It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Transgender is Difficult enough I am sure

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Huge and more and more concentrated sex hormones in the city water is leading to increased gender confusion imo and it is only getting worse every year.

Scientists are seeing effects on animals. Some male fish, for example, have developed female traits and have reproductive problems. Scientists believe the cause may be exposure to human birth control hormones.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueShaman

People who easily passed didn't usually have a problem, unless their employer knew about their transition and forbid them from using the facilities of their identified gender. Those who didn't pass as easily had some problems being forced out. So for some, it's been a problem for a long time.

The biggest problem though, came when students who were transitioning weren't allowed to use the facilities of their identified gender when they were at school. Schools might have allowed it initially, but some parents threw fits, which sometimes swayed the schools to change their policies against the transgender kids. Several lawsuits happened there (which got in the news), and the parents of the transgender kids usually won.

The more liberal states and cities started passing legislation protecting all transgender people who wanted to use the public facilities of their identified gender. This legislation usually happened with no fanfare - no big deal. It was when the same legislation was proposed in the more conservative states/metropolitan areas that it suddenly became a YUUUGE deal in the media. As you can guess, the conservative areas fought it hard.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

How would you account for throughout History and the Various Cultures of Third Genders, Transgender, MultiGender and BiGender people?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

When would you ever have to do that? How would you know either way...you know a whole lot of people who go around announcing that they're male or female or both or neither, to the public at large? Because I know no one like that. I know a great many transgenders and you would never know they were born biologically different than what they are now. They're not fantasizing about being a different gender. They become a different gender.
edit on 30475America/ChicagoSat, 24 Sep 2016 17:47:12 -050030pm30267America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
turn all bathrooms into single unisex stalls, problem over. identify as a quasi-sexual glitterkin if you want, just shaddup about it, there is a line forming here. get in, lock door, go, flush, get out. nobody gives a crap about your genitals!

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

So basically, society as it is doesn't suit you?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: YenSid
a reply to: SeaWorthy

How would you account for throughout History and the Various Cultures of Third Genders, Transgender, MultiGender and BiGender people?

Hermaphrodites are extremely rare.
The rest is simply identifying...but we are a sexually dymorphic species. 2 genders, and because we are a lifeform, some defects do happen.

Sex has 2 genders

now, social gender stuff..thats different. I accept transsexuals (proper gender dysphoria). I dont accept gender "fluid". I think that is just a way of saying dudes who dont like football, or women who cant be arsed to do makeup stuff...that doesn't make them anything outside of just non traditional male or female..which is not some new gender, its just bucking the social norms within the society for the gender.

I accept trans..because the idea is they are transitioning from one established gender to another due to a brain mix up or some such..wrong body kind of thing, whatever. sure. theres even scientific evidence showing transsexuals have different brain patterns more associated with what they are transitioning into than their birth sex.

no such thing as the other absolute rubbishness going on today..and any legitimency is mocking actual trans people trying to deal with gender dysphoria and the transitioning process.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
btw, fun fact:
I went out to a club last night (celebrating with friends).
Big line at the womens bathroom (of course). Mens bathroom..just a few guys. a couple women came in, nobody cared. they went straight into the stalls.

One day society may be grown up enough to simply not care about such things..stalls are the way to go.
May we all one day be enlightened as a backwoods town nightclub in the deep south...

(oh, and no way on earth the opposite could happen...this is an accepted norm. Women can use the mens stalls in a crowded scene, men...just hold it you filthy rapist
)
edit on 24-9-2016 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't even know what that means. Society as it is? Society where? There are plenty of places that have no problem with transgender people. Plenty of places in this country.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Cool - I'm good with individual stalls and private dressing rooms for everyone. Is that all going to happen tomorrow? How about by next Thursday? Something tells me it could take years to change every public place in the country. What happens in the meantime?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Liking Football and Makeup are not "Gender-Identities" nor are those dictated by "Gender" or "Sex". "Gender-Expression" is a completely separate thing

"Sex" and "Gender" don't coincide, Sex being Gentiles and Gender being Identity.Also, Gender Dysphoria is not exclusively Transgender, so Other-Genders do not challenge the Legitimacy of Trans people

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Cool - I'm good with individual stalls and private dressing rooms for everyone. Is that all going to happen tomorrow? How about by next Thursday? Something tells me it could take years to change every public place in the country. What happens in the meantime?

It could be converted in a matter of months actually. now mom and pop shops with their single stall bathrooms wont convert to stalls, because they are typically only single rooms anyhow. just pry off the M and F signs and put a unisex sign on it. drama over.

Bossman and I went to look at a office building he is about to get. as we wandered around, we came across the toilets. one for male, one for female. both exactly the same. I said simply, gotta rip those signs off and simply make them unisex. he agreed. the full conversion should take approximately 30 seconds.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: YenSid

Liking Football and Makeup are not "Gender-Identities" nor are those dictated by "Gender" or "Sex". "Gender-Expression" is a completely separate thing

"Sex" and "Gender" don't coincide, Sex being Gentiles and Gender being Identity.Also, Gender Dysphoria is not exclusively Transgender, so Other-Genders do not challenge the Legitimacy of Trans people

According to sociological gender studies nonsense, gender is just a made up construct anyhow.

