It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pseudobulbar Affect or PBA a mental emotional problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Hi folks, for years now..since highschool i didn't know what was wrong, i would be standing in a circle of folks my age and still not connecting fair enough..when a horrid and strange laughter would take over...what was funny...i didn't know...it seemed to have little to do with the senario i was in...
other times i would be at a register or in a house and then bang! the laughter almost out of nowhere or it could of been one mention of this lifetime being an illusion or something wierd..like trying to grasp greenbacks...paper money with symbols....most likely the laughter was not with another person to share and the timing was off...
to learn more about this condition, here is a link, PBA info
and there is a Danny Glover commercial on YouTube that i sorta don't recommend unless you are ready to watch it...he is laughing a lot and no lines through it so it is sorta wierd...

i have taken latuda for years now and it does calm the symptoms of uncontrolible laughter..when experiencing painful emotions..sort of...
well, thanks for stopping by another hopeful discussion about being sick...
later on peeps!
stay cool its over 100 degrees here plus a local fire...!
so far its not reached homes...bugs, animals and plants...haven't heard yet...the destruction of nature tragedy and i think humans are fine, here...off topic, sorry
thanks again for checking out a thread on an illness also known as inapropriate laughter!

sorry my spelling is poor...will work on it for better reading enjoyment!
as soon as my hands stop shaking for sugar and caffine consumption...thanks folks
take care, be well and stay healthy!

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

May I ask if this is laughing at inappropriate times? I ask because I used to have a friend that did this. She laughed and mad fun of simple things.

Is this your condition? Is this a condition?

Just asking for information and I can see how you could be misjudged by this.

Think a deeper explanation is needed.

Best to you peppycat.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

no its like something funny happend or there is a commercial and then try to speak and its all laughter...as though i am trying to say some lines or something...like i can't play poker, cuz i can't stop smiling and or laughing....it is super hersh for me to recite stuff from memory...i am capable, yet i rather not ''act" from anything i repeat in my mind, like pick up lines ect...
so far, ''hey yo..whats up?" is all i can say as far as a line concerned...cuz i feel like you either rehearse for average day to day hello's or you just nod and smile at a person...if you dislike speaking a bunch...any ways...
liveandlearn...your cool...be well and stay cool!

new topics

join