It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Much Damage Did the Debate Do to Donald Trump?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   

It will take until the weekend to know for sure how much damage Trump did to his candidacy on Monday. That’s when a slew of national and battleground-state polls taken after the debate are due to be published. The small amount of data we already have, though, suggests that Clinton can expect to enjoy a significant bounce. The Politico/Morning Consult poll is just one survey, but the numbers are telling.

Nine per cent of the respondents to the Politico/Morning Consult poll said the debate changed their minds about whom to vote for. Nine per cent of the electorate is a lot. If we assume that two-thirds of these voters switched to Clinton and one-third switched to Trump, which would be in line with the finding that Clinton won the debate by a two-to-one margin among respondents, we could expect the polls to swing in her favor by three per cent.
Source

This is just as I predicted. The first debate did Trump a lot of damage, but the race isn't over.

Nine per cent of the respondents to the Politico/Morning Consult poll said the debate changed their minds about whom to vote for.

If that doesn't put terror into the heart of every Trump supporter, I don't know what will at this point.

Concerning the thread linked below, we can add rigged debates to the list.

How many different levels of rigging are involved with a US presidential election?

Is democracy still alive at the presidential level in the U.S.?
edit on 29-9-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I'm more amazed that people still take debates seriously.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Apparently Trump doesn't think this is important enough to prepare for and he can't hire someone to do it for him.
Is this what you want from a president? We can't afford to have a president who doesn't even think we're worth studying for.
We can't afford someone who's not fully committed to doing the job.
This guy is failing the damn interview process due to lazy egotism.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Being the first debate the numbers certainly aren't solidified, but if he continues with what he has been doing it will not be good for him.

The answer he gave for cyber security was painful to see and I don't support either of them. Hillary is completely unlikeable, but unlike Donald, she didn't come unhinged which has an impact on the voters.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Oh I'm sorry I didn't realize this was a thread about the debate being rigged. I thought it was about why Trump lost.
Because he didn't lose a rigged debate, he failed to prepare for the debate.
He couldn't commit ninety minutes for the country by getting ready to tell us why we should vote for him. He didn't care enough to prepare to give us an hour and a half of his undivided attention.
How is that kind of laissez fare attitude going to help him lead the country? We're not even worth a few mock debate hours? We're not important enough to crack a book.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Nope, not terrified at all. He showd little respect for the debate format. It was distasteful, but we will still make sure he gets our votes to win for Team America. Hillary wants to finish handing over America to foreign interests. Thanks but not thanks.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Zero damage to Trump. It was all fake. Next round the host will go after Hillary same way he did with Trump.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Lol that debate didn't do jack to trump. I still can't see how people say he lost, I can't grasp it lol.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I'm going to chime in as a non voter here. Having said that, I do keep a open mind to hopefully one day have a person present themselves to the public arena that I think will do a good job. I refuse to vote for a lesser evil.

Be that as it may, I did watch the debate in its entirety. Again keeping a open mind to maybe hear something that might convince me that maybe one here might say enough to sway me.

Since this is about Trump, I will say that for me, he said TOO much. I found myself looking into the future and trying to imagine some crisis that has arisen that he would have to deal with as president. Something that would require him to listen to his advisers.

The respect he showed for the debate rules and Lester Holt seemed to be pretty much null.
He bullied right over Lester, and a good part of that turned into almost a incoherent babble.
The point being he was going to say what he had to say regardless.

It just struck me that if he has his mind made up about something be it right or wrong, that is what he will go with no matter what other voices of reason or advisers may have to say.
Quite frankly, that scares me.

It also lost any possible shot or chance of a vote from me. If you consider that "damage," then yes he caused enough damage to lose one potential voter.

A GOOD leader also knows when to LISTEN.

Personally, I don't think any of them are Listening to US.
edit on 9/29/16 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Trump lost but Hillary didn't win.

Was a terrible debate.
Most people only watch the first half hour and that was trump's good part, He may lose a point or two nationally but gain in the rust belts for those remarks.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
What Trump has going for him is that people who think Hillary deserves to go to jail would rather vote Trump even if he just made baby noises for 90 minutes of the debate followed by talking a big fat dump on stage. What Trump has going against him are those who see Clinton as no worse than the other nonsense Trump supporters voted into office (Bush, congress etc.) who see Trump as an immature bratty liar who is utterly incompetent.

His base won't be affected by anything he does though.

edit on 29-9-2016 by AudioOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
I'm more amazed that people still take debates seriously.

It's this line of reasoning that I think Trump has taken up as part of his "appeal to the right" strategy, and I think will ultimately hurt him in the end.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
If you want to know who won or lost, who did damage or gained ground.
Look at the polls.
No change.
90 minutes of talking and no change.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

How Much Damage Did the Debate Do to Donald Trump?

Damage meter:

Trump: 0%
Clinton: 0%

Americans: 100%

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The radio was talking to a political insider in the state of MO this morning and even in post debate polls, Trump is still carrying a 10 point lead in this state ... where he was before the debate.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

He doesn't stay scripted and at first his "style" was criticized and picked apart. But, we are now seeing, as people analyze what he was trying to say, while maneuvering around the Lester Holt/Hillary Clinton playbook, that he is still on a winning track. I don't think he lost anybody. But, he's pushing against a very devious wind.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

The polls (real polls not subject to vote-bots and reddit click storms) are now trickling in.

The ones I have seen show Hillary getting a 3 to 7 point bump.

I expect half that jump to melt before Nov. 8th, but still a significant jump for someone that was already 3 to 5 points ahead if you ignore the experimental LA Times poll (which outright admits it has a GOP bias built in) from the averages.

Interestingly...Voting STARTS TODAY...

Yes, in Iowa and other states mail in ballots are being accepted.
In-Person ballots will be accepted in early voting states starting the last week in October.

Mail in ballots typically favor GOP, early in-person voting typically favors Dems...so when the pundits start talking about those, you know the bias in the numbers.

That said, Iowa should go Trump...but Florida is what he really, really needs to stay alive..

Nate silvers has the best snap-shot of the race

projects.fivethirtyeight.com...

edit on 29-9-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: ketsuko

He doesn't stay scripted and at first his "style" was criticized and picked apart.

He substitutes "style" for substance and his style is exploiting divisions in this country.

You can't fault pundits for searching for substance.

But, we are now seeing, as people analyze what he was trying to say,

Presidents should not require translators to spin and apologize for them in order to communicate with the public. What

while maneuvering around the Lester Holt/Hillary Clinton playbook

If Trump is unable to answer questions about what he has said or what polices he is proposing, that is Trump's cognitive issue...Not Clinton's, Not Lester Holt's...not the Public's.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
Zero damage to Trump. It was all fake. Next round the host will go after Hillary same way he did with Trump.

Yep, I expect the next debate will put Hillary on Trial just like the first debate put Trump on Trial.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
If you want to know who won or lost, who did damage or gained ground.
Look at the polls.
No change.
90 minutes of talking and no change.

Except that is exactly false...

Every scientific poll we’ve encountered so far suggests that voters thought Hillary Clinton beat Donald Trump in Monday night’s debate. In fact, some of them showed her winning by a wide margin — wide enough to make it a good bet (though not a guarantee) that she’ll gain in horse-race polls against Trump over the next week or so.

fivethirtyeight.com...

Who won?
Morning Consult: Hillary +23
YouGov: Hillary +27
CNN: Hillary +25
PPP: Hillary +11

What about General Election polls? Any movement in support?

Every General Election Poll (except LA Times...Bizzare weighted panel..not real poll) shows Clinton getting a significant bump and leading.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join