It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A hypothetical SHTF scenario...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   
This is a SHTF scenario for people that are living in a city or a large town.

Okay what would you do.... Here's the scenario....

Over the last several months society has been collapsing as a result of a series of apocolyptic events. The stock market colapsed and all businesses closed overnight. Then a massive plaugue had broken out killing off tons of people. En emp happened causing power loss, water and utilities are out, no cars run. Gangs, rioting, chaos blanket the city.

You've done your best to stay alive by hiding out in your house or apartment living off what little food and water you had left, but now you're virtually out.

Tragically your family all died of the plaugue.

You heard rummers that tptb are going to newk the city, or turn it into a fire storm. So you realize that you need to get out of there while you still have a chance. The only problem is the moment you unbaricade your door and step out you're facing danger of getting beaten up, robbed or killed by the gangs, and mobs and roam the streets.

You believe you might have a stronger chance to survive if you can get out of the city and start to make your way to a small town or else try and live out in the woods off the land.

Explain what would be your exit strategy for escaping the city???

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Easy being in the UK we do not have many guns so I will sharpen my Crusader sword,Hand and a half sword and my Arming sword put on my Steel armour and just walk outside and woe betide anyone who gets in my way.
If I meet any decent people we will gear up at the Leeds armories and take over a castle
Oh and get a horse because I have my first lesson next Tuesday
Charge!!!
edit on 24-9-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: bigpatato

meanwhile in the real world - life goes on

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Whats the Cubs motto? be prepared? Who hasn't gone over lots of different scenarios in our heads before sleep? what if this happened? besides it's fun

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   

I don't plan to survive the apocalypse.

It takes away all the stress and worry once you make that decision you can simply enjoy whatever life you have left one day at a time.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Grab my "go bag" and my saddle and wander just above the tree-line.

...But to be fair, I live in a place where that is possible. It may even take a day or two for us to realize anything has happened.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Well once we'd run out of food, I'd put my wife and kids in the attic before I went out to get more food, as we all know that's the safest hiding place.

Being in the UK as well, there's fewer guns. But no problem, my mate's a licensed shotgun holder who has about 3 or so, so he's one to spare. Trouble is, he's on the other side of town.

So I'd leather up and get on the motorbike. After all, this is the transport of choice after watching many disaster movies. Think Mila Jovovich - though not as pretty. And a man. That's me. So I'd race through town, kicking my way through the hordes til I get to his place.

After giving the secret password through a sliding grill he'd have by now installed on his front door (which'd also be steel at this point), he'd let me in and give me his cheapest shotgun. We'd then reminisce, briefly, over the good times - I'd stash a load of shells and he'd give me a few canned goods -then it's time to go. A man-hug later and I'd be back on the bike, knowing I'd probably never see him again. Which wouldn't be different from the norm as we don't see each other much anyway.

By now it's dark, so the element of stealth is gone (although it's difficult with a 800cc bike). I'd probably have to shoot a few gang members on route home, while moving of course 'cos that's cool. And reloading Arnie style.

I'd arrive home. I'm now armed so we have a way to defend ourselves. The family is fine - so we all get ready to go. We manage to get 4 on the bike - the kids ride in the panniers, wife on the handle bars. We ride to Scotland - as again that's where everyone heads to in a disaster. Cos they've got mountains and stuff.

That's what I'd do.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: youcanttellthepeople

Great plan but go to Wales the Scottish will be eating folk by then.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Do the majority of hiking at night, most of the gathering and hunting at sunrise and soon thereafter. If you have to hole up for the day make sure that it's in good spot. Small fires downwind of populated area and only as needed, not for pleasure or warmth. Don't stay anywhere too long until you get to a safer place.. Cover your tracks and try to leave as little evidence of your position as possible.

Youd have to think like a predator in a scenario like this.. Stay ahead of the game if you want to avoid being a victim.

