It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would like some advice

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

The answer is: Lighter fluid.
But I don't know the question. Freebie then, I guess.

But seriously: here are some sample questions.

I would be curious to know in what way Saturn is associated with the axis-mundi, and does that relationship have relevance to our current time.
edit on 29-9-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
How much wood, could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

A wood chuck would chuck as much wood as a wood chuck could chuck wood. Clearly.
edit on 30-9-2016 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   

for $5 what could possibly go wrong?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

What do you need a psychic for? What is it you need to know?

Dude. It's a secret question.

If I tell you, it's no longer a secret. I'm not going to tell anyone. If she's really a psychic, she'll know what my question is, or at least what it pertains to.

edit on 9/30/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

That's what Mr Wigs said, too - like a math puzzle. A "word problem" regarding math. But that to me seems like a waste of a question. He can already figure it. My question is something more personal.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Maybe my question is "should I offer psychic readings for $5"?

LOL!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Good point.....but I don't really think ANYONE can answer the question unless they are really psychic

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

If you look at going to a $5 "psychic" as nothing but entertaining fun/experience, then, hey, it's your money to do with what you want. Just be careful s/he doesn't suck you in for any further readings/advice.

OTOH if you really want an answer to something specific, there are people out there who have an ability to give answers, but they often don't advertise. If you ask around your community, at some point you'll probably get a quiet answer as to someone's friend or relative who would be happy to give you an answer. ..... lol I had an acquaintance for years before I knew that she had a gift. And she shared with me two other women I knew but never knew they had abilities.

Sometimes OTOH we search for answers when the answers are around us. It's not always an easy answer.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: desert

That's what this person is. An itinerant psychic. I don't know her, she doesn't advertise. She just happens to be in the vicinity for a few days. Like a traveling gypsy fortune teller type of thing.

She has a reputation and has been doing her thing for years and years and years....
it's not an advertisement, or an online offer, or otherwise someone who is trying to snooker innocent people out of $5. She doesn't hawk or solicit customers. She just waits for them to come to her.

This person has been recommended to me by friends, but on third-hand info. One of them said she proved so uncannily accurate that it 'scared' his wife. So, I don't think she's just a shyster, really......
and I do think some people have the gift.

It's more of a curse than a "gift" for those people....in many cases. If this woman is willing to go off her meds to allow her gift to benefit herself and others, then maybe she's legit. Don't forget, I am something of am empath myself, and it will be an interesting 'meeting' either way. I'll be able to "read" her at the same time.

Thanks for the reminders though. I do have a bff who paid $160 for ONE HOUR with a psychic, but she told the psychic what she had on her mind!!...which I thought was lame...

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

As long as you're not going to run away and leave us to join the circus.... or fork over more than $5.... then go for it. But, you must report back here about your encounter. Go with a skeptical mind and see what happens. Write it all down afterwards. I wonder how much info you could get on her? Maybe you'll be the one she's encountering. Who knows.

What's the thing with her meds BTW?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I'm not sure....apparently they keep her calm and connected to physical real life, by suppressing her mind's activity. Otherwise her 'gift' impedes her ability to manage her life in a 'normal' way???

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

As long as you're not going to run away and leave us to join the circus...

Nahhh....that's my plan for my widowhood, though. If I become one.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Worth 5 bucks? Just to see what happens, maybe. For entertainment......

That is exactly what the "psychic" has in mind. No one thinks much about losing 5 bucks (for entertainment...or wharever)

If that psychic advertises and 50,000 people respond. That 250,000 bucks.

It reminds of a scam first done in the 1960s. A guy advertised in the newspapers : " Send me 1 dollar and I will show you how to become a milionaire" . A million people did and he became a millionaire. That scam does not work anymore but it did then , in the 1960s

No real psychic would demean the art. If she had that power , she would offer it for free (because money could come from other means such as predicting the lottery, etc)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: crowdedskies

okay. point taken and duly noted.

But again, she's not advertising. She's just passing through and will be gone by mid-October. Did it ever occur to you that maybe she's unemployable and this is her craft?
Her livelihood? I don't begrudge anyone who can earn a living on their own, whether as a wandering minstrel, a gifted psychic, a caricature artist, a photographer, a poet --- whatever. If you're good at it, it's okay to be compensated for it.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

And I would definitely pay $5 to see your act.

Re meds. I don't want to give anyone here the impression that just having an ability means one must be on meds to still be in touch with "reality". She could very well be someone who needs meds regardless. But, yeah, having an ability in our culture could give one (or those around them) the impression that they need meds. .... even without such an ability people think they needs med lol.... Anyway, now, go see her and report back! I'm dying to know!

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

But again, she's not advertising. She's just passing through and will be gone by mid-October. Did it ever occur to you that maybe she's unemployable and this is her craft?
Her livelihood? I don't begrudge anyone who can earn a living on their own, whether as a wandering minstrel, a gifted psychic, a caricature artist, a photographer, a poet --- whatever. If you're good at it, it's okay to be compensated for it.

You made a good point.

Unfortunately , there are so many fakes out there that there is a tendency to be suspicious.

I should perhaps have spoken in a general way rather than target that particular psychic. I therefore take back what I said and give the benefit of the doubt to that particular one.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Still, thanks for the friendly warning. There are times in my life I wish someone had said that to me....in reference to my former husband and subsequent boyfriend/fiance. Both of whom I got rid of as soon as I figured out what they were about....

CON-MEN.

Trust me, I was mortally wounded, financially by the former, and in the heart by the latter. (And believe it or not, there were three before that! Slow learner, or stubborn romantic? No telling. BUT THAT IS NOT MY QUESTION to the lady....lol

I can say that today is my 10th anniversary to my current husband. So - as crazy as we both are, it works.

Thanks again for reminding me to not be a sucker.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

LOL!! I will go see her tomorrow. I promise. Won't be able to report back until some time after that, as I'll be occupied until about 8pm.

Also I asked my bff which one she went to see a couple of years ago when the 'circus' passed through town, and so I'm sure this one is NOT the one she paid $160 to talk to. What she needed was a therapist, of which I am one. But you can't treat your loved ones....

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Yes, clearly.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join