It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some tips from the ATS community!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad
1) What was your favorite spot to eat?

Tuscany.

3) If you have been recently, what places are inhabited by the refugees that I need to avoid?

Palermo is pretty bad at the moment.

4) What to avoid in general?

Panhandlers and street salespeople.

5) If you are fluent in Italian, would you be apposed to being my pen pal while I learn so that I may be able to pick it up a little faster?

I may be able to help, time depending.

Just wanted to add that you should certainly visit Florence and Venice. If you can do Rome I would recommend that as well however the food will be noticeably better in the previous two locations.

edit on 25-9-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

...mia famiglia lives in the Catanzaro region.

Our family friends have a villa in Catanzaro Lido, the beach there was amazing.

edit on 25-9-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Grazie! I love all of this! I totally have been planning a Tuscany visit purely for the food and atmosphere. Also, It's more of an intermittent thing that I want for a pen pal. I would just send you something whenever I am on, and you can do the same. I want to get used to writing, because if I write it, I can learn to read it and so on.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

Naples....its a hell hole!

That is one of my stops. I want to see where my Grandpa was shipped from, exactly.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Grazie! I love all of this! I totally have been planning a Tuscany visit purely for the food and atmosphere.

I would recommend Florence and Sienna, you can avoid Pisa. If you can get to the Chianti/Muonteulciano/Montalcino areas that would be the best place for food and wine in my opinion.

Also, It's more of an intermittent thing that I want for a pen pal. I would just send you something whenever I am on, and you can do the same. I want to get used to writing, because if I write it, I can learn to read it and so on.

Nessun problema mia amica.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I don't think you understand how excited I was that I read that AND KNEW WHAT IT WAS RIGHT AWAY! Rosetta Stone is doing it's job thus far.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

You should be fine. Plus most Italians speak fairly good English.

Make sure you get to Venice as well.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I will go everywhere. I already want the hotspots: Florence, Venice, Rome, Tuscany, Pompeii, and so on. I am passionate about Italy. I may never come back, to be honest. I would like to also take time to go to Sicily.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

You should consider getting an Italian passport. Children of foreign nationals can easily obtain one at a local consulate.

It also helps you skip the long customs lines coming in to the country.

On a side note, not sure if you saw my thread and photos from my most recent visit to Italy from last summer.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Is it weird to get emotional while looking at photos?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Not if it's Italia.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Wow, this would be a great question for my sister, but she's in Italy right now! She also went to Italy to study the language many years ago! She's been there so many times, I stopped counting. She was there for 8 months last year and she left last week for another 8 months. She's been everywhere in Italy.

I know her favorite place is called Luca? It's surrounded by a wall. Don't quote me on this, but I think she said it's up near Tuscany. She's made friends there and is planning on getting dual citizenship. I'll have my wife relay some of your questions to her because they communicate through Facebook and some app. that helps you text from overseas.

I tell everyone if they're going to Italy, ask my sister she's been there so many times.
I'm of Italian decent, and I have no desire to travel to Italy. (Probably because I don't like to fly
)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I would greatly appreciate any info you want to forward! Thank you so much!

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I've been to Italy

www.facebook.com...

not may restaurants. I ate at a hole in the wall that is likely closed down now. Only so i could say i ate in Italy

top topics

<< 1   >>

join