The challenge would be worth the effort, and our brains are actually wired for this kind of living, people would find it a natural adaptation process I would think.. Most of the survivors would actually probably feel more like they've truly lived more after than they had before, even with all the hazards they'd have to contend with.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Find out where ground zero will be, go there and wait.

'Cause I'm already fed up with this world and I don't think I'd care to spend a lot of time in that one. You took away the only thing worth staying around for, i.e. my family.
edit on 2016 9 24 by incoserv because: I could

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: youcanttellthepeople
Well once we'd run out of food, I'd put my wife and kids in the attic before I went out to get more food

I guess you missed the part where your family all died of the plague, unless you meant to say that you would hide the bodies of your wife and kids in the attic.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
Easy being in the UK we do not have many guns so I will sharpen my Crusader sword,Hand and a half sword and my Arming sword put on my Steel armour and just walk outside and woe betide anyone who gets in my way.
If I meet any decent people we will gear up at the Leeds armories and take over a castle
Oh and get a horse because I have my first lesson next Tuesday
Charge!!!

I have plenty of guns and horses...and love England...

Once my army of Comanches and Texas Rangers have taken over north Texas we will head over to England with a horse and gun for you..

Long live ATS members!!!

-Christosterone

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

By the time you have rowed over here I would have founded a fully funtional post apocalyptic medievalsociety with me as king of course you will have to bend the knee

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
a reply to: Christosterone

By the time you have rowed over here I would have founded a fully funtional post apocalyptic medievalsociety with me as king of course you will have to bend the knee

LOL fair enough

It'll be fun if for nothing more than the anachronistic errors as my army of Comanches and rangers takes tea in your court...

Edit: I'm not rowing....I'm either taking old Ironsides out of moor or picking up a Viking replica from my Canadian brothers....hey, it's the apocolypse and I'm gonna be in a George washington(or elvis) outfit sailing the uss constitution into your fair waters...

Long live the new medieval kingdom!!!

I would also have these cars lol

edit on 24-9-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I've already taken the steps to avoid your scenario. You should too if ya can.

Piss on City life!

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
I've already taken the steps to avoid your scenario. You should too if ya can.

Piss on City life!

You think you're safe living out in the country, but that's where all the city riffraff will flock to in a SHTF situation. Hope you have lots of guns.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I honestly don't know what I'd do in a big city, because.....I'll never live in one. Have in the past and that's why I live in a very small town in the middle of nowhere.
You can have the big city and all it's SHTF problems. I'll stay out here with all the food. You know, squirrels, turkey, deer, rabbit and all the stuff I'm canning from my garden and fruit trees.

In all seriousness, if you've stuck around long enough for all that to happen, you'll never make it 6 blocks. You should have hauled ass when the stock market crashed and all the businesses closed. Money was worthless after that and where did you think you were going to get food?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Why does every one in the UK think people dont have guns. How about the 19 charged with a gun fight at some beach bar. UK has guns and a ton of full auto your news just doesnt talk about it. If SHTF you would be surprised at all the guns that come out.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: speeddr2000

We have a small gun culture I agree I even have a locall gunsmith. Shells and bullets would be spent in a few weeks though.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I pity big city residents. May they all rest in peace when SHTF. If you're stuck in the rat race at that point, adios amigos.

The folks with a fighting chance are those in sparsely populated, rural areas, with abundant forests and wildlife. People who grew up fishing and hunting and growing their own crops. Resourceful people who are able to take advantage of nature's provisions.

I like my chances in my small, tight knit town, tucked away in the western Sierra Nevadas. Everybody knows everybody and we tend to look after our own. Outsiders beware, as we don't always take kindly to flat landers. Most guys I know collect guns and ammo. A pistol, rifle and shotgun is the basic starter kit but the more the merrier.

As Hank Williams Jr. once sang :

I got a shotgun, a rifle and a 4 wheel drive and a country boy can survive

We can skin a buck, we can run a trot line and a country boy can survive.
edit on 9 24 2016 by Tuomptonite because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join