It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlotte Shooting Video: Footage Shows Fatal Encounter Between Police, Keith Lamont Scott

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ReAdY2AsCeNd

Not trying to pick on you but I can't help but notice what you are doing here.

What am I doing. I'm outraged to learn, which I just did learn from this thread's video, that the gun was either photo shopped into the photo, or planted there for the photo, because it isn't in the video!

From what I can find, the only eye witnesses saying the he had a gun are the police, and whoever took that (fake) picture.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The video is proof of nothing concerning the gun or no gun argument. It is fuzzy and jittery. You cannot at all see clearly anything that is happening.

What it is proof of is that the man was not complying with the police.

He was driving a car so would should be able to infer that he was coherent and cognizant.

Had he complied and done what the police said, he would be alive.

I feel sad for the woman, but this guy should have just done what the police told him to do.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I already said that I was mistaken., What do you have to say about the gun NOT being in the video?

link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

It certainly does not just come down to him not obeying rules. Thats why the police state is in full effect. You dont care.

I dont blame the cops they are doing a job they were hired to do. Its the job and methodology as well as aptitude level I have an issue with. Now we are in a what came first the chicken or the egg? Was it palestine or israel who threw the first rock?

It doesnt matter. To help the situation the police forces need to change training method, physical training while on the force not just to become a cop, shooting (guy in florida had a rifle at 50 yards was allegedly aiming at the autistic man).

None of the situations i mentioned are a moral gray area. They are situation which require political change to make laws and training reflect a better behavior pattern. The problems and reasons that cops are put in war zones also need addressing.

link   
I just watched it on the big screen. She said, "Keith, get out of the car." Then, she tells him "don't do it!". This sounds like she saw him point the gun and knew what he was about to do.

Besides, how would she even know whether or not he had a gun. She wasn't in the car with him.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: ReAdY2AsCeNd

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: WilburnRoach

Proof positive that the police planted or shopped the weapon into the picture. There's only one reason to do that, they lied about him having a gun!

Earlier and in this post you said that they planted the gun which would imply that you saw one in the video and now you are saying that it is photoshopped. How can both be true?

Just curious...

I think there's some serious mental gymnastics on display in this thread. Glad I'm not the only one who's noticed.

Agreed!

This type of telephone game playing is what is fueling the outrage that is happening as I type this and will most certainly continue until it the anger dies down, it becomes boring and on to the next thing to get outraged about. All because of lying, and playing the telephone game.

link   

a reply to: Vasa Croe

They either planted the gun, or shopped it into the picture. It's NOT in the video!

Do you see the yellow tape? The pic with the gun is long after the video was taken, so doesn't have to be photoshopped. I do see what looks like a gun in the wife's video. It is in the shadows as others have mentioned and it moves as if being kicked but we can't actually see anyone kick it. However, it's very fuzzy and hard to tell if its actually a gun in the video.

link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: JDeLattre89

I don't know what happened. But it did appear she was trying to help. She sad he had a TBI (traumatic brain injury, prior injury), also just said he just took his medicine. More may come out about that, but his family described him as disabled, not sure to what degree, but alot of medicine can affect cognitive ability. Stress of being swarmed may intensify that.

This makes even sadder. Shooting a man with a gun is bad, shooting a brain injured man who is on unpredictable medication holding a gun is just wrong.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: bluesjr
Its planted between 1:37 and 1:42 in the video

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I hope the truth comes out.

The guilty are punished.

The innocent are vindicated.

The looting and rioting stops.

link   
A couple things...Why is he waiting in his car for his kids to get off the bus? He is obviously at his home are they not old enough to walk ton the door?

2nd He also obviously got out of the car and walked he wasn't right next to the car or in it when he got shot.

Last after the gun is dropped why isn't she saying something like "That's not his gun, That's not his gun". Why not call them out if it wasn't his gun?
edit on 23-9-2016 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: scojak

That doesn't really account for the actual relationship between cops and the black community. If the social contract is percieved as broken we cant just say well he was beligerant he deserved it. It also takes the pressure off politicians who have ignored these issues in their districts because of voting demographics.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

a reply to: ReAdY2AsCeNd

What am I doing. I'm outraged to learn, which I just did learn from this thread's video, that the gun was either photo shopped into the photo, or planted there for the photo, because it isn't in the video!

From what I can find, the only eye witnesses saying the he had a gun are the police, and whoever took that (fake) picture.

You are trying to twist the facts seen in the video to twist the narrative. The gun is clearly seen in the video taken by the wife of Mr. Scott. If you pause the video at 1:45 to 1:48 you can see it. No one dropped it for planting purposes. You even admitted that you were wrong about another thing concerning the video.

link   
a reply to: windword

Nope. His brother said he had a gun and the whole reason he got out of the truck in the first place was because he was armed and scared.

Of course it's the same brother that said officers had nothing on to identify themselves as police and jumped out of their vehicles and immediately shot the deceased, so I suppose we can't take his word for much.

link   

originally posted by: WilburnRoach

Perhaps. After watching over and over I've decided that its inconclusive.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilburnRoach

Stop.

You see something dark on the ground and take that to mean that someone just planted a gun on the crime scene.

The justice system may be bad, but I'm glad they don't use your logic to decide how facts are derived.
edit on 9/23/2016 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Why did the officers speak to the victim at all? He was in his own vehicle minding his own business. Running the plates would confirm he was not the person the warrant was issued for.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

You said it after I posted the comment you're replying to so....cool story?

What I have to say is that you're seeing exactly what you want to see, which is why you're scrambling to find the "evidence" to best support the conclusion you already had in mind.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
How does she go from saying that he doesn't have a gun to yelling at him, "Keith, KEITH, don't you do it!"

Don't do what?

And then if your husband is shot and lying there on the floor dying, how do you respond by continuing to record, commenting in a calm(ish) manner? Maybe shock, I guess, but she certainly seems to have an alternative agenda by recording this whole thing and commenting the whole time and just the way that she ended it.

I don't know what to think about her, but she is a distraction from the meat of the issue, and this video doesn't answer many of those questions pertaining to the shooting, other than her constant screaming would have escalated the tension of the whole incident.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: scojak

It is true thoug that the gun for what ever reason was placed there for the photo and was not on the scene. Cops do plant guns. A guy just got busted in st louis for it. (For an older shooting)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join