It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are aliens avoiding Earth?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
a reply to: schuyler

Tachyons seem to 'theoretically' have speeds much beyond light, in fact no speed limit if I understand the current thinking there. I just don't think the speed of light ie. 186,000 + - is an accurate example of velocities in the universe. We have only observation from earth and a couple orbiting telescopes, but namely Hubble to observe phenomenon from.

The fact that light speed has been exceeded simply indicates that it has happened, and likely could be reproduced in some manner. But The whole topic is speculation anyway.

We're not talking small particles, but intelligent beings. The idea that aliens or ourselves can exceed the speed of light is what is speculation here. You can't just dismiss Einstein in a sentence or two. Whether it is the Big Bang, tachyons, or quantum entanglement, NONE of those issues nullify Einstein's theory or it would have been shouted from the highest rooftops. And it ceases to be speculation when people claim aliens are here. The question remains; How did they get here? The question is being avoided.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Almost all of which are useless "lights in the sky," secret military projects, charlatans, and people seeking attention. When you start looking at this "half a century of documents" you come out with precious little.

The question remains: How did they get here?

It's not our fault you're uninformed on the subject of extraterrestrial visitations. It's a matter of registered facts, and you're or ignoring them or just don't know about them. In any case, why do you even care to post? Sigh...

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JackHill

It's not our fault you're uninformed on the subject of extraterrestrial visitations. It's a matter of registered facts, and you're or ignoring them or just don't know about them. In any case, why do you even care to post? Sigh...

Can you enlighten us all on the extraterrestrial visitations that are registered facts.

When did they happen?

What happened?

Who registered them and who confirmed these ET visitations as fact?

Just one will do as an example.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Ezekiel gave a good description in the holy bible, using descriptive terms of the time he lived, I like the sentence 'They ascended to heaven on a pillar of fire' remind you of anything?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JackHill

originally posted by: schuyler

Almost all of which are useless "lights in the sky," secret military projects, charlatans, and people seeking attention. When you start looking at this "half a century of documents" you come out with precious little.

The question remains: How did they get here?

You're displaying your own ignorance. I would guess that I have written more on the UFO phenomena than you have read. I have been studying the issue for nearly fifty years, which is likely before you were born. My own UFO library is over 300 books. I have been a Mufon investigator in the past. I am familiar with nearly every major UFO issue (in English) that has transpired in this or the last century, from Roswell to Hopkins, from Greer to Meier, from Truman Bethurum to Bob Lazar. There is no way you are as informed as I am about so-called "extra-terrestrial visitations."

So if you want to believe that Bethurum met Aura Rhanes, the hot Latino-looking UFO captain from the planet Clarion (located on the opposite side of the sun) who wore a red beret at a jaunty angle, feel free. If you want to believe Bob Lazar attended MIT and Cal Tech and a local community college at the same time, feel free. If you want to believe Billy Meier talks with aliens from the Pleiades, namely Semjase, who looks like an actress from the Donna Reed show, went back in time to take a picture of a dinosaur (a painting from a contemporary book,) or is the reincarnation of Jesus, feel free. If you want to believe Steven Greer held an alien baby in his arms and is frequently surrounded by space ships which are invisible, be my guest. If you want to lecture us on Jacque Vallee's major theory on extra-terrestrial visitations, enlighten us. But the fact is you will be hard=pressed to find an actual, legitimate story of an encounter with "aliens from space" that isn't as full of holes as swiss cheese.

I post because of the blatant ignorance in this field trying to drive some sense into the starry-eyed nonsense of "believers" who think any light in the sky proves "aliens from space." Yet said believers have no answers on: How did they get here? You'll do anything in your power to avoid answering it.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: PlotusYou ever think the contaminants could be a rarity and carry hidden value?If water carries data drinking a glass from a paradise planet would be sweet but drinking a glass of current Earth water would be very spicy and hot and risky.Just saying stupid people eat coffee beans rotted by feral cat feces.So who knows right?

edit on 24-9-2016 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

If you replace every instance of the word "alien" with the word "people with higher technology"in your post a very different meaning emerges.....one which is more likely than not.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Who's saying they haven't visited or aren't here right now?...Most of our history has ether been destroyed over time or yet to be found/answered..Some ancient civilisations ie, Sumerian's, Egyptians, Irish, Scottish list goes on, have cave paintings or stories depicting (flying craft descending down from the heavens etc).. Are they all talking crap or have they got some bearing of truth?

Now to light travel,, light does have one speed but that doesn't mean with superior technology it couldn't be manipulated into being faster? (everything we do with Tec becomes faster/stronger) as we develop new ways... Maybe light speed or "Mac 1 light" can be stored and somehow "juiced up" to form a new faster travel combined with EM drive or dark matter propulsion type engine?

