It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please watch this if you think GMOs are not a problem.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

If Video won't play, go here-----------> Vice News

This is terrifying. As someone with health issues, it is concerning to me how much food is monopolized. I have a lot of health issues that revolve around me mostly eating unprocessed meats and produce. It's necessary to my immune system to not eat anything outside of my dietary restrictions (which are many).

Also, fun fact, the FDA's regulation on being able to call something Organic or GMO free is that only one ingredient needs to be "organic" for them to plaster it all over their packaging. I did a thread on this a while back.

If it says it's Organic, it probably isn't...

A lot of this, I truly believe, is why our diseases and health issues have increased in exponentially rising number in the last 20 years.

edit on 25-9-2016 by SomeDumbBroad because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2016 by SomeDumbBroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You are a saint! I don't know what is happening with my ATS today.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
GMOs are not a problem. They're our best chance of ensuring food security for humanity.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

not watching it then. I know they are a problem.
edit on 25-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

I think I have seen it if it is from Vice, anyway.
edit on 25-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
While I think that monopolization of agriculture holds few benefits for consumers, I think that the ignorance and fear spread by anti-GM forces helps no one.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

There are so many people that sass me when I talk to them about GMOs, it's ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So then you didn't watch the video...

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MongolianPaellaFish
Another one that didn't watch the video...

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

Some of it.
It it blaming the drought on GM crops?
Is it not spreading ignorance and fear?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

True, we will not have eyes growing out of tomatoes. I have seen that fear. I see more than enough to tell me food made this way will more than likely be problematic. For people eating it and for it sustaining generations of growth. And for companies copywriting the seeds.

Also that things like genetically modified mosquitoes may cause more problems than they are meant to fix.

I am not against genetic modification in general, I just think that safety concerns may not be as important as profits, in many cases.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MongolianPaellaFish

It has been awesome watching you post MongolianPaellaFish!

You are have come to epitomize the official stance of the state on every single topic that you have shared an opinion on!

GMOs are not a problem. They're our best chance of ensuring food security for humanity.

Congratulations

We need more intelligent people to understand the benevolence of such companies like Monsanto, Dupont, and Dow, must not forget Syngenta, thankfully we have you out here diligently promoting of our propaganda in the way of sharing memes like "why not to feed your family organic"!

Lol priceless!
edit on America/ChicagoSundayAmerica/Chicago09America/Chicago930pmSunday8 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

LOL no the Water is a separate segment.

The GMO crops are spreading all over the world simply due to natural pollination. So you have GMO crops killing 100% organic crops just by the farmers of the GMO crops spraying their pesticides on the plants.

I totally understand the necessity for GMOs for feeding purposes, however, do you not think there is a direct correlation between the changing of crops and our rising medical issues?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

There are so many people that sass me when I talk to them about GMOs, it's ridiculous.

It is a topic that is sort of divisive. Some people hate it, some people are in the middle and some people say 'there is no problem'.

Well, of course there is a problem.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I eat these genetically modified foods on a weekly basis:

And many others.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I see more than enough to tell me food made this way will more than likely be problematic.
I haven't.

For people eating it and for it sustaining generations of growth. And for companies copywriting the seeds.
Do you know that seed licensing is not exclusive to GM varieties?

Also that things like genetically modified mosquitoes may cause more problems than they are meant to fix.
For example? Do you think that genetic modification is a random process. Like natural mutation?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Im sorry but if you knew anything about farming or horticulture you would know that everything you just posted is complete bull. I cannot believe I actually read that on this website. Take your ignorance to zerohendge, as that is a more appropriate place for such nonsense. a reply to: MongolianPaellaFish

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

LOL no the Water is a separate segment.

The GMO crops are spreading all over the world simply due to natural pollination. So you have GMO crops killing 100% organic crops just by the farmers of the GMO crops spraying their pesticides on the plants.

I totally understand the necessity for GMOs for feeding purposes, however, do you not think there is a direct correlation between the changing of crops and our rising medical issues?

And when they spread by natural pollination, comapanies like Monsanto sue those farmers out of existence. In third world countries, Monsanto molopolized the market and raised the price so high, farmers were committing suicide.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

And when they spread by natural pollination, comapanies like Monsanto sue those farmers out of existence.

False.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

It amazes me because people are so up in arms about Global Warming and people are like "SCIENTISTS SAY ITS HAPPENING AN IT IS!", meanwhile scientists are telling us to watch GMOs but everyone is all "Pfft, it's not thaaaaaaaaat bad."

Hypocrisy or willful ignorance? I can't decide.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join