'.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
"the iron cat" (translated) because I was very good at climbing stuff(trees, barns, roofes) and doing it very supple. Was into kickboxing too, hence the tag "iron".

Haha I nearly wrote " the irony cat", there is no english translation to the word "eiserne", that would give it funny meaning

edit on 29-9-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I'm the desperado....

one of our short film teasers....

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Of course it would not be allowed in today's PC world, but when I was in the service one of the guys in my company had the blackest skin you have ever seen. I mean, there is "black," which normally is a version of brown with quite a lot of orange in it, but this guy was REALLY Black. So, of course, we called him "Snowflake." He was a righteous dude. Everyone liked him.
edit on 9/29/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

hahaha, one of my Battle buddies in basic was Snowball. He was the whitest dude ever and a little pudgy.

I was crazy eyes..

Franky munez.. OMG if you had seen the guy his nickname was understandable..

My M16 was the virgin.. Her pins were so tight she was hard to get into without extra oil..

hahaha

oh me..

I've been called eagle eye (used to have 20-10 vision) human calculator (used to be good at math in my head)
Now I feel blind and dumb lol

so just call me

Reverbs!

Reverberating through the cosmic echo station.

Wait I just remembered my most recent..

no joke..

Ginger snaps!

hahahaha no clue about that one.
edit on 29-9-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Oh in school last grade a math teacher nicknamed me "potency king" and it sticked for a while... get the drift?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
A short list of my favorite nicknames for people i know

- the lady that gives weird nicknames calls this dude named Graham, "Graham-a-lam-a-ding-dong"
- This dude that i know (he's friends with my best friend) is called "Foo Foo" by people he can't beat up. His mom called him that once and it was overheard by some of his friends
- similarly, i went to school with a kid whose mom had vanity plates that said "Pooky". So we called him that.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I'm always giving people, places and, sometimes, things nicknames out of affection. In fact I never had a pet that was still called it's original name by the time it died. I even have a nickname for my hubby's favorite cheese, which is horribly offensive.

I do get that it can be annoying to some. LOL! Sorry.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I don't call anyone their real names. My last boss turned into scottie do and scottie don't depending on his mood hahaha..

scottie scottie do where are you, we have some angry patrons..

LOL

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

My nick name is nick, it is short for nick name. At least that is what my dad told me.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
I even have a nickname for my hubby's favorite cheese, which is horribly offensive.

Tell us, sharing is caring.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I've had a number of nick names.

Growing up, my parents called me, "Adopted".

As a young man, young women called me, "Go Away I Have A Restraining Order"

Now? I think it's, "Annoying Old Bastard".

I always preferred, "Kitten".

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I've only really had one nickname given to me....

'Bathroom tagger'

Don't get drunk and have sex on the bathroom floor... with an audience....

If it does happen, make sure it's your girlfriend, otherwise hell ensues... and lots of pain...

particularly in the groin... from an angry knee...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join