It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeremy Corbyn wins Labour Leadership

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Well done Jeremy Corbyn, not only has he managed to win the Leadership competition, he has increased his Mandate.

This man has faced attack after attack since he bacame Leader in September 2015, but this has only acted to reinforce his support and I am glad to see that the members can see that he is electable, has policies that are fair for everyone and that his new way of politics is something people believe in.

There will not be a split in Labour, those M.P's who voted against him in the vote of no confidence that prompted this Leadership competition will not walk out on their jobs. Personally I believe they should, if their principles were such, that no matter what, they could not get behind their leader after the referendum, to ensure the Tories are held to account, and become an opposition of force.

Well done Jezza!!

www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 24/9/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I have absolutely no idea what this means. But you seem happy! S&F

edit on 24-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Ha ha, it's U.K politics and the man being discussed has just been re-elected leader of her Majesty's opposition. A totally pointless excercise if I'm honest, but a good result for me.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Dont like his policys but I do repect him.

He is one of the few politicans with conviction and honesty.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Good , I may not agree with all of Corbyn's policies and beliefs but he was elected leader on a clear mandate before the establishment and media decided to try to unseat him , now that mandate has been reaffirmed.

Owen Smith is an idiot and to my mind stood no chance against Corbyn from the outset , he represented what Labour voters had already rejected.
Corbyn still has a fight on his hands but now he has won two leadership elections in quick succession his hand is strengthened , he should be able to resist the calls to have selection of the Shadow Cabinet taken from him , an obvious ploy by the right.

Onward and upward.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I thought it was a good thing. I have watched all of Upstairs Downstairs and Downton Abbey, so I know the Labour party is the good one. I'm sorry if that is where my knowledge ends.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

That sounds like a speech.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   

From the heart mate , we're supposed to live in a democracy and when the democratically elected leader of the party of the people suffers an attempted coup by dark forces from the right it makes my blood boil.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Jeremy is our winning version of Bernie Sanders.

So it's a good day for us Brits.

Unelectable, my arse.

He is a natural born winner.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
It was never in doubt. Happy for him winning it, but he still makes the Labour party unelectable with him in charge.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Well he isn't truly honest. He BSed the whole train thing and made out there were no free seats for him then filmed a short little video talking about how he had to sit on the floor then when he was caught out and the CCTV was released of him walking onto the train and passed more than a dozen free seats to sit on the floor he then changed his story to that he couldn't find a seat where he could sit next to his wife, even though the staff offered him some seats in first class and he turned them down and he still lied about it when he was caught out and hasn't actually admitted to it yet, so he isn't completely honest and it was one of the reasons I wouldn't and wont vote for him in any election.

Plus him telling the world that he would never press the red button defeats our military almost before any war gets started. He has revealed that there is a point he wont pass, while I'm not saying he should press the button or it should be pressed ever, when you tell your enemies you have a limit to what you're willing to do it gives them a goal to reach.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

I said i respect him.

I would never vote for him.

I am right wing so labour is a no no for me anyway.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

You missed the big one where he had been anti-EU all of his life, then last year, after becoming Labour leader, he campaigned to stay in the EU!

I really like JC (and I'm a UKIP supporter) as he is clearly anti-establishment (though has fallen in back in line on some policies), that's why you see this leadership challenge and why he is always negatively portrayed in our press.

I just could never vote for him as I fundamentally disagree with three or four of his main policies.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

He is unelectable. I'm sorry but he isn't the right choice, I didn't vote for either because I have no clue who Owen Smith is, and apparently he has only been involved with politics for a year or two so he wasn't gonna win but Corbyn is the wrong choice to stand against The Conservatives, or any government to be honest. He will never be Prime Minister and because of this we are now stuck with a Tory government for the next twenty years or more. Corbyn has sold himself as the right choice for a different kind of politics (ignoring Traingate and how he lied and was proven to lie, but Corbynites like to ignore that and still call him honest) his different kind of politics are all well and good when other people invovled are willing to play with the same rule book but as we know politicians are horrible dark and backward people who will do anything, lie, cheat, steal to stay in their seats and Corbyn claims (Although Traingate says different) to be doing none of it.

He was mainly voted in by the younger voters, that is his base group. He is using that idea of him being different, even though he has been involved with politics for decades, They seem to see him as their messiah but he isn't he is a very naught boy (sorry couldn't help the Monty Python joke) but they do, they think that he is this great hero who will change the world and if he becomes PM then this country is gonna be laughed at across the world. He is the kind of guy you want advising your PM not sitting in the seat unless it's to keep the cushion warm - I'm annoyed that it was Owen Smith against him.

Last point - How can he be an honest guy when he sacks anyone who is against him or at least removes them from the front bench? That's not honest that's the way a non-lethal tyrant works.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Corbyn is the first genuine conviction politician the UK has seen since Thatcher.

More power to him!

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Not well done Corbyn it's well done to the people who voted him in under the premise that he is a different kind of politician, that's an oxymoron. Politicians are naturally liars, traingate leads the way with him, he lied on video about having nowhere to sit and then the cctv proved he lied because he walked passed dozens of seats, he was offered seats by the staff and he turned it down all because he wanted to make that little video and the Corbynites are constantly trying to think up ways to defend it.

Corbyn cannot become PM. He is the mistake that the labour membership gets to have much like they did with Ed Miliband. I know he was sold and likes to sell himself as the "new" politician but he isn't he has been a part of politics for decades, he waited until the last minute to say "stay in the EU" when for decades he has been talking about the EU being a mistake and not fit for purpose but when he became Labour leader he changed his tune.

He isn't a different kind of politician he is a politician who looked to the millions of youth votes that were untapped and said "right, how do I get them behind me?" and after a few minutes he came up with the idea and is stupidly now leader of the labour party.

Labour will and probably should break up after this. Corbyn removes people he doesn't like or who openly talk badly about him which isn't democracy, he lies on video and then denies he lied even after it's been proven to be a lie (whether you agree with what Virgin done or not by releasing the cctv). Corbyn being leader has secured a Tory government for decades and the only way the Labour party will win is if they team up with the SNP and he has already said that he isn't closed to that idea and we all (Brits) know how much of a terrorist like Nikola is.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MongolianPaellaFish

Yh I just replied to the OP and remembered that he was always against the EU until it fitted his plans. People thinking that he is a "Different" politician and that he is honest and open are fooling themselves. While I wouldn't say he is the worst he is right up there.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I can't take you serious when you go on a diatribe about a train journey.

#JeremyForPM

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Oh lol

I'm labour and I wouldn't vote for him not even if it was my vote that would get Labour in number 10. He is the mistake that I thought we already made with Ed.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Proves my point then. Corbynites are against even talking about it and yet if it wouldn't been a conservative or Owen Smith, they'd have been all over it. Why do you guys protect him so much?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join