All just theory.
edit on 24-9-2016 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29
Who's saying they haven't visited or aren't here right now?...Most of our history has ether been destroyed over time or yet to be found/answered..Some ancient civilisations ie, Sumerian's, Egyptians, Irish, Scottish list goes on, have cave paintings or stories depicting (flying craft descending down from the heavens etc).. Are they all talking crap or have they got some bearing of truth?

Depends on how you interpret what these pictures actually were meant to depict. People create art that is not necessarily meant to be a historical record. Why would it be different in the past? Will people look back on our TV, comics, books and movies as a true historical record?

The truth could be as simple as people just creating cave painting to entertain themselves and others.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
a reply to: PlotusYou ever think the contaminants could be a rarity and carry hidden value?If water carries data drinking a glass from a paradise planet would be sweet but drinking a glass of current Earth water would be very spicy and hot and risky.Just saying stupid people eat coffee beans rotted by feral cat feces.So who knows right?

Im pretty sure that aliens dont need our resources. Id wager they know how to combine atoms on their own.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
"The question remains; How did they get here? The question is being avoided."
*****************************************************************************************************
You know what they say...... "extraordinary claims need extraordinary proof" Your premise supposes the Aliens are here as 'Fact'. There is no evidence for them. There are stories, Legends, claims, oratories, suppositions and whatever else, but no actual vehicles or Aliens or bodies. Just a host of people managing to make a buck by claiming to be in some way part of an expose' or victim or abductee or to have seen them, or have a fuzzy picture.

To hope to have an interaction is fine, yet it does not make it an actual event. I will just leave it at that.
*************************************************************************************************************************************

You're displaying your own ignorance. I would guess that I have written more on the UFO phenomena than you have read. I have been studying the issue for nearly fifty years, which is likely before you were born. My own UFO library is over 300 books. I have been a Mufon investigator in the past. I am familiar with nearly every major UFO issue (in English) that has transpired in this or the last century, from Roswell to Hopkins, from Greer to Meier, from Truman Bethurum to Bob Lazar. There is no way you are as informed as I am about so-called "extra-terrestrial visitations."

So if you want to believe that Bethurum met Aura Rhanes, the hot Latino-looking UFO captain from the planet Clarion (located on the opposite side of the sun) who wore a red beret at a jaunty angle, feel free. If you want to believe Bob Lazar attended MIT and Cal Tech and a local community college at the same time, feel free. If you want to believe Billy Meier talks with aliens from the Pleiades, namely Semjase, who looks like an actress from the Donna Reed show, went back in time to take a picture of a dinosaur (a painting from a contemporary book,) or is the reincarnation of Jesus, feel free. If you want to believe Steven Greer held an alien baby in his arms and is frequently surrounded by space ships which are invisible, be my guest. If you want to lecture us on Jacque Vallee's major theory on extra-terrestrial visitations, enlighten us. But the fact is you will be hard=pressed to find an actual, legitimate story of an encounter with "aliens from space" that isn't as full of holes as swiss cheese.

I post because of the blatant ignorance in this field trying to drive some sense into the starry-eyed nonsense of "believers" who think any light in the sky proves "aliens from space." Yet said believers have no answers on: How did they get here? You'll do anything in your power to avoid answering it.
Not withstanding, I hope you find that elusive Alien craft and Being."

"

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29

Depends on how you interpret what these pictures actually were meant to depict. People create art that is not necessarily meant to be a historical record. Why would it be different in the past? Will people look back on our TV, comics, books and movies as a true historical record?

The truth could be as simple as people just creating cave painting to entertain themselves and others.

Technically since, TV, comics, books etc exist they are on record of year they existed etc...I do get your point,, they could just be stories put into painting form or told as stories they didn't know anyone would see in the future,, then we found them and interpret it to be "Alien" depictions when it's nothing to do with that.

On the other hand we can't be sure it's not.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Will people look back on our TV, comics, books and movies as a true historical record?

A giant walked the Earth and did many wondrous deeds.

edit on 9/24/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I have no idea if we've made contact with "aliens" but I personally don't rule it out. Granted, our understanding of physics basically eliminates the possibility of FTL travel. The vast distances to other solar systems seems to be an insurmountable obstacle to us human beings.

I suppose if our best human scientists say interstellar travel is impossible, that's it, case closed. If we can't figure it out with our infallible human minds and scientific method, it obviously can't be done. End of story, move along, nothing to see here.

