It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlotte Shooting Video: Footage Shows Fatal Encounter Between Police, Keith Lamont Scott

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Cellphone video shows the encounter between police and Keith Lamont Scott !!

Apparently this is from Scott's wife.

Well what does this show now?

Charlotte Shooting Video: Footage Shows Fatal Encounter Between Police, Keith Lamont Scott

Unsettling footage obtained exclusively by NBC News shows the moments leading up to the fatal police shooting of Keith Lamont Scott in Charlotte, North Carolina.

The footage, taken by Scott's wife, does not clearly show the exact moment he was shot by police on Tuesday. Scott is seen on the ground moments after the shots were fired and surrounded by officers.

"He better not be f---ing dead, he better not be f---ing dead," Rakeyia Scott can be heard shouting at the police officers. "He better live, he better live!" It is not clear what preceded the shooting.

edit on Sep-23-2016 by xuenchen because: wow

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Another source:

Wife of Keith Scott, Charlotte Shooting Victim, Filmed Fatal Encounter With Police

Some "transcripts" from the video (explicit language removed):

OFFICER: Don’t shoot. Drop the gun. Drop the f*****g gun.

RAKEYIA SCOTT: Don’t shoot him. Don’t shoot him.

OFFICER: Drop the gun.

RAKEYIA SCOTT: He didn’t do anything.

OFFICER: Drop the gun. Drop the gun.

RAKEYIA SCOTT: He doesn’t have a gun. He has a T.B.I. (Traumatic Brain Injury).

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Unsettling footage obtained exclusively by NBC News shows the moments leading up to the fatal police shooting of Keith Lamont Scott in Charlotte, North Carolina.

The footage, taken by Scott's wife, does not clearly show the exact moment he was shot by police on Tuesday. Scott is seen on the ground moments after the shots were fired and surrounded by officers.

"He better not be f---ing dead, he better not be f---ing dead," Rakeyia Scott can be heard shouting at the police officers. "He better live, he better live!" It is not clear what preceded the shooting.

It shows the Police of America are out of F'ing Control. The thing to do would be to let his Wife have a word with him.
edit on 23-9-2016 by ugmold because: edit

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Can't make it full screen; cant really see anything.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Well, what we have here is . . . nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

Does not film her husband at all, or the gunshots. It is still her word vs. theirs. She did nothing to deescalate the situation save for cause a distraction to the cops. All I see here is an angry woman who don't like cops and don't trust her husband.

Yup, when the police video is released, maybe then we'll see something. Until then, we still have nothing to go on.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Did he have a damn gun, or what?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Looking it over we still can't determine by 'seeing' what his actions were just before the cops open fire.

My focus is on 1:45 when the 'object' gets tossed to the ground. I'll let others review where it appears to come from.

Further: Cop picks up the 'object;' messes with it and then tosses it back down on the ground just a few seconds later.

Quit showing one photo folks and analyze the footage.
edit on 23-9-2016 by intrptr because: Further and spelling

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Nice. Just in time and the perfect video for it all to kick off tonight. The police had better release their videos NOW.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Interesting...so she is screaming for her husband "Keith don't do it" What is she telling him not to do? And the report you link to says there is no gun visible. I can see it on the ground right next to Keith as he is laying there...one officer appears to even kick it out of the reach of Keith's body at one point as well.

The officer gave him VERY clear instruction to drop the gun multiple times and he didn't.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

abcnews.go.com...

Well this is a damning picture !!!

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

I don't know what happened. But it did appear she was trying to help. She sad he had a TBI (traumatic brain injury, prior injury), also just said he just took his medicine. More may come out about that, but his family described him as disabled, not sure to what degree, but alot of medicine can affect cognitive ability. Stress of being swarmed may intensify that.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

They've zoomed in on it, it's blurry. I think everyone should wait for everything to transpire before we speculate on whether a husband and father deserved to die.

If you point a gun you will get shot. But we don't know yet. Time will tell though, they'll be forced to release their footage.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89
Well, what we have here is . . . nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

Does not film her husband at all, or the gunshots. It is still her word vs. theirs. She did nothing to deescalate the situation save for cause a distraction to the cops. All I see here is an angry woman who don't like cops and don't trust her husband.

Yup, when the police video is released, maybe then we'll see something. Until then, we still have nothing to go on.

I wonder if anyone noticed her saying "Keith don't do it" several times?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Interesting...so she is screaming for her husband "Keith don't do it" What is she telling him not to do? And the report you link to says there is no gun visible. I can see it on the ground right next to Keith as he is laying there...one officer appears to even kick it out of the reach of Keith's body at one point as well.

The officer gave him VERY clear instruction to drop the gun multiple times and he didn't.

Did you see who threw the gun down there? Not saying he didnt have a gun but the cops ver well could have dropped the gun there. After all the cop in tulsa said the guy was reaching in his car for a gun. Obviously a lie. Cops lie like anyone else. They certainly are not beyond having throw down weapons incase they mess up. Or drugs for that matter.

Like this guy who was caught planting a gun on a guy he killed.

thecrimereport.org...

edit on 23-9-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

To which she replies, "He doesn't have a gun he has an (inhaler), he just took his medication."

Left that part out, dincha...

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

abcnews.go.com...

That gun isn't there in the video!

edit on 23-9-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I also noticed what you said. What was also a red flag for me was how she pointed the camera down when the incident was taking place. She was aimed on them when she was yelling about how they were going to break the window out. Guess she didn't want something shown once he got out of the vehicle. IMHO.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I saw the "object" get tossed as well.

I had seen the photo in this thread yesterday and I was looking for the gun in the video, I do not see it.

This could be really big trouble for the officers involved.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I agree.
I didnt see it either.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join