It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They tried it: Disney World's Big Thunder coaster rolls out kidney stones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Good news, kidney stone sufferers - there's a (relatively) inexpensive solution to your pain -- just ride a roller coaster. Of course, it has to be the right one (rough ride, but no loop-the-loops.) Research shows that Disney's Big Thunder Mountain is ideal for this procedure (and just a tad less expensive than the ultrasound to break up a kidney stone.)

EAST LANSING, Mich. — Does your insurance cover amusement park visits? Maybe it should.

For years, David Wartinger's patients told him stories of passing kidneys shortly after riding roller coasters .

"Most urologists wouldn’t be surprised by this," said Wartinger, a professor emeritus within Michigan State University's Department of Osteopathic Surgical Specialties. Jarring motions and vibrations often jostle stones stuck on the outer area of kidney, enabling them to be passed.

Read the full article here

edit on 28-9-2016 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

A rollercoaster? I guess i can see how that would work.

Next they'll be saying the dodgems iradicates brain tumours lol.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I do believe this! My first kidney stone attack was after riding The Hurricane, the wooden roller coaster at Myrtle Beach. I always said all the jarring is what "knocked" it loose.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I've had so many kidney stones I stopped counting. I could probably write a book on it! A doctor on call saved my kidney stone problem 8 years ago when I was lying in the hospital suffering from another kidney stone attack. Any Chronic Uric Acid Kidney stone sufferers out there?? Here's the secret that stopped my kidney's from producing these stones....

This doctor walks into my room and says, "you know you had two stones." I said "that's what they tell me." He than says, "I don't want to go over your current doctor's assigned prescription of 100 mgs of Allipurinol. However, for the amount of stones you've been getting, you should be on 300mgs of Allipurinol."

When I had a check-up at my urology doctors office passing the stone, the first thing out of my mouth when he walked into the I said "hey doc, can you raise my Allipurinol prescription to 300mgs?" He said sure and that was that. I've never received another kidney stone since. I drink about 5-6, 8oz of water a day.

It cured me! So if you have the same problem check with your doctor about upping your Allipurinol prescription to 300mgs. Calcium stones are a whole new ball of wax. This will only work with Uric Acid stones.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I don't know about that.

Have you seen the ticket prices to get into a Disney park lately?

Just don't do it at the circus.

Kidney stones ain't no joke!

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I know one thing... they hurt bad enough I'd be willing to give this, or just about anything, a try if I ever get them again lol.

This makes sense, though. Jarring motion can definitely cause them to exit the kidney, and walking can speed their passage through the ureter. So it makes sense something this jolting could speed their passage even more. I just hope those with obstructing stones could make it through the ride without projectile vomiting.

But then again, they'd probably be doing that on the ground or in the ride regardless lol.

Ugh... the memories... best wishes to anyone experiencing this.

peace.
edit on 9/28/2016 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Kidney stones can be completely cured with citric acid, with the exception of those unfortunate 25% uric stone sufferers.

Drink one 16oz glass of lemon juice first thing in the morning an empty stomach, then one oz every hour for as long as you can take the next day with lots of water, and they will dissolve as non -uric acid stones are soluable in citric acid. You won't even feel them pass as they will be completely dissolved.

Worked for me, saved me a painful operation!
edit on 28-9-2016 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Gee, a trip to Disney world, including airfare and tickets and a cheap motel, is probably way cheaper than getting them operated on.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Try a dune buggy ride.

I had one pass just after spending the day driving a dune buggy on ruff dirt roads in the desert
That evening i had back pain and though i had took out my back.
The first p** in the morning i knew what my back pain was.

It was like p**ing barb wire and burned for over a hour till i could p** again after trying to drown myself with water.

top topics

join