It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help. Nocturnal seizures, SP, or something else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Something is going on with my brain.

As I type this I am very anxious and on edge, my mind feels hyper. I am being startled very easily by the smallest noises. I am having all kinds of involuntary twitches, some of which feel almost violent and kind of painful. This comes and goes.

Lately, every other night as I am falling asleep I keep getting these strange dizzy/shock sensations in my head as I am right on the edge of sleep.

It feels really weird and eventually as I pass the threshold into sleep I fall into a nightmare of having a seizure, I feel like I can here myself breathing very heavily, I feel like I am actually half awake and possibly in a sort of sleep paralysis.

I am concerned I have developed some sort of nocturnal seizure disorder that is slowly getting worse.

I think I am having seizures. I think eventually I will be hit with a big one. I am a little scared, I am worried my life may get cut short. Maybe not, I'm not too scared, mostly concerned. I am jaded by anxiety, so I don't feel too much fear.

I think this is related to my previous benzo dependency which led to a bad withdrawal because I had no choice but to stop abruptly.

I think Kratom abuse is related as well.

I have been off benzos for six months.....i wonder if my brain is still recoiling from that time?

I have been off kratom for a few weeks and its just such an odd substance It is hard to say how it has effected my already worn out brain.

I also have an opiate addiction. I don't shoot up or anything, but I do enough for it to have a substantial effect on my mind and body.

I go to a doctor tomorrow, I want to tell him how I badly want to get sober, but I also want to address these possible seizures.

I am not sure what route to take. I don't want to overload the doc with Info, and I don't want to come across as a drug seeker.
I just want help, and answers.

There was a time in my life where I was healthy, sober, athletic, and happy.
Now I am mostly the contrast of that person. It really sucks.

For what it's worth I am 29 years old, I turn 30 next month.
I have no previous heath issues besides anxiety, panic disorder, and substance abuse. I am on zero medication at the moment and have not been on any medication for six months.

Any advice on how I should approach this situation would be appreciated.

Any suggestions on what I may be going through will be appreciated as well.

I know I am kind of all over the place, it's just a reflection of the state of my mind really.
I'll add more as it comes to me, or as potential replies help me dig a little deeper and know what to say.

Thanks In advance for reading.

I am probably ok, but there is a chance I am not ok at all.
edit on 27-9-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Going into semi-severe to acute stages of withdrawal can lead to very vivid dreams. Even when 'supplementing' a withdrawal period by (ab)using Kratom, you will experience vivid and sometimes traumatizing dreams on occasion regardless.

My honest advice would be to go to your current physician, have them perform a physical, and then suggest referral to a sleep study program. Only within a sleep study program (or something similar) will you find out what's actually going on.

Best wishes.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
You may find this interesting, not saying that this is what you have been experiencing, obviously worries about health matters should always be checked out by professionals. Not on an internet forum. Good Luck

Wikipedia Link

sleep education.org

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I have suffered panic disorders and anxiety for over 20 years and thought I was going to be like this for the rest of my life.
I got to my wits end when I lost my job again for not being able to get out of bed cause of anxiety.
I'm not a religious person but I am spiritual and so I prayed for help.

It was not long after that I found some articles on water fasting, so I did my researched and read every article, testimonial & youtube video on the subject and prepared for my water fast. You have to slowly ease into and also when you come out of it so I planned it out and was planning on doing a 5 day fast to start with.

Well on the 3rd day when your body enters Ketosis I found that my anxiety had almost gone and found white stuff around my mouth where I would get recurring yeast infections.

I looked up the cause and found testimonials about people dealing with candida die off having similar symptoms.

It was after much research that I found that anxiety and panic attacks are symptoms of a candida overgrowth.

Anyway that was 5 years ago and slowly the anxiety and panic attacks came back.

So I wanted to find a way to rid of these candida colonies for good and have only just started on the Parasite M formula from Dr Robert Morse but I am already feeling the effects of them, my stomach sounds like a horror movie and my stools have long colonies of candida all over them and my anxiety is the best it has ever been, I actually feel normal for the 1st time in over 20 years.

I've posted on water fasting in the past and it's one of the best things you can do to the body and all you need is water so anyone can do it.

Anyway I hope you find a solution to your issues as anxiety is a tough one. All the best.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
. High doses of Thiamin, (and all the other B vitamins) helps the nervous system, high doses of vitamin C and NA If you are open to it.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: mmshelt

Going into semi-severe to acute stages of withdrawal can lead to very vivid dreams. Even when 'supplementing' a withdrawal period by (ab)using Kratom, you will experience vivid and sometimes traumatizing dreams on occasion regardless.

My honest advice would be to go to your current physician, have them perform a physical, and then suggest referral to a sleep study program. Only within a sleep study program (or something similar) will you find out what's actually going on.

Best wishes.

These are good thoughts.

