It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have this weird theory....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Again this is just a theory.

It goes like this.

Each one of us is effectively like Truman on the Truman Show (movie staring Jim Carry)

We're essentially brought up in this prison city. All the people around us are either fake, andriods, actors, or holograms. They're not real.

We're taught all this stuff about how the "real world", "universe" and this fake "broader world is out there".

We're all stuck in our cities, towns or places. We're prisons here and we can't leave. Only we don't know it. And to leave has been made extremely difficult.

But you've gone on a few vacations right? Well what that is is that the fake city allows for temporary leaves (leaves of absense). When that happens a fake senario is introduced. We could be sort of venturing into a hollowdeck (VR simulator), or put into some odd drug enduced coma, etc etc, so we are able to leave the city and believe that there is a "whole world" out there.

But there is no universe, or globe. All there is is you trapped in a city like on the Truman Show.

Again it's just a weird theory, but I think it holds some weight. What do you think?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: bigpatato

if i am on the " trueman ape " show - then MEH - its good enough for me

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Umm NO.
I effectively have traveled(halfway) around the world.
ETA The pacific half of the earth.
edit on 9/24/2016 by jappee because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/24/2016 by jappee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Not possible. With the places I have lived and the extraordinary life I have had, your theory is not possible.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

oh... please.... do tell..

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   

I don't agree with the whole thing, like the idea of the physical city or vacationing, but I DO think that most of us, at one time or another in our lives find that, for a time, we are very much like in a Truman show, but that as soon as we stop playing the game or start to bore the audience and director, the show moves on to the next person.

While it's happening it's like the actors are shipped in and the stage is set, when all around you is a type of conspiracy and running series of synchronicities, and then I guess you either pass the test, maybe even make some waves or ride them yourself, or maybe you fail the test.

We all end up butting up against a wall of unreality, and we do have to have the courage to re-enter our own life as if for the first time, by recasting ourselves in our own play of our own making.

It's a great metaphor for a mid-life crisis or that dark night of the soul or the moment when the winds blow and the rains come to beat upon your house.

I think in one way or another it happens to us all and you have to have faith, courage and retain your wits about you to pass through the ordeal.

It's just part of the hero's journey, and it's somehow woven right into the very heart of things, and for a time, we all achieve momentary fame when all eyes are on YOU!

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
This isn't so much a theory as it is a mental issue that's (somewhat surprisingly VERY) common among people with an above average IQ or who inadvertently lean towards a more abstract way of thinking.

Honestly, I almost had a mental breakdown when the Truman Show was first released. I had thoughts along those lines for several years before the movie became known and when I learned of it I genuinely felt as though those "in charge" were blatantly mocking me. The subject came up one day in my guidance councelor's office and I was put into therapy.

Many tests and hours of wasting my time later, I was given the Stanford-Binet and told that in my range this line of thinking is quite common. I guess existential crises are more normal than anyone realizes. The best thing about it is therapists no longer try to drug you into submission past a certain point and become more interested in.... I suppose "studying" would be the proper word... what the cause for this problem is. Given, of course, you don't take it too far and let yourself lose grip of reality and rational thinking.

Anyway my point is, it's not happening. I don't think. I hope. Probably not, though. Funny enough, before I reached the end of your post and saw both film trailers, I was going to say I'd personally (and actually sometimes am) more concerned with a Dark City type of scenario. Then there it was.

In conclusion, thanks OP. Now I'm going to be awake even longer thinking about this. Again.

edit on 9/24/16 by Magnivea because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster
a reply to: reldra

oh... please.... do tell..

You wish

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Magnivea

Not like the Truman show, but...moving in and out of parallel universes and remembering a bit. Or a Matrix like thing and remembering a bit. My IQ is in the very high range, so I know what you are talking about. Most people will not and will say it is not real, whatever you are experiencing. It's real. And I have taken enough physics classes to know it's real. (shh I will look like more of a geek, if that's possible).

This is more real than the OP's idea.

but s&F for the OP anyway,
edit on 24-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Actually, maybe a bit like Dark City, especially when asleep.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Life is bit more complicated that we may know, but I'll drop you a subliminal instead of pointless words...

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

You do realise that with billions of people to "imprison" in all their dedicated "trueman show" devices, these devices would take more area than there is on the planet?

Of course, you could argue that the "real" world would be hidden to us and actually be way larger than the "false" Earth we know; but then if that was true the "real" world woud have a proportionally stronger gravitational field, wich we would definitely be feeling, yes even if we're inside some holographic illusion.

edit on 24-9-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne
About the gravitational field, if everything is a set up, it would be easy to introduce something to explain that away. Or never be known

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Perhaps we're running through a scenario that is simply the consciousness of our Creator - where everything is possible.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

We're essentially brought up in this prison city. All the people around us are either fake, andriods, actors, or holograms. They're not real.

Errmm, would that not make me an android, actor or hologram in my wife's "prison city"?
Not to mention everyone who knows me.

I applaud your expansive thinking but I totally disagree with your theory.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

your wife is the android in this scenario, not you.

and you are an android for me, in this scenario.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Yes, you are talking about a token economy....a token reality

it fits well yes...I'm 65 years old and confirming....

God has lotsa helpers all over the place.....
edit on 24-9-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Each one of us is effectively like Truman on the Truman Show (movie staring Jim Carry)

Then it's not your "theory." Is it?
And you spelled his name wrong. Or maybe you're a victim of the Mandela effect.

edit on 9/24/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Mine was cancelled due to low ratings.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
There is another possibility, what if many of us or at least some of us are in some type of space ship inside of a stasis chamber that has slowed our metabolisms but allows for brain activity. Now traveling through space would be a very long journey even traveling at the speed of light. So it would take a very long time to reach another inhabitable planet, so the neural interface is simply educating us as to why some of us left earth to begin a new civilization. Teaching us the mistakes that were made on our home planet so that when we arrive at our destination we have the knowledge necessary, so that we don't make the same mistakes on our new planet.
edit on Sat20169V201658830 by DonVoigt because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join