So someone claiming they are gender airplane, I simply dismiss..as it is by the definition of the useless degrees of society a made up construct.
If it is all in the imagination, I imagine there is then only 2 genders with some crossover.

See, my imagination is just as relevant in this nonsense as anyone elses.
So we then come down to simple biological sex as a guideline for gender.

and I did actually say having different social norms, or as you put it, expressions, is not being a different gender. here we agree..problem is, a teen girl going through a tomboy phase is being confused by the morons today that she is expressing her true nature as a 12 gendered dragonkiin which is totes legit.

.....or she is just going through a tomboy phase of course. Give her a football jersey, let her hang with the dudes, and she will turn out perfectly fine back to traditional female, or trans over to a guy, or somewhere in between the two.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Leave it to someone to change the narrative. If I wanted to include locker rooms or showers, I would have done so. This was and is specifically about public bathrooms. I am not going to bother responding to obvious hatred towards transgender, only to say I feel sorry for anyone that has to deal with that from their own family.
edit on 9-24-2016 by searcherfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Just for you, enjoy the show.

TRANSPARENT - S3E3

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't even know what that means. Society as it is? Society where? There are plenty of places that have no problem with transgender people. Plenty of places in this country.

When you sneer about "conservatives" you are sneering as things as they are. That's generally what conservatives sort of tend to like. It's not that we are against all change, only that we like good justification for the ones being made beyond "because it's not fair!" which seems to be all the justification we get these days.

Generally, that's the stock excuse of every single 5-year-old in existence.

What we like to know is that we aren't simply changing something for the sake of change. There is a reason why things are being done the way they are done. For example, did you know that it was once a major battle for the women's equality movement to get private women's public restrooms at all? And now, we are abolishing that which so many women fought to so long and hard for.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth

Leave it to someone to change the narrative. If I wanted to include locker rooms or showers, I would have done so. This was and is specifically about public bathrooms. I am not going to bother responding to obvious hatred towards transgender, only to say I feel sorry for anyone that has to deal with that from their own family.

You don't want to include them because they are problematic and you know it.

This isn't about bathrooms as much as it is about public accommodations where bathrooms and locker rooms/showers are the same thing ... as they often are in schools for example.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
It's stupid in several ways and one of the ways it is stupid is that the rest of us are seemingly forced to indulge these people in their delusions that they are the opposite sex. A male still has an Xy chromosome is every cell in HIS body and a woman has XX in every cell in HERS. No amount of hormone therapy is going to change that. You can tack a stick on the end of a female and that doesn't make her a male, and carving a hole in a male doesn't make him female. he still has an Adam's apple and male musculature. This is completely delusional behavior.

What I find absolutely abhorrent is giving "puberty blockers" to kids as young as eight years old because they may have expressed to be of the opposite sex, usually by lesbian mothers, who want to "preserve the kid's choice." These people are mucking up kids' lives. What they are doing ought to be illegal.

You know, when you say such stupid and ill-informed (ignorant) stuff like this, it invalidates or brings into question anything you've ever posted on this board in any thread. I'll certainly never respect your opinions or take you seriously again or give you the time of day if I even did in the first place? Being so dumb about this subject really damages your credibility on all others. Sad.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I basically agree with everything you just said and furthermore I would like to add, if people are uncomfortable going to the bathroom in public... then don't do it. Cause come on.

I hate public bathrooms as is, so I avoid them anyway. Specially if I'm going number 2, icky. (I need me some poo-pourri.)

But, people are getting so ridiculous about it that I fully anticipate public bathrooms going from 4 doors now (Family, Men, Women, Transgender or whatever it is now) to about 8 or more doors. Soon when we have to go to the bathroom in public (when we don't have a choice, you know those awkward times) we'll be facing a hallway with different rooms personally customized to our situation.

The Family bathroom, Mens Bathroom, Womens Bathroom, Transgenders Bathroom, 18 + Bathroom, Under 18 Bathroom, Under 13 girls bathroom, Under 13 boys bathroom, Seniors bathroom (with rails and etc to accommodate old age), Bathrooms just for Pooping, Bathrooms just for Peeing, Bathrooms just for washing hands, too, and etc. It's gonna happen. I hope it does, anyway. Just for fun.

I'd also like to quickly add that when I'm forced to go to the bathroom in public... I'm just glad that there's a toilet around, period. With toilet paper and a working sink with soap available- I personally think wipes and poo-pourri should be added to the public toiletting necessities but, beggars can't be choosers. Thank God for Plumbing.
edit on 24-9-2016 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

You have a penis? Men's room. Vagina? Women's room. Quite simple.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join