Seems like a narrow minded and rather arrogant way to view the universe, to me. Not sure why so many men of science believe they have it all figured out. I'm sure brilliant scientists thought space travel was impossible 100 years ago. We went from riding horses to landing on the moon in 100 years. It's not inconceivable to imagine a civilization far older and more advanced than us has developed methods to travel light years.

We automatically assume all intelligent beings walk around in meat suits and travel through space/time linearly in cool rocket ships and flying saucers. The reality is, we don't understand reality. The scientific method is a great tool but it's not the be-all end-all.

The greatest knowledge is to know you know nothing. For all we know, WE are the "aliens". Every time you hug your wife or play with your kids, you could be making "alien" contact.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Tuomptonite

For all we know, WE are the "aliens". Every time you hug your wife or play with your kids, you could be making "alien" contact.

I have no doubt that my teenage daughter is an alien. Her version of logic is not of this Earth.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
"The question remains; How did they get here? The question is being avoided."
*****************************************************************************************************
You know what they say...... "extraordinary claims need extraordinary proof" Your premise supposes the Aliens are here as 'Fact'. There is no evidence for them. There are stories, Legends, claims, oratories, suppositions and whatever else, but no actual vehicles or Aliens or bodies. Just a host of people managing to make a buck by claiming to be in some way part of an expose' or victim or abductee or to have seen them, or have a fuzzy picture.

Then we're on the same page. I'm not supposing they are here at all. I am questioning those who DO suppose they are here or claim that they are. The Laws of Physics as we know them (crucial point) would suggest that they CANNOT be here because of a built in speed limit in the Universe.

originally posted by: one4all

If you replace every instance of the word "alien" with the word "people with higher technology"in your post a very different meaning emerges.....one which is more likely than not.

I suggest you are on the right track. It's like the Indiana Jones movie: "They're digging in the wrong place."

originally posted by: Tuomptonite

Seems like a narrow minded and rather arrogant way to view the universe, to me. Not sure why so many men of science believe they have it all figured out. I'm sure brilliant scientists thought space travel was impossible 100 years ago. We went from riding horses to landing on the moon in 100 years. It's not inconceivable to imagine a civilization far older and more advanced than us has developed methods to travel light years.

It is neither narrow minded nor arrogant. We have to go by what we think we know, which I have attempted to make abundantly clear. If Einstein is right, there is no way. If he is wrong, we have made a serious error in terms of how we think the universe works. If Einstein is right, it doesn't matter how 'advanced" you are, you still can't break the Laws of Physics. That doesn't mean we have it "all figured out" at all. It means that given what we think we know, it is mathematically impossible to exceed the speed of light, tachyons notwithstanding. It's not a matter of "inventing" something new in materials science or propulsion systems or advanced technology. That's not going to cut it. It is equally arrogant to say, "Well, all we need to do is invent Warp Drive, then aliens." and then accept all the stories everyone tells at face value. In order to accept that possibility we need a fundamentally and mathematically different theory about the workings of the Universe.

Otherwise it's all just speculative fiction that allows us to believe anything, such as we are the aliens, an absurdity with zero evidence that contradicts a great deal of evidence we already have that we, very definitely, evolved here.
edit on 9/24/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
@ Plotus to your question... How did they get here?

Is a question you have to try answering yourself cause everything we know is only possibilities and theory's (more theory's) than anything.

Possibly,, using dark matter or some type of free energy that can be sourced throughout the universe/picked up as they travel at high speed, like a magnet to metal?

If we knew the answer then it would have been said along time ago.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: darkuniverse

will respectfully disagree my friend. Ufo's have been seen for hundreds of years probably longer. I agree with you that the quality of too many images these days are just plain awful, BUT, there are exceptions to the rule! There are many that have been called " possibly under intelligent control" by Astronauts as well as many pilots who have either seen these or had a close encounter with these ufo's. Too many people in the military and government have had experiences and encounters with ufo's. They are interested in our technology and esp. as it relates to weaponry. There may be some that as you say may be leaving us alone, but then I believe there are some that are watching us. Could be from the moon, could be closer could be farther, but we are being watched. I suspect they know we are at a very critical timeline in our life on this planet, between the wars, climate change and diseases, as well as violence and they want to see how we handle it...I think there is life all over the universe or universes, both as we know it, and as we do not know it. Just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

There are many that have been called " possibly under intelligent control" by Astronauts
Really. Can you provide one example out of many?

Just my opinion.

And you are welcome to it, as are a couple of astronauts.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: darkuniverse

Perhaps we are the aliens, and those most deem "the" aliens have more interest in our planet and the non human lifeforms from flora and fauna to insects and animal life?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join