It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Citizen can't get job in U.S.,Priority of Hire goes to Border Jumpers from Mexico

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
U.S. citizen, resident of Albertville, Alabama, was disqualified from getting hired for a job, because she can't speak Spanish. Hiring priority goes to illegal aliens.

Quote from The Daily Mail

A white middle class Alabama woman says she has been rejected by prospective employers because she doesn't speak Spanish.

Sandra Langlois, a native of Albertville, Alabama, told CNN the changing demographics brought on by illegal immigration has left working class whites like herself struggling to find gainful employment.

...The influx of immigrants - both legal and illegal - has made it harder for native-born Americans who don't speak Spanish to find jobs ...

This is all part of barry hussein soetoro soebarkah's plan for us
and will be continued under Hillary's plan for us.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Adonsa

OK dude. Thanks for letting us know.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
"Out-of-Towners" also score well when scoring Business Loans... It seems the guy who answers "I just got off the plane" trumps the guy who answers like Mr Sulu "San Francisco, I was born there..."

I'm sure the TPP™ will make thing all the better???

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Adonsa
U.S. citizen, resident of Albertville, Alabama, was disqualified from getting hired for a job, because she can't speak Spanish. Hiring priority goes to illegal aliens.

No. Hiring priority goes to people who can speak Spanish. There's a wee bit of difference there.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

She has this all wrong.

It is not the influx of immigrants to the country which cause her frustrations, but the reaction of the people doing the hiring, to that influx. Blame the boss.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I want a job as a typist but I cannot type so whaaaaaaa they hire someone else who can. Whaaaaaa.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
So what your telling me is that some one applied for a job where being bilingual was a requirement and is upset because they didn't get the job because all they speak is Merican?

Damn those hippie commie pinko ninja turtles they shoulda hired dem cuz they got the good ol USA running through them veins.... You know because there from Merica.....

Shakes head.....

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

No. Hiring priority goes to people who can speak Spanish. There's a wee bit of difference there.

People in my line of work who are bi or even multi-lingual are paid quite well for being able to communicate with others with their native tongue when English isn't their first language.

I suppose I should now whine and complain because "dey took r jobzz!"

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

She has this all wrong.

It is not the influx of immigrants to the country which cause her frustrations, but the reaction of the people doing the hiring, to that influx. Blame the boss.

Great point. Why blame potential employees for not being able to find work when praising those who do the employing who may partake in shady actions?

It's like blaming the actions of a child raised wrong on the child rather than whoever raised the child.

I just can't wrap my mind around the "logic."

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Latin American employees work harder and complain less and ask for less raises.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

First of all Daily Mail, pure trash. I wouldn't use it a source unless you too really hate all things alien and related to immigration. That out of the way, I wonder what kind of jobs she was turned down because of immigrants? She only lost the chance to get the job because she doesn't speak Spanish? It all sounds like BS to me, tbh.
edit on 23-9-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadness

That is a very objective generalization.... And at least in my opinion is just as offensive as the ops post.

While I understand what it is I think you are trying to say, let me try and phrase it in a slightly less ugly way.

Illegal imagrents are more likely to work for less and do anything to keep there job as they know they are on phone call away from being deported, thusly employers can pay them less treat them like cap and they take it so they can provide a better life for there families.

Did I get your meaning correct?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: crimsongod21

No many immigrants love being here and see opportunities to actually have a job. So in return they work harder because where they came from the same thing didn't exist.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Quote from The Daily Mail

A white middle class Alabama woman says she has been rejected by prospective employers because she doesn't speak Spanish.

Sandra Langlois, a native of Albertville, Alabama, told CNN the changing demographics brought on by illegal immigration has left working class whites like herself struggling to find gainful employment.

...The influx of immigrants - both legal and illegal - has made it harder for native-born Americans who don't speak Spanish to find jobs ...

This is all part of barry hussein soetoro soebarkah's plan for us
and will be continued under Hillary's plan for us.

One: It's the Daily Mail.

Two: When you live in a area with a large population of Spanish-speaking people, knowing two languages is a great self-marketing tool to have and often a needed skill in order to efficiently perform at a job.

Three: If an American applied for the same job and could speak both efficiently, I'm sure that they got the job.

Four: The story seems to leave out information about who did get the job--probably because it doesn't follow the narrative of the title.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I speak both however no job in an English speaking country should be dependent on a person speaking any other language other than English.....If you move to another country learn their language....PERIOD!!!

There should be no Spanish option in English speaking countries. Just like there should be no English option in Spanish speaking countries...

Granted I know it may be helpful but should NEVER be a requirement....

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

So, there should be no interpreters, no language teachers, no international business transactions...

I mean, really?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

That's a crazy right wing world too forget it who cares anymore nationalities are becoming outdated.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadness

Well it certainly is crazy.

I know that certain transnational corporate activities straight up should never be initiated, but if you want to buy some coffee beans or transit some legitimate goods from south of the border, or from Spain, but all your people are banned from speaking Spanish, and that no job requirement can be posted involving speaking anything other than English, then you have two problems.

First of all, your trade falls off a cliff. Second of all, you wind up with no one being allowed to speak, because I have yet to hear of an American speaking English correctly, and do not give me that "It's American English, bawwwww, bad naughty man!" crap. English is English, and if you are not speaking it correctly, like pronouncing Aluminium the way we do this side of the pond, you are not doing it right, period.

So silence then, achieving nothing?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well I guess lucky for that woman from Alabama the most widely spoken language is English....Am I not correct?

An no one is saying their can't be people that speak other languages and they are not allowed to speak to other people...I'm just saying a country should not but requirements on a job in their county that makes them speak another language...

Wasn't Britain pushed to the brink of speaking German??? Guess you're lucky those American English speaking guys came in to give you a old hand so you can sit there high and mighty speaking about the pronunciation of Aluminium...

When Mexico occupies and defeats United State of America then we change to Spanish.... Until then No Hablo Espanol!!

edit on 23-9-2016 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

First of all,

Let's just be honest here. The American involvement in WW2 came FAR to late to mean a damn thing about which side your nations bread was buttered at the time. OUR lot did the hard work in that fight, which you can deny if you want to show yourself up as a total clod, but for no other reason.

Second you have just stated that you believe that no job should require a person to speak a language other than English, despite the fact that there are many jobs in ANY nation, which require multi-lingual capacity. This is a fundamentally flawed and stupid statement, no matter which way you slice it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join