It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Introducing NEW Zodiac Sign - Ophiuchus

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DigitalVigilante420

Then,
and now.

Dude.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I think astrology is a lot of nonsense anyway, so it doesn't matter if NASA or anyone else for that matter thinks there are 12, 13 or 13,000 zodiac signs. How exactly is the position of the Earth in its orbit when you are born meant to have any impact whatsoever on your life or anything else?

I think astrology is a remnant from when people didn't know any better.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The OP's entire premise is generously basted in the stupidity of idiots writing articles, who couldn't understand the fricking NASA page for CHILDREN in the first place. Adults couldn't wrap their minds around a simple history lesson for kids. It would be unbelievable if it wasn't so par for the course.

NASA didn't change s#.

NASA isn't hiding s#.

People who cannot differentiate a historical lesson from oogity boogity, however, have a bunch of the brown stuff between their ears.

edit on 9/25/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
**Double Post. See below.

edit on 2016-9-25 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
Does this mean that NASA is endorsing astrology? I thought it was a silly superstition used for entertainment purposes and completely unscientific.

The Zodiac constellations have a history that does not necessarily involve astrology. Astronomers throughout history -- even those who did NOT believe the locations of the planets and stars during your birth can be meaningful to events throughout your life -- cataloged stars based on their proximity to constellations, including zodiac constellations. And one of those constellation historically used by astronomers is Ophiuchus, which is not new at all.

So, no. Just because NASA mentions zodiac constellations in an astronomy history lesson doesn't mean that they are promoting astrology.

edit on 2016-9-25 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman
Maybe that's how Gemini became the twins. Anyone that has been with a Gemini knows there is that nasty evil twin that rears their mean evil self on occasions!

I WAS a "Gemini" but about 5 years right after 'My Epiphany' I looked into "Ayurvedic Astrology" which goes back thousands of years, that is when I discovered that I was actually a "Taurus" and now with the new, updated table I'm a 'Taurus'...

There are a bunch of FREE "Ayurvedic Astrology" sites and You'll also need to add the actual 'time' of delivery and then the chart will show where the Moon/Stars are..

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
So strange that this is big news again. I remember probably around 6 years ago this same story was in the headlines, all over the news and social media. I was a member of a forum and we were all reading our new signs to see if the new sign or the old sign fit, Capricorn stayed better suited for me
. Then a member came into the thread and bursted all of our bubbles that they were not actually changing our astrological signs. So funny that this is in the news again, like it is new news. Recycled news?!lol

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: cappy85
So strange that this is big news again. I remember probably around 6 years ago this same story was in the headlines, all over the news and social media. I was a member of a forum and we were all reading our new signs to see if the new sign or the old sign fit, Capricorn stayed better suited for me
. Then a member came into the thread and bursted all of our bubbles that they were not actually changing our astrological signs. So funny that this is in the news again, like it is new news. Recycled news?!lol

Quick! Start a "Mandela Effect" thread!

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I like that Ophiuchus base falls toward the centre of the Milky Way from our line of sight

But of course it reminds me of an old cartoon figure who declared a truism for all
"You are now standing exactly over the centre of the Earth" (core)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001
I am not sure this is a Mandella effect, I was talking to a friend from that group and she remembers that thread too, so I think it was forgotten about and this is just recycled news

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001
Here is an article from 2011 www.nbc-2.com..., I think everyone just forgot? I don't know, but I knew I wasn't crazy and that I have heard this news before!

edit on 3-10-2016 by cappy85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Here are 2 more articles.....2007 and 2013..... Certainly not a new revelation.

www.livescience.com...

www.space.com...

edit on 4-10-2016 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join