It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello ATS...Anybody ever have a DNA test for Ancestry?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I remember reading that 30 % + of people do not have the father they think they do as a womans body can hold on to all the seamen from all the males she has had sex with .

And that is going to be a world of hurt for a lot of people Today, 30% of DNA paternity tests, nearly one in three, prove that the man involved is not the father of the child in question. Currently more than 300,000 such tests are done each year. Since it is unlikely that these paternity tests were done without an underlying reason, almost certainly involving payment of child support, there are thus over 90,000 men who have been falsely accused of paternity each year.

rense.com...

But no chance with me doing a test as i do not trust anyone with this info

edit on 23/9/2016 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Intresting take.. not exactly right one tho
Study said that female DNA can hold male DNA ( in her DNA ). It takes two to make a child and child gets half DNA from mother half from father..

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Then you got some viking in ya'll

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I'm 37% Neanderthal
63% Awesome

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I have no doubts, I would have a high percentage of Neanderthal! Not even kidding, my dad's area is one of the last known groupings of them before extinction. And my brother and male cousins all seem to be rock apes, working somehow with rock. Ugg. Ugg, *beats chest.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AshFan
Genealogy is intresting.. you never know what you will find.

My ancestors this far ( supposedly finnish girl ) .. crazy
edit on 23-9-2016 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

I was thinking about it. Until I learned they share the results with government agencies. In regard to genes that make one more likely to do any number of things.

I had a thread about a medical company that offered me a DNA test free, paid for by insurance, over the phone. I told them no. Made me uncomfortable. Then I did some reading. I don;t have the articles at hand, sorry.
edit on 23-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Thanks to you, I just ordered a 23andme kit. I choose them because they had the free Neanderthal and paternal lineage tests included. Ill post my findings in 6 to 8 weeks.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

You're

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AshFan

Wow you did ! If you have downloadable DNA you can use tools to find out without charge

Genetic genealogy tools

Very nice collection tools ..

edit on 23-9-2016 by dollukka because: typo day..

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I mainly talk to my family, both sides, for this information. I knew I had German on both sides. Irish on one side and polish on another.

I had always wondered about my relatives that came from Quebec. They are not French Canadian, I recently found. They came from Ireland to Quebec. Some had Portugese husbands. Sailors.

I wondered why no one was ever very clear on this. Apparently, my great grandmother considered them- relatives of her husband, 'Black Irish'. Which was frowned upon then.

I belong to a website dedicated to the name of my father's side of the family. German and very detailed.

I do not want to give a DNA kit to anyone.
edit on 23-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
I remember reading that 30 % + of people do not have the father they think they do as a womans body can hold on to all the seamen from all the males she has had sex with .

And that is going to be a world of hurt for a lot of people Today, 30% of DNA paternity tests, nearly one in three, prove that the man involved is not the father of the child in question. Currently more than 300,000 such tests are done each year. Since it is unlikely that these paternity tests were done without an underlying reason, almost certainly involving payment of child support, there are thus over 90,000 men who have been falsely accused of paternity each year.

rense.com...

But no chance with me doing a test as i do not trust anyone with this info

There are also rare cases of twins having different fathers. I would actually like to find that my father is not my biological father, unfortunately, he is.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

Intresting take.. not exactly right one tho
Study said that female DNA can hold male DNA ( in her DNA ). It takes two to make a child and child gets half DNA from mother half from father..

Not any more i am afraid one man can now be his own grandfather it seems after reading the latest headlines from a few weeks ago

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I hear you on that one .
unfortunately me and my father look like peas in a pod but i am so like my grandfather who died before my father was born , the first time i saw a photo of him it was like looking in a mirror

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

That's 30% of men taking paternity tests, not 30% of men. The thing is that paternity tests are usually sought for a reason.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Thanks D, I'll look into it because I've been after information like this for a long while. It'd be so interesting for the family to know our lineage. We're all green/blue eyed with fair skin and likely to have much of our roots in the R1b haplogroup (NW European hunter gatherers).

I have a relative who subscribes to the notion that we're pure 'white' and I'd mischievously enjoy showing them a strand of Berber Arab or North African in our genome lol.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I used both 23AndMe and Ancestry. I am Bi-racial, so mine came up as numerous things, from african, to middle eastern, to southern european. It was quite fascinating. 23andme was better than Ancestry in my opinion, as it noted the specific countries and haplogroups.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join