It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate overwhelmingly votes to override Obama veto on 9/11 bill

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody
The Japanese war machine killing countless civilians in no way justifies the American war machine killing countless civilians. We nuked two civilian cities. Had we nuked military bases I would agree with you. But we chose to target civilians. That is terrorism, period.

a reply to: 0zzymand0s
I agree. Most people do not think of the ramifications and ripple effects of such an act. As much as everyone hates the Saudis, pulling their investments could cripple the US. We need to phase them out gradually.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SargonThrall
a reply to: shooterbrody
The Japanese war machine killing countless civilians in no way justifies the American war machine killing countless civilians. We nuked two civilian cities. Had we nuked military bases I would agree with you. But we chose to target civilians. That is terrorism, period.

a reply to: 0zzymand0s
I agree. Most people do not think of the ramifications and ripple effects of such an act. As much as everyone hates the Saudis, pulling their investments could cripple the US. We need to phase them out gradually.

They werent Civilians though. they were militia basically and part of the war machine who produced weapons and armaments. SO it was not a act of terrorism. Total war was legally recognized as well back then.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
They won't Sue Saudi Arabia because they know they didn't do it. Sue Bush and Cheney. They had a bigger role than the Saudis.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SargonThrallwe attacked 2 cities that had factories making weapons for the war one of them if i remember right had a factory owned by the same company that made the zero dive bombers. so yes the cities had a large population they were involved with the war. now 9/11 i knew from jump street was a saudi op since then we have had proof the royal family financed it the congress decided to let us sue them for this when in reality we should have hit the desert kingdom like an 800 pound gorilla but bush did not want to upset his buddies there and folew the crown prince who was the ambassador to the united nations out of new york on 9/12 if people of ny had found out then that sa had done it his butt would have been dismembered and hung up for world to see its why they pointed the finger at afganistan.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa
What a pathetically stupid argument. By that illogic, any attack on a people with mandatory conscription isn't terrorism. I can only bet you magically feel differently when it comes to Israel.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: roadgravel

I believe this opens quite a can of worms. There will be lawsuits against the US because of it. Think "drone strike" and you can see a bunch of lawyers lining up to take the US to court for damages. Not saying that shouldn't happen - but I guarantee there will be remorse in the Senate over this decision down the road.

- AB

Yeah okay, I'm feeling a little smug over calling this one...

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Are there any good lawyers in Congress?
In the event that Saudi Arabia decides to retaliate with a libel suit?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SargonThrall
a reply to: yuppa
What a pathetically stupid argument. By that illogic, any attack on a people with mandatory conscription isn't terrorism. I can only bet you magically feel differently when it comes to Israel.

Geneva conventions clearly stipulates ANYONE helping a war effort is a viable target. They were producing weapons,and material support and were a part of the supply line. No. Israel is a special case because everyone serves so if a VALID ARMY attacked them(a real army not terrorist who were kicked out of their own countries) I would have no problem with them being killed because they are valid targets.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I hope they override e everything he tries to do until he's fine ally out of office.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join