It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would like some advice

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

The question should be something objective like your address or your SSN.

If you had the chance to ask 1 questions, with the belief that it will be answered no matter what, you would choose to ask your own address or SSN?

Crazy imagination you have there dude

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Google might help BUT:

Ogam (OG-am in Old Irish)/Ogham (Oh-em, in modern Irish) is an alphabet which is similar to runes (not related), which some pagans use for divinatory means. I dink around with it, but I'm a skeptic.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

No there is in certain dialects of english the meaning of "prey on or hunt for food".

I've dealt with these "psychics" in the pagan community (and associated New Agers who sniff around) and the majority are predators. They make a living from this. Jaded? Yeah.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I wonder if psychics go see other psychics?

That was funny!
And if two psychics have an argument, I suppose to say "You're such a know-it-all!" is not an insult.

Ok, I thought of a question to think. Go there wanting to hear the name of a pet, especially if it's an unusual name.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

how about if I want to know if [name of pet] is there waiting for me across the Rainbow Bridge?

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

originally posted by: Woodcarver

The question should be something objective like your address or your SSN.

If you had the chance to ask 1 questions, with the belief that it will be answered no matter what, you would choose to ask your own address or SSN?

Crazy imagination you have there dude
Right?

It's like the genie from the bottle telling you that you get one wish.....

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

edit on 10/3/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: nm

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Yes I read the link, in New Zealand, the term predate has been used to denote "prey on or hunt for food". Like I said, dialects. New Zealand English, is closer to Queens English, than US English). Read the entire link, all the way down.

Viz

v prey on or hunt for
“These mammals predate certain eggs”
Synonyms:
prey, raven
Type of:
forage
wander and feed

Moving on. It is a usage of the word. You do not use it that way, I and others do.

I reiterate that these psychics prey upon those who are gullible, or vulnerable. You don't find the strong (emotionally, and mentally, hopefully physical health too) members of the community so easily taken in. You find the desperate. These are the same people who ask for "love spells to find true love", and "What is Grandma doing in the afterlife".

For the record, I'm not a Wiccan, I'm Paganachd and druí but I've never been a Wiccan.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I like that question. Especially if the name is not the typical pet name. "Oh, yes, Fido will be up there with tail wagging!"

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

I reiterate that these psychics prey upon those who are gullible, or vulnerable. You don't find the strong (emotionally, and mentally, hopefully physical health too) members of the community so easily taken in. You find the desperate. These are the same people who ask for "love spells to find true love", and "What is Grandma doing in the afterlife".

For the record, I'm not a Wiccan, I'm Paganachd and druí but I've never been a Wiccan.

Okay! Well, that's very interesting info, and I thank you for sharing it.

While I know who you are saying is "easily taken in" ---- I thought I had made it clear that I'm not that person, and would prefer that the topic be discussed in light of that.

Also, I'm not "desperate." And, I know about how people prey on others, selling "spells" or whatever. "Candles" or "herbal sachets" or what-have-you that are comprised of dried herbs that were planted during new moon and harvested at the eclipse etc and so on and so forth.

I know about that stuff.
I also know about sales....and vulnerability, and gauging the energy level, venue, and seasonal facts.....

Anyway. Please rest assured that I'm not a naive victim lamb being sent into the wolf's den. No. Why would I have made this thread if I was that innocent and gullible?

*sigh*

Could you offer some advice now? Please, after having been reassured that I'm not a "likely victim" or 'vulnerable innocent' being "predated upon" by some charlatan.....could you address the question from that different POV?

Because, actually, actually! I believe there is something to it all, and that there are genuine sensitives who are not pretenders. I might be wrong. I'm considering handing over $5. I'm attempting to figure out whether it's worth my five and/or my energy.....

you see?

I hope so.

edit on 10/3/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

Right?!!! Perhaps that's a subliminal reason of why I give my pets distinctive and eccentric names, that mean something relevant to them personally.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Flashback! Flashback! As kids, my sister and I loved the "I Love Lucy" show, still do, and one episode was where Lucy held a seance for a man who wanted to know about his dear, departed Tilly. Of course, Lucy assumed he wanted to get in touch with his dead wife, but in the end it turned out that Tilly was his dog! The seance scene is hilarious!

You know, Buzzy, I'm rather excited about this entertaining experiment. I think this thread will run pages when you return to report.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I thought I had made it clear, I have a distaste for predators on the whole. I'm not talking about you, being taken in. I am talking about the meat and potatoes, or is tofu and spinnach of these "psychics" who suck the blood of the community?

I believe we have a disconnect going on.

Ok advice: I am actually good on that, but I don't offer it much, unlike information.

Can you afford $5? If not. Don't give it up (I know you said you can, its a general statement).
Energy? Depends on you. I follow a path of the warrior, so I like conflict, something like that gives me energy, and purpose. For you? You know you.

So ask yourself "what am I really doing here?"

I'm an open minded skeptic. SO I believe in (a kind of) magic ....sorry Queen fan. In seriousness, I believe that it is possible to tap into these things. My Ogam readings on occasion give me answers, that I have no way of knowing. Sadly most of these are months later where I go "well sh..... that was what was up, what do you know?".

What actually sets my predator radar off is the "off her meds" comments you have made. In modern society that is a couple of possibilities.
(a) A Story to bring the punters in.
(b) People who are abusing someones mental health for gain (while it is "only $5, I know Tarot readers who call in readings for about that, and it lets them have nice things, so multiply $5 by tens of people and .... )
(c) They are scinceer, but is it good for the psychic?

I can't answer that for you, you probably will not find out either. But ponder that

Speaking as a warrior, a Druid, and strangely as a Scientist. While you don't feed the vermin, you do entice them in with food.

So it comes back too ... what do you want out of this? Do you want to see a "real Psychic" (tm) up close? Confirm suspicions of shenanigans, what? No need to answer this. Rather it is what I do when I am doing something silly/dangerous (I've done security work, I do martial arts including live steel fighting). I clear my mind, and get a laser focus.

Good luck, keep me in the loop

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Thanks! I'm thinking you'd be another source with whom to confer.

Awesome. Thanks again.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

No worries, I actually try to be helpful, when asked, or someone is new. Your not the latter so ....

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I seriously appreciate your input!

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I bet everybody will be eager to meet that woman if she gives the answer to your secret question.

I have to confess that I have dabbled in fortune-telling myself but only for friends and their friends- and for free.

Even though I was initially negative about that particular psychic in the OP, I believe that there are talented ones. It is not a sin or a waste of time to seek one; it is all part of the quest. Time is an illusion and therefore we should all be interested in experimenting with it.

As for my own fortune-telling abilities , they have been reliable. I only help when a serious matter is being considered. I do not have the talent to guess a question but can generally spot a problem.

I have a successful career in finance and I have yet to come across someone who is a fortune-teller and has a financial career. They seem very contrasting occupations , but are they ?

edit on 3-10-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Go for it.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

originally posted by: JimNasium

The tattoo is of a dragonfly to cover the scar from Your kidney operation...
So much wrong.

That was Your "free reading" I didn't see any contributions to My PayPal™ account so I provided the 'stab in the dark reading'... hahahahaha

Do the $5.00 in dimes and when She gets flustered You say "Ha, I knew it..." This way She 'may' give You a deal for 'professional courtesy'..

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Up to you, don't know how credible the psychic is but $5 is to low. I wouldn't go for it personally.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join