I did go straight from 14 days of benzo withdrawal, directly into Kratom use. So I probably masked much of the post acute symptoms and maybe even hindered the healing process.

I then developed kratom dependency and experienced withdrawals from that.

I have only been off kratom for a short amount of time, but I am taking opiates to mask the discomfort from that.

So foolishly I have yet to pay the piper, so to speak, as In face withdrawals and allow my brain to heal.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Reply to: McLaren...

This post reminds me of a reoccurring dream I have s

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Its about, gunk, or sometimes my teeth filling up my mouth, and I am constantly spitting it/them out........

I have been interested in water fasting for some time. I most likely subscribed to your thread.

I have never had the discipline to give it a try.

Thank you for reminding me. I honestly plan on researching water fasting again and giving it a shot.

I am nearly positive I will benefit.

I have had anxiety and panic attacks since about 17 years of age, so I feel we have a bit in common.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Opiates, according to some, may cause vivid dreams. Cannabis, also according to some, will stifle dreams.
Be cautious with the quantity and types of chemicals you ingest, drink lots of fluids, avoid eating before laying down to sleep, and try to exercise as much as you are able to tolerate. Also, if you must consume opiates, try to do so only in the morning as they may (according to some) affect your ability to have a restful night of slumber. Good luck & hang in there!
edit on 9272016 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: xenap
. High doses of Thiamin, (and all the other B vitamins) helps the nervous system, high doses of vitamin C and NA If you are open to it.

I am open to just about anything at this point.

I believe you.

Vitamins and healthy diet have helped me in the past.

Thanks for the advice

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: cosmickat
You may find this interesting, not saying that this is what you have been experiencing, obviously worries about health matters should always be checked out by professionals. Not on an internet forum. Good Luck

Wikipedia Link

sleep education.org

Somehow I knew your link would lead to EHS....thank you.

I read up on this a little bit.

It sounds very close to what is happening to me.

If that's it ill be happy because I believe it is said to be mostly harmless...

Thanks again...im gonna go through that info some more.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat

Opiates, according to some, may cause vivid dreams. Cannabis, also according to some, will stifle dreams.
Be cautious with the quantity and types of chemicals you ingest, drink lots of fluids, avoid eating before laying down to sleep, and try to exercise as much as you are able to tolerate. Also, if you must consume opiates, try to do so only in the morning as they may (according to some) affect your ability to have a restful night of slumber. Good luck & hang in there!

Well this makes sense.

I just recently quit [snipped] because I lost a job I really enjoyed on a random UA and I need to be clean to get back to work.

[snipped] maybe a perfect set up for the vivid dreams I have definitely been having. They're always nightmarish too which is unpleasant.

ETA: I always eat right before bed, and I very often do opiates right before bed, so very valuable advice I need to take into consideration here, thanks

edit on Wed Sep 28 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

(post by mclarenmp4 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
GoShredAk....yes they do work, not easy and it takes time, in addiction we want it yesterday!
Anything worth having in this life doesn't come without pain I have (painfully) learned....... Good luck !

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Reminder...

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, .....
Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances, legal or otherwise: discussing personal use or personal experiences as the result of such substances is not allowed in any form

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Figured I would circle back and provide an update here.........

The day after the OP I went to the doctor but never mentioned the sleep paralysis episodes, It was mostly pointless.

The episodes did eventually get worse. I would go days without incident, with a rare episode every other day.

One day I decided to try some tramadol that was prescribed to me to see if it could help me for a few different things.

It was a huge mistake, I became extremely anxious and felt very strange. I started twitching and jerking uncontrollably.

Tramadol is a crappy medication that has the potential to cause seizures. Also it messes with serotonin.

It seems like that one time use of tramadol exacerbated my sleep paralysis episodes. I started having them more frequently, multiple times a night, sometimes I could feel them coming on as I fell asleep, as a result I became afraid to fall asleep.

Eventually I gave in and acquired some medical cannabis. That has been a complete cure. With the aid of medical cannabis I have not had a single episode since.

It was a strange thing that happened to me. I lean more towards the episodes being nocturnal seizures rather than sleep paralysis.

It is still a mystery but I believe it was a combination of my individual brain chemistry, all the substances I have taken, my history of anxiety/panic, and stress with the tramadol being the final catalyst, that threw my brain out of balance.

I ended up having maybe 7-10 more SP/NS episodes since writing the OP, but now I no longer have them at all.
edit on 4-12-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Since my last post on this thread I haven't gone through this once.

Then all of the sudden a few nights ago, I was sleeping in my bunk at the homeless shelter and had several of these episodes .

The first one seemed like a never ending nightmare. After I woke up I started to feel myself slip into a seizure while I was still fully awake.......it happened like five times.

I prayed for Jesus to not allow it to happen anymore and it hasn't happened since.

This is a bit concerning...... I don't know what is going on, and will it progress into a serious problem in the future?

top topics

join